Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Hey Jon I got a chance to talk to David Brown the co-owner of Speedwerks and the one responsible for putting the engine together points out to me that the manifold pressure was at 205Kpa at 568RWHP so it was just a hair over one bar when the clutch started to slip, the is a lot of big power there and I can turn it up some more on the right fuel, but there really is no need to do so and I would rather like not having to spend more money for a while.

Last edited by SCHNELE; 01-12-2009 at 04:14 PM..
Old 12-23-2008, 10:42 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Linc.. sounds like Speedwerkes and the Motec boys have you nicely dial in! Looking at the build with the sum of parts used.. I would expect that car to be over 500RWHP.

I wouldn't touch a thing.. get in properly broken in, change the oil, and ensure all is with proper spec.. and go melt some tires!!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:20 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Congratulations SCHNELE!

Sounds like an amazing machine. Once the power is "up there" the actual numbers are really meaningless. It's that rawness and sense of speed you describe.

Have a blast with your new toy - if only in your garage until the white stuff melts!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:12 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Paul and Glenn. I am thrilled with the tuning, and it will be a long and torturous wait until I can drive this car but I think I can manage.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:45 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
We really need more pictures ...
Old 12-24-2008, 07:30 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
What would you like pics of? Snow and more snow here so it will have to be indoors.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:25 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
24DA: Get your sorry A$$ out of this Porsche forum and go peddle your cheap crap somewhere else.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:51 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Chuck, I don't know where these people get the nerve.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
Hey Jon I got a chance to talk to David Brown the co-owner of Speedwerks and the one responsible for putting the engine together pointes out to me that the manifold pressure was at 205Kpa at 568RWHP so it was just a hair ove one bar when the clutch started to slip, the is a lot of big power there and I can turn it up some more on the right fuel, but there really is no need to do so and I would rather like not having to spend more money for a while.

That's a monster amount of power at that boost Lincoln, would love to know more about that turbo you've got but i guess that'll never happen. Hope you have many happy miles in it.

Olli, sorry to hear about your plans getting screwed up, hope it all comes together for you in the new year! Hopefully when you do manage to get over to Finland you'll make the trip to Le Mans one year, would love to see your car. When you do get over there I have an AX22 you can borrow for a while if you don't have one.

Happy new year
Old 12-27-2008, 01:11 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

So, am I to understand this beast is actually FASTER than when I rode in it last year? That time when the ENTIRE police force of a certain town in Oakland County MI was mobilized to apprehend the blur of a white 911 reportedly violating their quiet little streets??

Lookout Woodward Ave... 's a new Sheriff in town, and he speaks German!
Met Silver '73 911S #0793
IrishGreen '69 912 #0602
Early S Registry #454
R Gruppe #391

Last edited by JCR; 12-27-2008 at 03:47 PM..
Old 12-27-2008, 03:44 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
....Hopefully when you do manage to get over to Finland you'll make the trip to Le Mans one year, would love to see your car. When you do get over there I have an AX22 you can borrow for a while if you don't have one.

Happy new year
Thanks Jon, sounds like a plan...I would like that. Happy New Year

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51
Old 12-27-2008, 04:58 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
I guess I will have to stay out of that town for a while.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:41 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Garage
I drove the car today my five year old daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am still really impressed by it but I don't like getting in and out with the front section of the Matter roll cage in place, I would like to modify the down tube on the front section for better ingress/egress and I would like to lower the seat rails and move the seats back two inches. I let the car idle for a bit to get the heat going and I attempted to let my faithful lab out before leaving, she refused to go out as she had to go past the 930. After warming up the car heading for my favorite back road, 1st gear grip is good even though it is cold 34f hammer down and the revs blur towards the redline, 2nd gear repeat more of the same, 3rd gear rips up more rubber until I lift, my daughter yells, do it again daddy! I say to her that daddy did not mean to do that and we should drive responsibly. I take my daughter to the local creamery Maggie Moos for a treat and I watch the passerby point at the car and I got numerous thumbs up while driving. All in all a fun winter Sunday.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:48 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Uncle Lincoln - If I am a good boy, will you take me to Maggie Moos for a treat too in your coool and fast sports car?

Signed your favorite nephew - Yasin
Old 12-29-2008, 05:25 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
It is not done, today I decided I have to have center lock hubs and wheels so stay tuned!
Old 01-09-2009, 03:46 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

What style centerlocks and wheels? 917 style or mesh? Oh oh oh pleeeeeease tell

droooooooooool..........
Old 01-09-2009, 06:22 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
I think I have to do the mesh wheels.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:03 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
I drove the car today my five year old daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am still really impressed by it but I don't like getting in and out with the front section of the Matter roll cage in place, I would like to modify the down tube on the front section for better ingress/egress and I would like to lower the seat rails and move the seats back two inches. I let the car idle for a bit to get the heat going and I attempted to let my faithful lab out before leaving, she refused to go out as she had to go past the 930. After warming up the car heading for my favorite back road, 1st gear grip is good even though it is cold 34f hammer down and the revs blur towards the redline, 2nd gear repeat more of the same, 3rd gear rips up more rubber until I lift, my daughter yells, do it again daddy! I say to her that daddy did not mean to do that and we should drive responsibly. I take my daughter to the local creamery Maggie Moos for a treat and I watch the passerby point at the car and I got numerous thumbs up while driving. All in all a fun winter Sunday.
Sweet. Gotta luv kids, as they tell it like it is. Glad u r enjoying it and i agree w/ Brian, MORE PIX!!! Video too if you get a chance. Any idea what centerlock system are you contemplating going with?
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

OK where's the video Linc?

We are waiting with baited breath!

Yasin
Old 01-10-2009, 06:56 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Garage
Juice I would like to go with original 935 pieces if I can find them, the replicas are quite expensive as well so I would rather get the original pieces. I need to have a ebrake so I will be doing some research.

Yasin why don't you fly out in the spring and you can shoot the video.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)
Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: