Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
...I've converted mine to manual.
Sorry to continue taking this off topic, but what was involved in the conversion to manual? My car is an '87.

I don't currently have heat due to the lack of heater boxes on my headers. I would like to ditch some of this BS that the factory tried to modernize. Rather than ditch it all, I'd like to have some sort of manual controls...just in case.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-03-2008, 05:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
I was wondering what that "inverted" rubber joystick was up there by the rear view mirror! I thought It had something to do w/Temp-Sensing. Either that, or a microphone for wireless phone system [1979-vintage]! Ha!!

I'm going to raise the car and see if the boxes are closing 100%. Maybe one is staying open, BECAUSE - I'm getting hot air out of the LEFT defrost duct and not the right one...??? Maybe start by looking at the left one...
Old 11-03-2008, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

In my case it was easy because I have the Hargett shifter. It exposes the lever to the heater cable.

You can use an earlier handbrake with the heater control built in. My 81 SC had the auto heat with the lever. See the attached picture. This hanbrake with the correct cover will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Sorry to continue taking this off topic, but what was involved in the conversion to manual? My car is an '87.

I don't currently have heat due to the lack of heater boxes on my headers. I would like to ditch some of this BS that the factory tried to modernize. Rather than ditch it all, I'd like to have some sort of manual controls...just in case.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

They need to stay in the open postion to let the heat out. Closing the heater box vents allows the hot air to flow into the passenger cabin. Check for the small spring on each that keeps them open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney265 View Post
I was wondering what that "inverted" rubber joystick was up there by the rear view mirror! I thought It had something to do w/Temp-Sensing. Either that, or a microphone for wireless phone system [1979-vintage]! Ha!!

I'm going to raise the car and see if the boxes are closing 100%. Maybe one is staying open, BECAUSE - I'm getting hot air out of the LEFT defrost duct and not the right one...??? Maybe start by looking at the left one...
Old 11-03-2008, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
will do - - that makes sense....
Old 11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Smile

The left heater box's cable mechanism was malfunctioning. I repaired the cable and now, NO MORE HEAT ON MY FEET!!

I'm all fixed up on the cabin heat. Now, I need to focus on the engine heat... See my other post...
Old 11-07-2008, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: