Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Blackbird Pilot

Justin, I really can't thank you enough for the life altering experience of seeing the collection and driving the Dragon for the first time, I can't wait for part II next summer. Big thanks to Matt Drendell and Bryan Caldwell also for being so gracious with their time and collection.

It was great to see the other pelicanites and Rennlisters even though we all couldn't have our babies out to play.

Brad's black beast is one of my favorites and the everlasting flame outs were totally impressive. I just can't believe the bumperettes weren't toasted!

Miguel - awesome driving, you really are an inspiration. Next time we'll see if I can keep up on the dragon.

Jeff - Hope I didn't hold you up too much on the way back, you guys are such great drivers.

Big thanks to Zuffenhaus for the meeting place and for the great conversation at lunch. Can't wait to work with you guys on some aspects of the Blackbird in the comming months.

We just got back to Texas last night after going through terrible rain storms but its all good. It beats the 20 degree weather we saw on the drive. It was 72 degrees here last night! I'll never forget this trip, it was by far the most rewarding experience in a very long time. Thanks to all those who participated, it was a blast.

Now for some pics...I'm adding all the pics to my online account at Flickr but for now (while those are uploading) here are a few of my favorites.

Justin's 934 Reflections...

Brad's Flames

A study in Patina

917 Wheel with Justin and Bryan

Unusual Suspects

Mechanical Conversations

War Dogs at rest

Justin next to the tree of doom

A great view

Dragon Victory...Yea though I walk to the Valley of the Dragon I shall fear no corner for the 935's spirit is with me

Last edited by Reaper930; 12-10-2008 at 09:27 AM..
Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Links to photos - all hi res pics.

Drive to the collection

Collection

After the Dragon
Old 12-10-2008, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Epic weekend! Can't wait to do it again.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Very cool!!! If you guys do it again in the summer I might plan a trip to visit my parents ( in Lake Lure N.C) and drive the track dog...
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 12-11-2008, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

I'm a little late to the game, but wanted to say thank you to Justin for putting the weekend together. Opportunities to visit collections like Matt's do not come up often and it was very generous of him to let us wander around the cars so freely. Plus, having Bryan and Matt telling the stories that go with the cars was priceless.

Enjoyed the drive, wish I could have continued on to Deals Gap, and hope to see you all again soon.
R #368, S #692
Mint Hill, NC
Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcunning View Post
Here are some of mine...

This is the car used in the "Bad Boyz" movie.
From the movie .....

Marcus Burnett: Hey man where-where-where's your cup holder?

Mike Lowrey: I don't have one.

Marcus Burnett: What the f- w'you mean you don't have one? Eighty thousand dollars for this car and you ain't got no damn cup holder?

Mike Lowrey: It's $105,000 and this happens to be one of the fastest production cars on the planet. Zero to sixty in four seconds, sweetie. It's a limited edition.

Marcus Burnett: You damn right it's limited. No cup holder, no back seat. Just a shiny dick with two chairs in it. I guess we the balls just draggin' the **** along.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Best movie quote ever
Old 01-01-2009, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Thanks for all the photos guys and happy new year to you all.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 01-01-2009, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)

haha, it is a great quote, the finance and i netflixed the movie within a week or so of the trip, i enjoyed the car even more in the movie after seeing it in person!! some of the driving of that car has to be the best porsche advertisement ever!!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: