Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
kycarguy 935,
Way to go. How is travel on the Amtrak these days?! The piece got a good home.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-10-2009, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
DP935 member

Hi Dave, Amtrak isn't too bad. It is really convenient for me because it stops about 5 minutes from my house. My particular train was late because of a fallen tree on the tracks in the mountains in WV. I still had a cushion of 4 hours in Chicago instead of the normal 6 hour cushion before the return train.

I love and collect trains so anytime I can ride the train I go for it. In October I took Amtrak to Reno to pick up a truckload of special equipment previously owned and used by PCNA. That trip went smooth.

I would say the the winter is the worst time to travel on any medium because of weather related issues.

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 01-10-2009, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

kycarguy935........... I called him back a few days ago to see if he would let it go for a a little less than what he wanted. Sorry SOLD was the response. Congratulations, you wanted/needed it more urgently than me. I would have liked it as a ( just in case) spare. NOW, if you ever get to the point you decide not to use it, you know who to call. Thanks Tony@voitureltd.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-10-2009 at 10:48 AM..
Old 01-10-2009, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
DP935 member

This NOS unit would be perfect to make a spare from. When I get time I need to research that. If I ever decided to sell it I will call you Tony.

I have had my DP935 since 1991 and loved them way before that. I was at a show in Newport Beach around 1987 and saw the 2 black Rod Stewart DP935's there. I was in love with the cars at that point after seeing them in person and not in a magazine. Even growing up in Southern California I don't remember seeing them at another other car shows before then and I use to go to all the cars shows and every Pomona.

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 01-10-2009, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I was going to ask if it could be used as a mold?

Quote:
This NOS unit would be perfect to make a spare from
Old 01-10-2009, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

[ Even growing up in Southern California I don't remember seeing them at another other car shows before then and I use to go to all the cars shows and every Pomona.[/QUOTE].............. I was at a Spectrum Auction in Northridge CA in 1985-86 when I noticed a dealer/importer had 2 DP Motorsport for display ( not to auction off ) but to order from. I was in town to buy inventory for my Milwaukee based Voitureltd dealership. I remember I bought a Aston Martin Drop Head, saw my first Lamborghini Islero ( my favorite lambo) and went home wanting a DP Motorsport 935. May still have the sales brochures somewhere. Shortly after I found a pristine Islero and kept it until I recently sold it when I located the Kremer. Sometimes things take awhile to sort themselves out. Thanks in advance if you ever decide to sell the front piece.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-12-2009 at 11:06 AM..
Old 01-10-2009, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: