Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Beautiful car dohc. For reference I just insured my '88 non slant for $130K. I have about 25,000 more miles than you but that aside my car is concours level which yours seems capable of passing for.

I gotta think the slant adds another 10-15%. Throw some extra for the lower mileage. The latest Hagerty valuation had '88s in Condition 2 (second highest of the four) at about $140K which is what I rate mine as for insurance purposes. The Condition 1 cars (these would be at Pebble Beach) were valued closer to $200K.

But these valuations did not include the 505 part.

Just ballpark, but if your car was my car, I would not sell it for a penny under $165,000 -- you have to assume it will be worth more in 12 months than it is now too -- so factor that loss of valuation in when parting with the car. Its just like a loss of income. If you're not desperate to blow the wad on hookers and blow, you can afford to wait for your price -- and that wait will probably be rewarded since its a seller's market and there are only so many 930s to appease the demand.

Obviously there are some dealers out there throwing even higher asking numbers on 930s right now. Some may be getting them and some may just be fishing. All depends on how fast you need to sell. I suspect some are getting their number and some arent at those top-end prices. It only takes one person that really wants the car to make a deal happen. Then there are others selling for closer to $100K that look like pretty good deals. I think that's where the overall market is: all over the map. You throw out the high and the low and the Hagerty valuation is probably not a far-off average.

Last edited by UDPride; 06-16-2015 at 02:51 PM..
Old 06-16-2015, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1021 (permalink)

Ok thanks UDPride for your feedback I know asked prices on Ebay are higher but I doubt these are selling prices...I'd like to sell my car at a good price but not want to give it away or scare the market...

Thanks dohc
Old 06-17-2015, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1022 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
dohc,
You might want to try the Marketplace Discussion Forum. There's a link there that has been frequented by buyers and sellers alike. They may be able to give you what you're looking for. This thread on the slants has more technical and historical-type followers than sellers.
Here's the thread;

Recent Sales-930's and the like
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 06-17-2015, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1023 (permalink)

Garage
slant

my ex us slant after 2nd delivery from werk 1. here lobby v8 hotel, boeblingen
Old 06-21-2015, 01:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1024 (permalink)

Garage
wrong pic

Old 06-21-2015, 01:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1025 (permalink)

Garage
Velocity has had this car for sale forever. 32k miles and pristine for $159k.

1987 Slantnose
Old 06-26-2015, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1026 (permalink)

Garage
my is a 1983 werk 1 build. had 2nd delivery from hahn sportwagen. ex us airforce man had it for 30 years
Old 06-30-2015, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1027 (permalink)

Hahn Sportwagen Stuttgart

Hahn Sportwagen in Stuttgart was very active back in the Eighties with ordering vehicles through the Special Wishes Program. They specified all the Sonderwunsche vehicles for Scottsdale Porsche back in the day and supervised the building and completion of my 930 SE Flachbau in 1986:

https://porschebahn.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/1986-porsche-slant-nose-turbo-with-only-2500-miles/

Old 07-04-2015, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1028 (permalink)

1984 Factory Slant on Ebay

I have listed my 1984 Special Wishes Slant Nose Turbo on Ebay. I have several parties who have expressed interest but have yet to pull the trigger on a purchase. The real deal and realistically priced.
Pelicans feel free to contact me at my direct email: bluebox88@yahoo(dot)com

LINK:Porsche 930 Slant Nose Turbo Coupe | eBay
_
Old 07-04-2015, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1029 (permalink)

Emerging from a long rest....Off to Staltech to be "revived"

Andrew
Old 07-05-2015, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1030 (permalink)

I ran across this on the web, thought it interesting and don't believe this car has been added nor discussed here... Apparently this car is reported to be the last "G" body Slantnose produced by the Special Whishes Dept which had by then evolved to be Porsche Exclusive.

“The last Flachbau” produced was this Porsche Exclusive 'slant-nose' cabriolet delivered to the owner in April 1990

"This 911 Turbo Cabriolet was equipped with a rain sensor. In case of rain, the open roof closed itself automatically and the owner got notified by a remote control. The opening mechanism of the cabriolet top (left & right sides) were modified in order to fit in the speakers of the 1000 Watt Custom Built Stereo system

" The Speedometer face and the faces of all of the other gauges are covered in leather and the numbers and words were hand silk screened. The Speedometer reads up to 220 mph and features an LED boost pressure display with a digital clock.

"Leather interior parts, a specialty of Porsche Exclusive, were almost everywhere. In total, more than 300 individual pieces were covered in leather. The car was furthermore ahead of its time with its six-speed manual transmission and a factory equipped limited slip differential."

"The car's tools were kept in hand-sewn leather wallets."

"The engineers at Porsche did everything possible for the Turbo engine with Motronic system - special camshafts, pistons, larger intercooler, different exhaust system, etc. The modifications resulted in an engine power of more than 460bhp (at low turbo boost). The turbo boost could be controlled by the driver with an adjustable boost control in the center console."

RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 07-06-2015, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1031 (permalink)
DP935 member

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been posting too much lately on here. I finally finished my masters in Engineering Technology Management degree in May.

I have been checking in on here put not posting because school was keeping me really busy. I have also been working on my factory slantnose book and always looking for more information.

I have had a few phone calls from guys buying factory slantnose cars and you know who are are. It is great to hear from you.

I have a pair of factory slantnose front fenders that are used and going to sell. I will post here for a couple of days before I post in the main parts forum.

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/

Last edited by kycarguy 935; 07-10-2015 at 03:53 PM..
Old 07-10-2015, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1032 (permalink)
DP935 member

Porsche Crest

Pair of used Porsche Factory Slantnose Fenders up for sell. M505 930S

Selling 1 pair of used Porsche Factory Slantnose front fenders. These are just the fenders as you see them.

The drivers side fender is in good shape although not perfect. It has a few little dings and scratches. Comes with gas lid.

The passenger side needs some work. The outer flared area has 2 splits where is must have been pulled some. Needs some hammer and dolly work and welded. It also has a rust area in a non typical spot about 2” x 3” that will need to be cut out and patched. It has a couple other areas that need to be metal finished or filler used. I prefer metal finishing myself.

These factory slant fenders have always been really hard to find used and nearly impossible now. Here is a great opportunity to own a pair for a reasonable price. Aftermarket fenders usually sell for more.

The last time I checked on a price new from Porsche they were $5,500.00 for the passenger side and $5,700.00 for the driver’s side.

$2,450 plus shipping from Kentucky. Can use Greyhound to save money on shipping.

Please send a message for any other questions.

Thank you, Quinn.

Drivers side:

Drivers side:

Passenger side:

Passenger side:

Old 07-10-2015, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1033 (permalink)
DP935 member

Porsche Crest

During my research of the factory 1989 930S cabriolet slant I have over 35 cars now in my database. I guess it makes this document more credible and the "1 of 28" not credible. Just thought I would share this. If you know of one please let me know about it.

Still looking for any information you would like to share on any of the 1987, 1988 and 1989 930S M505 slantnose cars.

Thanks guys, Quinn

Old 07-10-2015, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1034 (permalink)

Garage
Sonderwunsche dreams

Some sonderwunsch items you could order like wallet maps with small brass Porsche logo, very unique like the cars...
Old 07-12-2015, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1035 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
I ran across this on the web, thought it interesting and don't believe this car has been added nor discussed here... Apparently this car is reported to be the last "G" body Slantnose produced by the Special Whishes Dept which had by then evolved to be Porsche Exclusive.

“The last Flachbau” produced was this Porsche Exclusive 'slant-nose' cabriolet delivered to the owner in April 1990

"This 911 Turbo Cabriolet was equipped with a rain sensor. In case of rain, the open roof closed itself automatically and the owner got notified by a remote control. The opening mechanism of the cabriolet top (left & right sides) were modified in order to fit in the speakers of the 1000 Watt Custom Built Stereo system

" The Speedometer face and the faces of all of the other gauges are covered in leather and the numbers and words were hand silk screened. The Speedometer reads up to 220 mph and features an LED boost pressure display with a digital clock.

"Leather interior parts, a specialty of Porsche Exclusive, were almost everywhere. In total, more than 300 individual pieces were covered in leather. The car was furthermore ahead of its time with its six-speed manual transmission and a factory equipped limited slip differential."

"The engineers at Porsche did everything possible for the Turbo engine with Motronic system - special camshafts, pistons, larger intercooler, different exhaust system, etc. The modifications resulted in an engine power of more than 460bhp (at low turbo boost). The turbo boost could be controlled by the driver with an adjustable boost control in the center console."

]
How would one verify if the car was indeed the "Last" one made? Or when it really occurred in the lineup? My curiousity is peaked because I remember my Dad (the former owner of my Slantnose) telling me that it was "the second to the last Slantnose made".

Dad knew obscure facts like that and was often right....then again, he could tell some pretty good whoppers too

Mine has successfully changed locations and is sitting with a slightly better class of companions.

Andrew
Old 07-12-2015, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1036 (permalink)
DP935 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight View Post
How would one verify if the car was indeed the "Last" one made? Or when it really occurred in the lineup? My curiousity is peaked because I remember my Dad (the former owner of my Slantnose) telling me that it was "the second to the last Slantnose made".

Dad knew obscure facts like that and was often right....then again, he could tell some pretty good whoppers too

Mine has successfully changed locations and is sitting with a slightly better class of companions.

Andrew
Andrew, if you will pm me and give me some information on your car I can probably verify. I have many factory 930S slantnose cars in my database.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1037 (permalink)

Quote:

Andrew

Andrew,

Your car is definitely hanging out in good company at this point!

I think the easiest way to start would be with the serial number of the car (something that I don't have) and cross reference with factory build data, Certificate of Authenticity, and/or Kardex.

The car as noted was delivered in April 1990, clearly production of "G" model bodies was over by then. So one question would be; what's the production date?
- what is the production date of your car?

Also, there are some unique features about this car, such as the 6 speed trans and the 964 style gauges.
But then again, the car was built by Porsche Exclusive during a time when you could get pretty much whatever you were willing to pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycarguy 935 View Post
Andrew, if you will pm me and give me some information on your car I can probably verify. I have many factory 930S slantnose cars in my database.
kycarguy 935. will this database of yours be shared with the forum at some point?

Thx
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 07-12-2015 at 12:34 PM..
Old 07-12-2015, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1038 (permalink)

[QUOTE=kycarguy 935;8705356]During my research of the factory 1989 930S cabriolet slant I have over 35 cars now in my database. I guess it makes this document more credible and the "1 of 28" not credible. Just thought I would share this. If you know of one please let me know about it.

Still looking for any information you would like to share on any of the 1987, 1988 and 1989 930S M505 slantnose cars.

Thanks guys, Quinn

My understanding was always 75 total 89 SN cabs. 28 for US delivery and 47 ROW. Is that still accurate? My US 89 in photo.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1039 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
During my research of the factory 1989 930S cabriolet slant I have over 35 cars now in my database. I guess it makes this document more credible and the "1 of 28" not credible. Just thought I would share this. If you know of one please let me know about it.

Thanks guys, Quinn

I would warn you I have a number of official PCNA documents from this era filled with misinformation. When Adrian Streather wrote his book on the 964's I supplied him with some info like this and he had information from Porsche Ag showing it was incorrect. Not saying this is just take it with a grain of salt as they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post

Quote:

Thanks guys, Quinn
Quote:

[/URL]

Andrew
As many of you know this is Robert Linton's car he also owns the one off America GS and some nice BMW's all of which have no miles so to speak. If you hear him tell the story it is definitely the last delivered in 1990 and took years to complete including nearly a year for a 6 man team from Alpine to design and install all the electronics in this thing. IIRC it had 36 pages of options and started off as a simple special wishes project that escalated into this beast.

I have a bunch of pictures someplace of the cars in their storage facility here in Jersey but can't locate them right now really is a marvel although I still don't like the BBS's even though it came that way from the factory.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1040 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: