Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

A quick question for the slant nose knowledgeable - have you ever seen a slant nose 934? In other words, a slant nose that also has the bolt on flare extensions?

Maybe something modded in period for IMSA or the like?

Old 11-14-2018, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill930p View Post
I drove this same car earlier this week, it is in the Netherlands now.
Check my IG account for some more pictures.
https://www.instagram.com/tazelaar_media/

Old 04-24-2019, 04:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazelaar View Post
I drove this same car earlier this week, it is in the Netherlands now.
Check my IG account for some more pictures.
https://www.instagram.com/tazelaar_media/

That is a nice car. Is was there, at the RM auction, when it sold. I think they got a great deal on it!

1981 RUF Turbo (RUF vin)
1987 Porsche 930S Slantnose
1968 Porsche 912
Old 04-24-2019, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1243 (permalink)

Quote:
Im pretty sure its been for sale at an official Porsche dealer in Europe for a year or so
Old 04-24-2019, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzwedz View Post
Im pretty sure its been for sale at an official Porsche dealer in Europe for a year or so
It sold at no reserve on Oct 27th 2018 in Atlanta, at the Porsche Experience Center. This was an RM Auction, sponsored by Porsche. I was there when it ran the block.

1981 RUF Turbo (RUF vin)
1968 Porsche 912
Old 04-24-2019, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1245 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
It sold at no reserve on Oct 27th 2018 in Atlanta, at the Porsche Experience Center. This was an RM Auction, sponsored by Porsche. I was there when it ran the block.
How much?
'86 no-sunroof 930 coupe: Emissions removed, FrankenCIS controlling eWUR, lambda, COP ignition, and EBC. SC cams, K-27/29, Tial 0.8bar, TK Longneck intercooler, RarlyL8 headers and dual-outlet hooligan
'14 Jaguar XK-R: Bullet proof windscreen, rotating number plates (valid all European countries), martini mixer, whatever you do don't press this red button!
Old 04-25-2019, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1246 (permalink)

Quote:
Its also been for sale in Europe since then and still is at the official porsche centre in the Netherlands as I said... same car... now asking Ä329,000 in the used car part of the website under 911 coupe

https://www.porschecentrumgelderland.nl/voorraad-gebruikt

Old 04-25-2019, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1247 (permalink)

Many of these 930s at the very top of the market are being bought by dealers, and then parked in their inventory indefinitely with much higher asking prices.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1248 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
How much?
$246,400 inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1249 (permalink)

Quote:

That is a nice car. Is was there, at the RM auction, when it sold. I think they got a great deal on it!
Looking at the current price they certainly did.
The car is in excellent condition inside and out.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1250 (permalink)

I recently bought this 87 slantnose from Japan and have been searching the net for information on the difference between factory built versus aftermarket. From I can see my car appears to be a factory slantnose with the USA engine and the oil cooler behind the right rear vent slats.

Thanks for all the informative posts.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinL View Post
I recently bought this 87 slantnose from Japan and have been searching the net for information on the difference between factory built versus aftermarket. From I can see my car appears to be a factory slantnose with the USA engine and the oil cooler behind the right rear vent slats.

Thanks for all the informative posts.

There is a wealth of information on this thread on authenticity. Over the last 3 years I have had an instagram feed (@930SE) for the slantnose and have had recurring queries of a similar nature. In response, I have combined information that I have picked up over the past 13 years of ownership from other UK owners, the PCGB Register and further research into a website at https://www.911flachbau.com.

There is a section on the Market Place menu covering Authenticity. This should give you a start.

Dave

1986 911 Turbo SE ('C31')
Old 04-29-2019, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1252 (permalink)

Thanks Dave.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1253 (permalink)

1985 slant

Hi there, I recently acquired a 1985 Slant nose chassis number WP0ZZZ93ZFS00283 this particular car does not have the openings on the front fenders, it has an oil cooler on the front and the intercooler is bigger I assume it has the power package 330HP, I am looking for info on this car, maybe someone here can give me more on it? I am wondering in 1985 how many of them were made? I have tried looking for info, but most of it starts from 1987 on...

thanks
Tony
Old 06-28-2019, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1254 (permalink)

^^^There’s no real records of any of these that far back. They were ordered and built on repair orders and sent over to the Special Wishes Department, thus nothing shows up in the VIN. I bought one totally undocumented too, then had an exec from the Exclusive Options Dept in Atlanta give it a once over and confirmed it’s all original. The power kit was (and still is) referred to as the WLS.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1255 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3PTY View Post
Hi there, I recently acquired a 1985 Slant nose chassis number WP0ZZZ93ZFS00283 this particular car does not have the openings on the front fenders, it has an oil cooler on the front and the intercooler is bigger I assume it has the power package 330HP, I am looking for info on this car, maybe someone here can give me more on it? I am wondering in 1985 how many of them were made? I have tried looking for info, but most of it starts from 1987 on...

thanks
Tony
Hard to tell from that one picture. I would need to see a picture of the trunk (with carpet removed) and one of the engine and exhaust.

1981 RUF Turbo (RUF vin)
1968 Porsche 912
Old 06-28-2019, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1256 (permalink)

GT3PTY
Great looking Slant...My 84 Euro also has the front fenders without the slats, the front oil cooler etc. I was able to confirm the authenticity of my Special Wishes Slant with a letter from Porsche.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1257 (permalink)

Tony,

Your car is a Euro model, hence the front oil cooler and pre-M505/M506 (pre-'87) cars could be specified with any number of the Special Wishes options. Whilst more rare (I have seen around a dozen) it is quite possible that your car was delivered new without the wing vents. Mine is the same.
In 1985, 44 cars were produced by the Special Wishes Department.

If the car has the 4 outlet exhaust and the larger intercooler, it is likely to be a 330 BHP engine in it. To verify though there will be a 930/66S stamp on the block.

I have spent over 13 years researching the slantnose, and as others will state in this excellent thread on Pelican, often specific details are hard to pin down. However I have collated what records I have on my website, and if you are looking to authenticate the car, some of the checks there may help.

https://www.911flachbau.com/forensics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3PTY View Post

thanks
Tony

Old 07-06-2019, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1258 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
^^^Thereís no real records of any of these that far back. They were ordered and built on repair orders and sent over to the Special Wishes Department, thus nothing shows up in the VIN. I bought one totally undocumented too, then had an exec from the Exclusive Options Dept in Atlanta give it a once over and confirmed itís all original. The power kit was (and still is) referred to as the WLS.
I agree that the records were poor. Though the factory has kept some records. I was able to verify my Special Wishes car with the help of Porsche Club GB and the factory using the VIN - though that in itself doesn't mean all cars would be traceable. Peter Morgan and Rolf Sprenger (who worked for Porsche Special Wishes) have contributed to production number information relating to the 1981-1987 cars in a couple of books.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1259 (permalink)

I have a question about this car... the previous owner has installed a BB exhaust...he claimed that it came with a 4 outlet exhaust... remembering this is a European car... can anyone tell me with a picture or a part number or an illustration what was the original exhaust like? the description he gave me was something like the RUF one.....

cheers
Tony

Old 07-08-2019, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1260 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: