Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/838425-my-930-slantnose-guide-v-1-0-available-download.html

Alexandredzia answers all your questions

Old 03-25-2020, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1281 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandredzia View Post
Hi guys, Iím new at this forum and also in the classic Porsche community, Iíve owned a couple of recent models but itís been my dream to own a classic 911.
I have now the opportunity to own a very rare 85 Slantnose which is owned by a client of mine and has had the car at a storage for the last 15 years. The truth is Iím very excited about it, but as it is a very special and rare car I would like you guys to help me if you can, Iíve read a lot about the 505 code that was delivered on the 87-89 models, and as Iíve been reading here it seems like the 85 models where part of the sonderwunsch program and they did not keep a very good record of them.
I have not seen the car in person, only pictures, my client is a long time colector of classic super cars, but heís old now and doesnít seem to remember much about this one, is there a way to contact the Porsche association and ask with the VIN number if this was a factory one? The car has some very rare BBS rims Iíve never seen on any other Porsche, also seems to have had some prior changes on the exhaust ( heís not the first owner) it does have front vents but doesnít seem to have more info on this, he claims itís factory original. But I would like to confirm this before I buy. Thanks for your help guys!

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/838425-my-930-slantnose-guide-v-1-0-available-download.html
Old 03-25-2020, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1282 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandredzia View Post
Hi guys, I’m new at this forum and also in the classic Porsche community, I’ve owned a couple of recent models but it’s been my dream to own a classic 911.
I have now the opportunity to own a very rare 85 Slantnose which is owned by a client of mine and has had the car at a storage for the last 15 years. The truth is I’m very excited about it, but as it is a very special and rare car I would like you guys to help me if you can, I’ve read a lot about the 505 code that was delivered on the 87-89 models, and as I’ve been reading here it seems like the 85 models where part of the sonderwunsch program and they did not keep a very good record of them.
I have not seen the car in person, only pictures, my client is a long time colector of classic super cars, but he’s old now and doesn’t seem to remember much about this one, is there a way to contact the Porsche association and ask with the VIN number if this was a factory one? The car has some very rare BBS rims I’ve never seen on any other Porsche, also seems to have had some prior changes on the exhaust ( he’s not the first owner) it does have front vents but doesn’t seem to have more info on this, he claims it’s factory original. But I would like to confirm this before I buy. Thanks for your help guys!
Sorry for the slow response. Been dealing with health issues with myself and family.
A lot has changed since this thread was first started, namely in the determination of factory slants built during the Sonderwunsch Program. I had been in contact with a gentleman in Germany who is head of the marketing group for the Porsche Classic over a year ago and there have been records uncovered on the work group in Zuffenhausen Werk I responsible for Sonderwunsch modifications. I don't know how much detail can be provided, but when I contacted him with my VIN of my slant, he verified it was indeed a Sonderwunsch Slantnose. I contacted Porsche North America, responsible for the Certificate of Authenticity, to revisit the records and sure enough the VIN came back as the real deal.
I would suggest you contact Porsche(link to form below) and attempt the same thing. The CoA costs a little over a $100 and I would think the current owner would buy it from you considering how much value that little document adds to the value of the car, if you decide not to buy the car after a Pre Purchase Inspection.

Porsche Club of America link to CoA I suggest you call them to let them know you think it's a Special Wishes car. They may have to reach out to Germany to get the necessary info.

Good luck to you. As you see by my signature below, I own an '85 Slant and think it's a fantastic car.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 03-25-2020, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1283 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
Sorry for the slow response. Been dealing with health issues with myself and family.
A lot has changed since this thread was first started, namely in the determination of factory slants built during the Sonderwunsch Program. I had been in contact with a gentleman in Germany who is head of the marketing group for the Porsche Classic over a year ago and there have been records uncovered on the work group in Zuffenhausen Werk I responsible for Sonderwunsch modifications. I don't know how much detail can be provided, but when I contacted him with my VIN of my slant, he verified it was indeed a Sonderwunsch Slantnose. I contacted Porsche North America, responsible for the Certificate of Authenticity, to revisit the records and sure enough the VIN came back as the real deal.
I would suggest you contact Porsche(link to form below) and attempt the same thing. The CoA costs a little over a $100 and I would think the current owner would buy it from you considering how much value that little document adds to the value of the car, if you decide not to buy the car after a Pre Purchase Inspection.

Porsche Club of America link to CoA I suggest you call them to let them know you think it's a Special Wishes car. They may have to reach out to Germany to get the necessary info.

Good luck to you. As you see by my signature below, I own an '85 Slant and think it's a fantastic car.
A gentleman in Germany who is head of the marketing group for the Porsche Classic? Willing to PM his information?
Old 03-26-2020, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1284 (permalink)
Registered

I was also able to get info from Porsche Classic confirming my 84 Factory Slant as a Special Wishes production car. It took about 2 months and there was no charge.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1285 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotoo View Post
A gentleman in Germany who is head of the marketing group for the Porsche Classic? Willing to PM his information?
Listen, I understand you want to get the information in a manner as quickly and as accurately as possible. I suggest you give Porsche North America at the 800 number provided in the upper right hand corner of the form provided in the link I provided. There's a mechanism in place to certify these cars now. State your case and maybe, maybe they will throw some generosity your way. If not, there is an awful lot of information provided in this thread and the other Pelican thread listed above that allows you to make a very educated guess as to the authenticity of the car.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 03-26-2020, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1286 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumba View Post
Was there any type of a shield between the front tires and headlight buckets to stop rocks flying into the buckets when the headlights are down?
Just got these new straight from Porsche. Will let you know how well or if they fit?

Old 04-01-2020, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1287 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM View Post
Just got these new straight from Porsche. Will let you know how well or if they fit?

So they are available again? been looking for a set since 2007
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-02-2020, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1288 (permalink)
Registered

just ordered from our sponsor after all these years.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-02-2020, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1289 (permalink)
Registered

And they arrived Now for the windshield washer bottle!!! Which is Still NLA
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-14-2020, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1290 (permalink)
Registered

Please advise if they fit, etc....My 84 could use a set too.

Thank you
Old 04-15-2020, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1291 (permalink)
Registered

mine are aftermarket fenders and it will be a while before I get time to install them DSM might be able to help. They should fit though they were new old stock
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-19-2020, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1292 (permalink)

Registered

Thanks Ken
My Euro 84 Slant is Factory Special Wishes...and has the fenders without the slats...I would imagine they will fit as the shape is the same...

Frank
Old 04-19-2020, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1293 (permalink)
Registered

Seriously...??????

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1213595

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207116408000968&set=gm.1723624077 855805&type=3&theater
Old 04-25-2020, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1294 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 935TURBO View Post
What they donít show in the ad, and I never get why they donít show the engine bay in for sale ads on the other side of the pond, is that this has the power kit on it. Telltale signs are the front valance, the quad tip exhaust and the boost knob on the obviously Special Wishes built center console. Price is rich for sure, but this is an ultra rare car. Assuming the interior was done by Special Wishes as well, that just makes it all the more unique.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1295 (permalink)
Registered

it does look like an actual row slant nose
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-27-2020, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1296 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
What they don’t show in the ad, and I never get why they don’t show the engine bay in for sale ads on the other side of the pond, is that this has the power kit on it. Telltale signs are the front valance, the quad tip exhaust and the boost knob on the obviously Special Wishes built center console. Price is rich for sure, but this is an ultra rare car. Assuming the interior was done by Special Wishes as well, that just makes it all the more unique.
Also, the boost gauge with

bar
Ladedruck
Porsche
SC

Not a VDO or HKS

Last edited by voitureltd; 04-28-2020 at 08:59 AM..
Old 04-28-2020, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1297 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Also, the boost gauge with

bar
Ladedruck
Porsche
SC
No VDO on it
Yes. Good catch, thatís another Special Wishes item during this time period.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1298 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
I think the 930 SE's are the best of the lot of slantnoses. They were an official U.K. factory option in '86, so they had part numbers for every piece on the vehicle. I had a PET CD that I purchased shortly after I purchased my slant in '98. I found all the SE part numbers at the end of 911 section for that year range. I lost that CD in one of my relocations. If anybody has that copy of the PET, I will gladly pay you for a copy of it.

Also, they came standard with the High Performance engine rated at 330 BHP.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1299 (permalink)
Registered

Those are the greatest 930 variants, they only have one major problem. The steering wheel and the pedals are on the wrong side of the car.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1300 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: