Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrystowski View Post
Congrats that is fantastic! How/what did you do to request the special-wishes certification? I have an 86 Euro that appears to be a slant-nose delete and would really find out if its real or not. I know who imported it and converted it to US specs in 1986 but that's it.
I think the term "slant-nose delete" is a bit of a misnomer and it muddies the water a bit. The slantnose was an option, first through the special-wishes program, and later as option 505 for US cars and 506 for Euro cars.. Thus how could it be a delete. Cars were simply ordered through special wishes with the other attributes of the slantnose, i.e. boxed rockers and rear vents. Assumption being these are the items your cars has.. minus slant frond fenders.

Should be interesting to see how these certifications turn out as the record keeping for the special-wishes cars is well documented as spotty at best.

Good luck however!
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 08-15-2016, 11:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1101 (permalink)
DP935 member

Porsche Crest

For Sell hard to find 87-89 Factory 930S Slantnose Drivers Side Fender.

Really nice fender from a factory 930S slantnose. No Headlight. Comes as pictured.

All original with original undercoat and fender putty still attached.

$1,800 plus shipping or can pick up in Northeast Kentucky or Winchester/Lexington Kentucky.

Don't miss out on this one if you need one.

Buy a spare because when you need one you won't find one. Ask me how I know this

I also have a right side/Passenger factory slantnose fender with some headlight parts that needs work for $1,250

Will make a package deal.

Thanks for looking.

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/

Last edited by kycarguy 935; 08-17-2016 at 03:09 PM..
Old 08-17-2016, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1102 (permalink)
DP935 member

Porsche Crest

I also have a very hard to find factory slantnose headlight bar for sell with some parts attached. $525 plus shipping. Thanks.

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 08-17-2016, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1103 (permalink)

Any Slantnose owners?

Slantnose / Carbonfiber parts / HELP :)
Old 09-01-2016, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1104 (permalink)
So what are the production quantity differences and price differences for an '87 between the factory 505/506 option cars and let's say a VIN WP0JB0935HS051599 with its original window sticker showing the slant nose option? Basically I'm trying to distinguish between these two versions. Are the cars ordered with a slant nose wannabes of the others or are they considered equals?
Old 10-17-2016, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1105 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Check under the front bonnet. There should be a white sticker with the VIN and the coded options installed on the car. Both cars in question should show the 505 or 506 code right there.

The car with the dealer window sticker will be worth slightly more only because its another piece of documentation that adds provenance to the car. Both cars are worth more with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity stating the slantnose option.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-18-2016, 03:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1106 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
I must say looking at these cars now they are a thing of beauty...

They were certainly popular in their day and I find it extraordinary that so many journalists and Porsche fans turned their backs on these cars....

I think most people follow the crowd when it comes to fashion and criticism.
That is such a shame.

They remain as a bold statement of individuality....

I would certainly have one in my collection if funds permitted...
7 Years later and I still feel the same way.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
So what are the production quantity differences and price differences for an '87 between the factory 505/506 option cars and let's say a VIN WP0JB0935HS051599 with its original window sticker showing the slant nose option? Basically I'm trying to distinguish between these two versions. Are the cars ordered with a slant nose wannabes of the others or are they considered equals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
Check under the front bonnet. There should be a white sticker with the VIN and the coded options installed on the car. Both cars in question should show the 505 or 506 code right there.

The car with the dealer window sticker will be worth slightly more only because its another piece of documentation that adds provenance to the car. Both cars are worth more with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity stating the slantnose option.
There should be no difference between the two as either way, the slantnose was an option and should also show as such on the original window sticker. The option was roughly $26k if I recall correctly and I'm surprised that the sticker doesn't show the code.

As WERK I noted, the option code decal should be under the hood.. if not there then you should also check closely for paint work And get the Certificate of Authenticity as suggested.
RGruppe #180
Old 10-18-2016, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1108 (permalink)

That looks right.. surprised the sticker doesn't show option codes.

Have you checked for the square decal on the right side of the tub in the trunk, or underside of hood? Also, oil cooler should be in the right rear wheel well.

Any pictures of the actual car?
RGruppe #180
Old 10-19-2016, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1110 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
If the option code is not on the decal under the front bonnet, but shows on the dealer window sticker, it might be a dealer installed slantnose conversion. Call PCNA if in doubt.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-19-2016, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1111 (permalink)
So the red car I posted about above sold just prior to me pulling the trigger but I am now looking at another one, this 1982 chiffon special wishes and there seems to be some controversy surrounding it because the second owner said it's not a "factory" slant nose but it was done in Germany in 1982. Third owner is saying it is an authentic special wishes car and he has porsche COA to prove it. I haven't seen the car in person nor the COA. My thoughts are that there is a possibility that the second owner misunderstood the conversion history of the car and perhaps this is a car that went back to Sonderwunsch for the conversion. Second owner had the car since 1992 so maybe there wasn't the resources for him to research at that time. I have a few questions regarding Sonderwunsch. First off I would assume that a car that went back there for the conversion would require an almost complete repaint especially on a color like chiffon. Second are there any good tell tale signs at this point besides the central lamp motor? I've tried to read as much as I could on this thread but frankly I don't have enough time prior to my appointment to inspect this car. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way is porsche able to authenticate sonderwunsche cars? I'm curious to see the COA that he claims to have
Old 10-23-2016, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1112 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Nathan,
I certainly can not attest to the authenticity of the car without a hands-on-inspection of the slant, but there are some areas that visually raise some concerns.

1.) there are no jacking points on the side skirts. Porsche deliberately put jacking points on the slants that had extensions welded to the unibody which allowed the car to be jacked with the Porsche jack. Plastic plugs were in the side skirts. Also, side skirts were made of stamped aluminum.

2.) If I recall correctly, the 1982 Sonderwunsch 930's were not offered with vented front fenders. I think they were flat ventless types.

3.) I don't think the front fog lamps were ever offered as flush mounted. They were of the recess variety.

4.) The front valence looks right, but judging from the photo, there is no front mounted oil cooler. Don't know if the front valence was ever offered without the front mounted oil cooler.

Only until recently has Porsche been able to authenticate the Sonderwunsch Werks cars. Porsche Classic division has been able to authenticate through PCNA's Certificate of Authenticity group.

Without you doing an on-site inspection, you would be taking a risk with any online transaction.

Good luck in your search.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1113 (permalink)

I have an '84 special wishes slant that has been verified by Porsche. That being said my COA does not mention the special wishes at all. I called Porsche and was told the COA on the special wishes cars is the information as how the car was built before it moved to a different part of the factory. So...does any have a verified special wishes car that has a COA that indicates that?
Old 10-24-2016, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1114 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
^^^^ I don't have it mentioned on my CoA. My CoA was purchased in 2001. However, I did receive a letter from PCNA stating it is a Sonderwunsch Flachbau last year.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1115 (permalink)

Interesting, my letter was from porsche.de...its an email that verifies that my car was part of the special wishes program.

Your car was indeed a "special wish" and precisely a conversion from factory to the slantnose version.

Those are the exact words..but no more details than that...is there a better way to get more info?
Old 10-24-2016, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1116 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
Nathan,
I certainly can not attest to the authenticity of the car without a hands-on-inspection of the slant, but there are some areas that visually raise some concerns.

1.) there are no jacking points on the side skirts. Porsche deliberately put jacking points on the slants that had extensions welded to the unibody which allowed the car to be jacked with the Porsche jack. Plastic plugs were in the side skirts. Also, side skirts were made of stamped aluminum.

2.) If I recall correctly, the 1982 Sonderwunsch 930's were not offered with vented front fenders. I think they were flat ventless types.

3.) I don't think the front fog lamps were ever offered as flush mounted. They were of the recess variety.

4.) The front valence looks right, but judging from the photo, there is no front mounted oil cooler. Don't know if the front valence was ever offered without the front mounted oil cooler.

Only until recently has Porsche been able to authenticate the Sonderwunsch Werks cars. Porsche Classic division has been able to authenticate through PCNA's Certificate of Authenticity group.

Without you doing an on-site inspection, you would be taking a risk with any online transaction.

Good luck in your search.
Greatly appreciate your reply. Its interesting that you mention the ventless front fenders as I just came across a yellow early slantnose here about midway through this thread on page 19 that had the headlamps in the bumper and that car was actually manufactured after this chiffon one so my suspicions are on ultra high alert right now. He claims that the COA references the slant nose which i'm suspicious of. He claims that it does have a front mount oil cooler

Last edited by nathanbs; 10-24-2016 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: wasnt finished typing
Old 10-24-2016, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1117 (permalink)
Although now I just read on page 23 a post that shares an original Christphorus magazine article that shows in 1982 both the pop up headlamps and the bumper mounted. Cant tell whether there are vents on the fender of the pop up headlamp option. Curious to note that the side skirt on the one pictured in the magazine also is missing the jack hole in the side skirt
Old 10-24-2016, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1118 (permalink)

Dave- I think you are right on track with being suspicious about the 1982 car pictured. I suggest that nathanbs look at the photos on page 51 of this thread to see how Werke1 did the jack extensions and addressed the oil hoses going to the front mounted oil cooler.

Came across a Special Wishes (Mittelkonsole "C") interior option that I unpacked recently and sent to the Texas gentleman that bought my '84 factory slant. Thought the Flachbau fans might find the pictures* of interest. Typical layout of the gauges which nearly always included the outside temp, clock, and voltmeter (parts loosely inserted for the pictures). Shift boot would of course be tan not black. Dinky spin around ashtray was commonly specified since the normal one was excised to make room for the console.

*pictures were all right-side-up when uploaded AARGH!

-
Old 10-24-2016, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1119 (permalink)

Is my car a factory slant nose?

I am really confused. I have a 1987 930 slant nose, but cannot figure out if it is factory, dealer conversion, or aftermarket conversion. The VIN shows WP0EB0932HS070***. It has steel fenders with stickers showing the same VIN as the car. It has box rockers and rear brake fins. HOWEVER, it does not have the center headlight motor assembly. Can anybody help clarify? I have read tons of threads on the slant nose, but haven't seen this exact problem. Thanks
Old 10-25-2016, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: