Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YermanCars View Post
Sorry, but that BS, fake for sure! Just read the signature:

Dr. Tng Porschr, what's an Tngineer?

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 04-15-2015, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1001 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to KNIGHTRACE
The car is a factory 930S that went to RUF for 5 speed 930 trans and other mods, I myself at first thought the car was a fake, I was proven wrong. William Knight
Old 04-15-2015, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1002 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTRACE View Post
The car is a factory 930S that went to RUF for 5 speed 930 trans and other mods, I myself at first thought the car was a fake, I was proven wrong. William Knight
I was talking about the document, not the car. Document is fake for sure. Too many errors by not german speaking writer.

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 04-16-2015, 03:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1003 (permalink)

Old 04-16-2015, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1004 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Good news for Sonderwunsch Owners

I have received word from Porsche Germany that records have been retrieved from the repair facility at Werk I that will be shared with PCNA regarding the builds for the Sonderwunsch Programme. At the moment, the records are being "filmed"....so it is a work in progress. Hopefully, this means the Sonderwunsch builds, with their respective options, will show up in the COA's the PCNA offers.
This effort is, in part, the current ongoing efforts Porsche has developed for their Classics Program.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 04-17-2015, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1005 (permalink)

1984 Special Wishes Turbo

I have my 1984 Factory Slant Nose coupe at the body shop for a repaint of the engine lid and several people have expressed interest in purchasing. The car has been in extended storage for a few years in anticipation of an engine rebuild and thorough detailing to concours condition. Never seem to find the time to get going and am tempted to find a new owner who shares my enthusiasm for the genuine Zuffenhausen flachbau cars. Black/black 78K mile sunroof coupe with all the correct options including Special Wishes interior appointments such as burl wood dash and special console.

A nice ROW 1984 Turbo coupe would be easier to quantify in today's strong market but being a genuine factory slant complicates any evaluation. Comments from the slant nose community are invited to suggest an approximate difference between a straight Turbo coupe from the period vs the cars transformed by Werke1.

Took several photos when at the body shop as requested by my insurance carrier:

Better pictures will be taken after the engine lid is back on.

email: bluebox88@yahoo(dot)com

-

Last edited by bluebox88; 04-28-2015 at 06:13 PM..
Old 04-27-2015, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1006 (permalink)

Examples of Werke1 Sonderwunsche Modifications

Am in the process of documenting some of the factory alterations on my Special Wishes Turbo for a prospective purchaser in Europe. Thought I would post some reference photos for the Slant Nose fans on Pelican.

================================================== ============

Left side jack extension welded to body under the sill (boxed rockers). Multi-piece steel and includes a vertical support:

Old 05-14-2015, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1007 (permalink)

================================================== ==============

Right side jack extension (bent metal courtesy of idiot allowed to operate garage lift):

-
Old 05-14-2015, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1008 (permalink)

Washer fluid container mounted forward of left front wheel well:

Bracket/ hold-down for Bilstein jack relocated right side trunk:

-
Old 05-14-2015, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1009 (permalink)

Single center mounted headlamp motor with rubber cover and fiberglass shroud:

Operating rod behind fiberglass shroud:

Note oil lines exiting trunk to front cooler behind valance:

================================================== ============

Oil lines enter trunk behind the head lamp tilting mechanism on right side:

-
Old 05-14-2015, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1010 (permalink)

Garage
Does anyone know if the outer (bottom half) part of the boxed rockers the same as the rockers on a narrow bodied 911?

My thinking is that Porsche did not have 3 different types of rockers - narrow body, turbo body and slant nose. Porsche was always more efficient with their parts - using different parts from different models to achieve their goal. Such as 944 headlight buckets and motor for the slantnose, etc....

So if your rocker gets damaged - can you use one from a narrow body to replace it?

Thanks
08 GT3 RS (white/black) (modified of course)
67 911S
Old 05-19-2015, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1011 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm930 View Post
Does anyone know if the outer (bottom half) part of the boxed rockers the same as the rockers on a narrow bodied 911?

So if your rocker gets damaged - can you use one from a narrow body to replace it?

Thanks

That is correct. The outer rocker used on the boxed rocker is that of the mid-year 911 (74 - 77).
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 05-19-2015, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1012 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
I have received word from Porsche Germany that records have been retrieved from the repair facility at Werk I that will be shared with PCNA regarding the builds for the Sonderwunsch Programme. At the moment, the records are being "filmed"....so it is a work in progress. Hopefully, this means the Sonderwunsch builds, with their respective options, will show up in the COA's the PCNA offers.
This effort is, in part, the current ongoing efforts Porsche has developed for their Classics Program.
Those are some documents that I would enjoy reading....

Updates on my 930 cab,

Still waiting for the guys at StallTech to make room for me, at least in the process of waiting...I have found someone to appraise the vehicle so at least I can insure it for transport.

Some more fun pictures that I have dug up at Moms....

Taken during the European Delivery trip in Ireland, That's Mom in the background

Nice picture of Dad during a photo shoot for Medical Economics

Sitting in the garage....I love the Harley Drag bike alongside

Andrew
Old 05-23-2015, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1013 (permalink)

Werk1: "I have received word from Porsche Germany that records have been retrieved from the repair facility at Werk I that will be shared with PCNA regarding the builds for the Sonderwunsch Programme. At the moment, the records are being "filmed"....so it is a work in progress. Hopefully, this means the Sonderwunsch builds, with their respective options, will show up in the COA's the PCNA offers.
This effort is, in part, the current ongoing efforts Porsche has developed for their Classics Program."

Did your contact indicate any kind of timing on when these records would be shared with PCNA? Did this information come from the Archive at Porsche?
Old 05-28-2015, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1014 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
^^^^ I sent an email out to the gentleman at Porsche for an update. I'll post immediately after I get a reply. You could call Porsche Cars of North America (PCNA) and state your case that you believe you have a Sonderwunsch Programme vehicle and wish to have it authenticated with your VIN on a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity (COA). They will be able to tell you if the information is available yet. (1-800-PORSCHE)

Honestly, I do not know if the information came from the Archives or not. We're dealing with information that was gathered from whatever method was used in the 1980's.....not exactly the Golden Era of database technology. As I stated earlier, this is in part, Porsche's effort to expand on their Classic's Marketing Program.

I am not on a first name basis with this gentleman and I would like to keep my interference at a minimum. I think what Porsche has done with their Classic Parts program is encouraging and hope they expand on it even further.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 05-31-2015, 04:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1015 (permalink)

I recently bought an '88 slant conversion and it has very nice one piece steel fenders along with the 944 headlight mechanism. Do you guys know if anyone ever made one piece aftermarket steel fenders? The PO said he bought the fenders, headlight mechanism and bumper all together. He had to get an aftermarket air dam. It is so nicely done I'm wondering if they came off a wrecked factory slant? The air dam fit is not perfect but that seems to be the norm. The car has steel boxed rockers but does not have the rear flare vents so it is somewhat unique but I like the look. This is going to be a hot rod, I have no preconceived notions of it appreciating into the stratosphere so I am going to mod it to my hearts desire. I will put up some pics when I get home later.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1016 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted79 View Post
I recently bought an '88 slant conversion and it has very nice one piece steel fenders along with the 944 headlight mechanism. Do you guys know if anyone ever made one piece aftermarket steel fenders? The PO said he bought the fenders, headlight mechanism and bumper all together. He had to get an aftermarket air dam. It is so nicely done I'm wondering if they came off a wrecked factory slant?
The later fenders were one piece as you describe and could very well be factory units as sold by Alan Johnson racing in the 80's and 90's.
They were a factory authorized Porsche dealer, and for whatever reason had the exclusive right to sell and/or install the Special Wishes parts. The few other dealers that may have sold the parts ordered them from AJR.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1017 (permalink)

Thanks, that's good to know. Here are a couple shots of it.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1018 (permalink)

Garage
I just got through cleaning out a chipmunk nest in my slant that I bought in November. Car is beyond immaculate. All stickers in place in trunk, toolkit never opened with the original bags present, not 1 bolt ever turned under-hood. One thing I need to get is the piece of carpet that was under the jack. I ordered a new carpet kit (the one that came with my car was too smelly from the chipmunk nest) but need the small piece that was under the jack. Car is a real time capsule:

Last edited by bmwtmx; 06-02-2015 at 07:20 AM..
Old 06-02-2015, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1019 (permalink)

Thumbs up Thinking of selling my slantnose...

Hi guys,

Thinking of selling my slantnose. Market has been crazy for seller and time to sell. How much should I ask ?

1988 Porsche 911 turbo factory M505 slantnose
37xxx miles
No accident
Car has a clean carfax
COA

Thanks
DOHC
Old 06-16-2015, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1020 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: