Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
Plus.....
Sunderwunsch Slantnoses
1981 1
1982 38
1983 35
1984 34
1985 44
1986 52
1987 33
may i ask a question? : if the Porsche Exclusive program was in effect in 1986, why would there still be Sunderwunsch slopenose cars made in 1986-1987? were those cars different for other reasons other than the slopenose package?

also, from what the article stated, the basis for the package was the " Turbo Look " m491 package. that means you could have a factory, non turbo slopenose back then. i would imagine most of the customers wanted the real Turbo.

are there any numbers published on the slopenose Turbo look factory cars? i have the Porsche Turbo look numbers ( M491) and the above scan that shows the 930 turbo slopenose ( m505 /m506) cars, but what about FACTORY, non turbo slopenose numbers????

has there been anything published on the Porsche Exclusive production codes, or how many cars they made under that specific program?

i find this whole era, and the programs fascinating. the real 930 and Turbo Look slopenose cars built under these programs, are truly special ! the thought of having such a well made, custom built cars is amazing. Ferrari and Lamborghini never had anything close to this.

Thank You.

Last edited by THECARREAPER; 01-31-2010 at 06:14 AM..
Old 01-31-2010, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #241 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECARREAPER View Post
may i ask a question? : if the Porsche Exclusive program was in effect in 1986, why would there still be Sunderwunsch slopenose cars made in 1986-1987? were those cars different for other reasons other than the slopenose package?
You are correct. The program existed for customers with deep pockets to order anything that wasn't offered as a production option. The slopenose are just the most notable of those features. Custom colors, interior customization, motors were just some of the areas of customizing at Werke I Facility.

also, from what the article stated, the basis for the package was the " Turbo Look " m491 package. that means you could have a factory, non turbo slopenose back then. i would imagine most of the customers wanted the real Turbo.

I have heard of those vehicles, but never seen one up close to verify its authenticity.

are there any numbers published on the slopenose Turbo look factory cars? i have the Porsche Turbo look numbers ( M491) and the above scan that shows the 930 turbo slopenose ( m505 /m506) cars, but what about FACTORY, non turbo slopenose numbers????

My understanding is that if there were Slantnose Carreras they would have been included in the total slantnose numbers shown above since those numbers represent the total number of conversions done by the Exclusive Programme. I also believe that there were no M505/M506 turbo-look Carreras since the slantnose option was only available for 930's. The slantnose Carreras would have to have gone through the Exclusive Programme as a special order (no option code).

has there been anything published on the Porsche Exclusive production codes, or how many cars they made under that specific program?
Well, this is where things get really nasty. As I stated earlier, these features ordered by the customer and implemented by the Exclusive Programme where items NOT on the factory order sheets. So, no option codes existed at the time. So all the customer had was the Exclusive Programme order sheet, which was often nothing more than a typed order describing the mods and samples if necessary, and the factory then determined if they wanted to take on the project. The only way of verifying the cars of this era, outside of the order form, is to look at the parts and note the special stampings the factory put on them.

i find this whole era, and the programs fascinating. the real 930 and Turbo Look slopenose cars built under these programs, are truly special ! the thought of having such a well made, custom built cars is amazing. Ferrari and Lamborghini never had anything close to this.

Me too. These cars are like finding ancient documents of bygone era. The more you dig, the more you realize how special they are.

Thank You.
I responded in BLUE above.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 01-31-2010 at 06:58 AM..
Old 01-31-2010, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #242 (permalink)

Thank you so much for that reply, that was wonderful !
Old 01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #243 (permalink)

Garage
Don't forget the one off 1989 slope nose owned by Robert Linton. This car had more options than any factory car built to date. IIRC he said it took 54 cow hides to complete the interior, including the leather faced and silk screened gauges and every square inch of everything else covered in leather. Not to mention the custom Stereo and rain sensor that raised the roof automatically upon detection of any rain.

I believe he said with the magnesium boost knob Hp could be safely raised to over 500 hp from the factory and it had a 6 speed tranny using many 959 parts. Has to be one of the nicest Porsche's ever made.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #244 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Anthony,
Did you get the PM I sent to you last month?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 02-01-2010, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #245 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Anthony,
Did you get the PM I sent to you last month?
I did now that you brought it to my attention.

Sorry I didn't realize it was there.

I don't have any direct contact info. Although I will be speaking to someone who might be able to get me that info this Friday. If I can i will pass it along although they are rather tight lipped about giving out contact info.

I will let you know next week.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #246 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Anthony,
PM sent. Thank you.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Don't forget the one off 1989 slope nose owned by Robert Linton. This car had more options than any factory car built to date. IIRC he said it took 54 cow hides to complete the interior, including the leather faced and silk screened gauges and every square inch of everything else covered in leather. Not to mention the custom Stereo and rain sensor that raised the roof automatically upon detection of any rain.

I believe he said with the magnesium boost knob Hp could be safely raised to over 500 hp from the factory and it had a 6 speed tranny using many 959 parts. Has to be one of the nicest Porsche's ever made.
amazing, and to think my TurboLook slope cab looks just like it, from the outside!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #248 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

got any picts of the inside?kinda curious about all the leather.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #249 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat cab View Post
got any picts of the inside?kinda curious about all the leather.
Unfortunately no. I was there to see his one off 964 America GS aka Humpty Dumpty. Probably the most beautiful color i have ever seen on a car but he was hesitant to let me take any pictures at all.

It is a sight for sure. Although the stereo is quite outdated by now the craftsmanship is second to none. Even the flap for the gas filler and key pouches are made of leather with embossed Porsche Crest.

You can see more about both cars in this book.

Although some of the info regarding both cars is inaccurate the pictures are amazing as are the cars.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #250 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:

There is a writeup on the car in Henry Rassmussen, "Porsche- Six Cylinder Supercars". At least, it sounds like the same car.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #251 (permalink)
DP935 member

Dave, that is the same car in the book.

I need to dig out that book and read it again. Great read.

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #252 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Ge-e-e-ez, I love that Black Pearl paint on that car. Wonder how much that costs a gallon!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #253 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Ge-e-e-ez, I love that Black Pearl paint on that car. Wonder how much that costs a gallon!
If you think the paint on that one was nice the BMW M6 he has was painted entirely in Cellulose lacquer. My 74 RS clone was done in cellulose lacquer. The most amazing and fragile paint you could imagine. Any defect showed up easily but the depth was unreal.

Th green is a pearlescent pint made specifically for the America GS. I love my cobalt blue but in real life this color is amazing and has to be one of the nicest I have seen on any car. It was modeled after the Porsche Americana prototype. Apparently the issue is it cannot be duplicated even by BASF who supplied the original paint.

BTW the underside of the engine lid on the M6 shines better than most cars top side.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #254 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Anthony,
PM's sent. Thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #255 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj911 View Post
Believe this is another one of those early factory slopenoses. There are 2 running around Singapore.

Raj originally posted the following photographs of the black 'sister' car to the one above:

The black car has now re-appeared in 'puke yellow' at a local dealer in Singapore (ps - don't scare yourself with the price):

Used Porsche 911 Turbo Car for Sale in Singapore, Eurospeed Auto - sgCarMart

Have had the 'yellow' car checked out and yes indeed it is an original 82 factory 'flatnose' "Z-Order" (Z stands for Zusatzauftrag, normally reserved for special wishes) and was originally delivered in Silver (Zinn metallic) as per it's sister (above), spec as follows:
  • Chassis no: WPOOZZZ93ZCS000936
  • Engine no: 67C0980 (chassis and engine matching numbers... type 930771 coupe)
  • Country spec: C26 Singapore
  • Exterior colour u3: Zinn metallic
  • Carpet colour 1VD: champagne
country specs (c) and "special wishes" (F) options (besides flat nose conversion) include:
  • 058: impact absorbers, front and rear (F)
  • 197: stronger battery (F)
  • 220: locking differential 40% (F)
  • 261: door mirror - flat - passenger's side, electrically adjustable and heatable (F)
  • 483: differing engine parts for RHD (C)
  • 492: headlamps for left-hand traffic (C)
  • 559: air conditioner (F)
  • 576: no fog tail lamp (C)
  • 577: windscreen tinted green (F)
  • 592: brake fluid level indicator (C)
  • 650: electrical sliding roof (F)
In the great Singaporean tradition the 'yellow' car has been progressively 'updated' with a 993/964 interior, dash, mirrors and brake calipers, Ruf wheels and a 'very nasty' respray (in yellow) that looks like it was undertaken by my 11 year old - no wonder the car has been sitting there for months.

Apparently the 'sister' silver car has been recently restored at another garage so I will need to track that one down for a look see.

Martin

Last edited by martin_gibson; 02-14-2010 at 07:05 PM..
Old 02-12-2010, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #256 (permalink)
ibanezjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_gibson View Post
Raj originally posted the following photographs of the black 'sister' car to the one above:

The black car has now re-appeared in 'puke yellow' at a local dealer in Singapore (ps - don't scare yourself with the price):

Used Porsche 911 Turbo Car for Sale in Singapore, Eurospeed Auto - sgCarMart

Have had the 'yellow' car checked out and yes indeed it is an original 82 factory 'flatnose' "Z-Order" (Z stands for Zusatzauftrag, normally reserved for special wishes) and was originally delivered in Silver (Zinn metallic) as per it's sister (above), spec as follows:
  • Chassis no: WPOOZZZ93ZCS000936
  • Engine no: 67C0980 (chassis and engine matching numbers... type 930771 coupe)
  • Country spec: C26 Singapore
  • Exterior colour u3: Zinn metallic
  • Carpet colour 1VD: champagne
country specs (c) and "special wishes" (F) options (besides flat nose conversion) include:

058: impact absorbers, front and rear (F)
197: stronger battery (F)
220: locking differential 40% (F)
261: door mirror - flat - passenger's side, electrically adjustable and heatable (F)
483: differing engine parts for RHD (C)
492: headlamps for left-hand traffic (C)
559: air conditioner (F)
576: no fog tail lamp (C)
577: windscreen tinted green (F)
592: brake fluid level indicator (C)
650: electrical sliding roof (F)

In the great Singaporean tradition the 'yellow' car has been progressively 'updated' with a 993/964 interior, dash, mirrors and brake calipers, Ruf wheels and a 'very nasty' respray (in yellow) that looks like it was undertaken by my 11 year old - no wonder the car has been sitting there for months.

Apparently the 'sister' silver car has been recently restored at another garage so I will need to track that one down for a look see.

Martin
Hello

Very very interresting!!

I'm French and i want to know if you can have some informations about my car:

My VIN is WP0ZZZ93ZCS000224 and is not far than the one of the yellow car!

One picture of my car:

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #257 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezjs View Post
Hello

Very very interresting!!

I'm French and i want to know if you can have some informations about my car:

My VIN is WP0ZZZ93ZCS000224 and is not far than the one of the yellow car!

One picture of my car:

Hi,

A beautiful car you have there, it would certainly be interesting to know how many of these early 'flat-nose' non-headlight cars were actually built?

Unfortunately I only have the data on the 'yellow' Singaporean car, however I would certainly be interested to know more about the history/spec of your own car and if possible some more photographs (interior / engine / boot etc) would be very welcome.

PS - is your car equipped with a front oil cooler?

Thx

Martin
Old 02-13-2010, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #258 (permalink)
ibanezjs

No i have no central oil cooler

Some other pictures:

Old 02-13-2010, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #259 (permalink)
ibanezjs

Others cars

Old 02-13-2010, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #260 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: