Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
How much air pressure did you test before it opened? At 1 bar it should open at only 14.5 psi or so?
You can also try measuring how much force it takes to open it by installing the wastegate on a bathroom scale with a large 1 inch socket inserted into the hole in the housing and pushing on the wastegate valve. This socket actually is what rests on the bathroom scale and allows you to put force directly onto the valve face. Then put the hole thing in a drill press and use the head of the chuck to push down on the top of the wastegate casting and see what force reads on the scale when it starts to crack open. Of course you need to subtract the weight of the assembly on the scale with no load from that number.
Going from memory when I did this for a 1bar spring, I think I saw between 98-115 pounds.
Not sure how accurate my cheapo scales were either.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 12-11-2008, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
I know that it is a 1 bar spring my ? is does it sound like I put it together right?
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 12-11-2008, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: