Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

This yellow 930 makes the first one look like beater.

[QUOTE]Here is a spanking clean car that I have been watching.

To me there is no comparison.

Last edited by A930Rocket; 11-26-2008 at 02:43 PM..
Old 11-26-2008, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
WOW, Did I say WOW. I like the yellow beast, the black shark fins really set it off with the black Fuchs centers.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
WOW, Did I say WOW. I like the yellow beast, the black shark fins really set it off with the black Fuchs centers.
me likes as well.

just a little out of my price range.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Looks nice. My only picks are no sport seats. The rubber is separated on the intercooler as on the other. Also the price is already close to 70 grand, the other may be less. Also why not have the steering wheel straight for photo op as long as it is so nice . Yellow could be color to sample which is a definite plus as far as rarity goes. Why the other seller used old photos of it when it had 14XX miles ( now 15XX miles ) is beyond me. Looks like some exceptional cars are being offered lately. I like mine well used and tastefully modded for performance but for clients to each their own.

Last edited by voitureltd; 11-27-2008 at 02:51 PM..
Old 11-26-2008, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

WOW, looks just exactly like my '87....well, except mine's white, but otherwise a dead ringer. Oh, but I'm running a larger intercooler and different air intake and have removed the AC compressor, and have dual muffler outlets, and a couple extra gauges inside, and I have a boat-load more miles on mine (so I guess it aint a dead ringer after all!!)
For $70,000, all I would be able to do is drool on this one, for fear of running it down the road and maybe puting another mile or two on it...and losing a dollar a mile on my investment return.

Definitely a beautiful car, but I think I'll just enjoy watching someone else pick it up with a huge smiling face for such a timeless classic. There will be a happy owner soon, I'm sure.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
WOW, looks just exactly like my '87....well, except mine's white, but otherwise a dead ringer. Oh, but I'm running a larger intercooler and different air intake and have removed the AC compressor, and have dual muffler outlets, and a couple extra gauges inside, and I have a boat-load more miles on mine (so I guess it aint a dead ringer after all!!)
For $70,000, all I would be able to do is drool on this one, for fear of running it down the road and maybe puting another mile or two on it...and losing a dollar a mile on my investment return.

Definitely a beautiful car, but I think I'll just enjoy watching someone else pick it up with a huge smiling face for such a timeless classic. There will be a happy owner soon, I'm sure.
I was thinking the same thing.

I would never have the courage to drive it.

In fact I would probably put it in my basement.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Yeah, the yellow car is a stunner, to be sure!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-27-2008, 02:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
yellow cars very hot ! my buddy has a carrera that color and I thought that was bad but in a turbo body, man........ what does porsche call that color, just yellow?
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 11-27-2008, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

That yellow car is a horrible color..you guys actually like it? LOL...great condition, but I cannot get past that color, it should be a promo car for:

plus there is no way that the seller will get $70K for that car.

Yasin
Old 11-27-2008, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

h20cooled7. This 1979 930 was special orderded in a yellow from Porsche . On the window sticker it just says "color to sample" and 173 on ID plate if that will help. It now has 38,000 miles so no garage queen here. Very few were orderded yellow in the early 930 years. The fellow who special orderded it ( Chicago guy ) who waited over 6 months, got impatient, and took delivery of a red one instead. He saw it a few years ago, at a concourse and track event ( No DE anymore but it goes on the track sometimes for touring and as a PCA pace car ) and after recognizing it tried to get it back. PCNA ultimately sent it to Texas after finally getting shipped from Porsche AG and was sold when new to a Doc in San Antonio. See photo next post.

Last edited by voitureltd; 11-28-2008 at 11:19 AM..
Old 11-27-2008, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20cooled7 View Post
yellow cars very hot ! my buddy has a carrera that color and I thought that was bad but in a turbo body, man........ what does porsche call that color, just yellow?
Like this?? The color code on my cars ID plate says #173.

Last edited by voitureltd; 11-28-2008 at 05:59 AM..
Old 11-27-2008, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
thanks for the feedback voit! ya its a tastless color but, very rare even on the carrera. its refreshing to see a different color other than the run of the mill red, black or white on a turbo. the yellow slantnose is pretty nice also!
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 11-27-2008, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

I've looked at the photo of the Ebay yellow car. My car may be different as it is more like Fly yellow than a lemon yellow. I've looked up Porsche colors available over the years and there were an amazing amount of color options available since the 50s. In any case $70K is optimistic. I sold a 79 930 into a Porsche museum not to long ago for less that still had the cellophane red dot on the brake pedal ( a subtle reminder of the recent power brake addition ) and similar decal on the magnetic clutch. These should be present if to be considered "perfect original" along with some original air in the original tires with the other yellow one on ebay for $69K. If the (1501 mile garage queen ) 79 seller really knew ( what is perfect original ) these items should be highlighted in the photos and description.

Last edited by voitureltd; 11-28-2008 at 07:35 AM..
Old 11-28-2008, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Oops forgot photos. For those concours inclined,here is a photo of the cellophane red dot on the 1979 brake pedal. In 79 there was a decal on the old style compressor magnetic clutch and a red dot on the oil filler. These were usually cleaned off or fell off due to heat in engine bay( like why the rubber on the intercooler is separating and deformed like on the ones being discussed now on ebay). On later US built years it was changed to metal on the magnetic clutch so is usually still there. So bottom line, are they nice cars? Looks like it, perfect original survivor, seem a few thing not right, worth $70K ?? we may soon find out.

Last edited by voitureltd; 11-28-2008 at 11:32 AM..
Old 11-28-2008, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
That yellow car is a horrible color..you guys actually like it? LOL...great condition, but I cannot get past that color, it should be a promo car for:

plus there is no way that the seller will get $70K for that car.

Yasin
Wait a minute Yasin...I never said I "liked" it; just that it is a beautiful car. I would agree that yellow is definitely polarizing for many and has always been on the bottom of my list for car colors, but the yellow/black contrast is pretty striking. Now, yellow in something like an early 70's 'Cuda would be appropriate. But I must confess to owning a yellow (officially chrome yellow) Harely Fatboy. It was the bike I was after and a deal I couldn't pass up, but a yellow Harley?....YUCK! Well, it grows on you...and I actually get a lot of comments while people stick their fingers down their throats.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

You buy a car like the yellow car based on condition, not color. It is all about being mint for the concours crowd.

I like how clean the car is.

That is only a collector car at this point, not priced for the EBAY bidders.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Around mid year in '79 all the 930 turbos had 85 mph speedos. Another change was they started haveing the adjustable headlight bezels (the little rubber black dots on the top and side of the headlight ring). Alot of people changed these speedometers back to the 150 when they took delivery of the cars.

I purchased my paint to sample "Blood Orange" '79 930 with 2400 original miles about 5 years ago. It is nice to see a car exactly how it was when it left the factory. Last year I tried to buy a '79 red/black, last 50 made, sunroof delete with less than 200 miles.

Sloane
1979 930
1989 930S cab
2005 CGT
Old 11-29-2008, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

In all fairness I was skeptical in my earlier posts about this 1979 with 1501 miles. I have since received current large detailed photos now that it is washed / fresh serviced and it is pretty impressive. Even has had the original tires/rims set aside for future concours. Jay71, The red one you refer to may be the same one I spoke with you about last year. Mr Jim J still is not certain he will part with it at any reasonable price. I mentioned its unusually factory fresh condition/production number earlier on this post. Also I concur about the speedo, as I have had a few 1979s that if not in the dash it was in the trunk for mileage verification. A nice touch,sort of like getting the original window sticker in the glove box and says something about the previous owner(s).

Last edited by voitureltd; 11-30-2008 at 10:55 AM..
Old 11-29-2008, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Boost Freak

Garage
Talking

Very, very nice, but the Dunlops are out of place, aren't they?
Old 12-02-2008, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

$52300 and reserve still not met with a hour yet to go. I guess the economy is still not to bad for some. Still cheap compared to what some others want for their "garage queen " 930s. With the stock market nearly half and real estate in some areas not far behind this is a pretty formidable price for today.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-04-2008 at 05:38 PM..
Old 12-04-2008, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: