Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Pics as requested:

A few stone chips on the rockers and front valance. Might need to get shot, but low priority right now. And the goofy chrome "sleepy-eye" headlight surrounds are getting replaced with H5s. I think those were installed during Federalization, since nearly every Federalized 930 I've seen has 'em.

Engine shot. It drips, but less than nearly any 930 I've ever seen.

The interior shows honest wear, not bad for a 24-year old car. I might "freshen" it up, but it doesn't need much. The dash is lifting a little, but the owner included a NOS dashboard and I have an AWESOME interior guy that'll install it for free.

A documented 35,206 mile car.

An oddity, this sticker came on the glovebox door. It carries a 928 part number, and the previous owner swears it was in the car since delivery. Supposedly 930s never had any stickers on the interior, so this is weird, but I'm leaving it for now.

Here's my oddball exhaust. Single outlet, rather rough at this point, it's got a fairly small body compared to a "normal" 930 muffler and the outlet exits out the passenger side, and runs all the way across to the driver's side. I might have to try and source a real Euro 930 muffler. It DOES sound good though and plugs right into the turbo, no emissions crap.

Well, what does the panel of experts think?

Last edited by GroovieGhoulie; 01-16-2009 at 06:41 PM..
Old 01-16-2009, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Looks like a breautiful car.
I would replace the clock with a VDO boost gage and then replace the muffler with a newer open type with no backpressure. Rarlyl8 sells nice stuff it seems....he posts alot on the forum here, though I have never used his stuff.
The muffler will give great performance and I would not consider that violating you're wish to keep it stock.....that muffler on there now is not stock.
Lower it to Euro ride height to improve handling and appearance as well.
That is all I have to say.
And put some more miles on that thing!
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 01-17-2009, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

You are the man... finally came up with the pictures as promissed = Friday. The cars looks great, congrats.

That intercooler rubber seal is in a VERY unusual good condition, the way it should be.

I agree, lower it some, change the exhaust - as suggeted by a Rarlyl8 - I have use them and work great (performance and sound), replace the dash and those chrome lights.

Get to know the car before pushing it. Keep in mind to go into turns slow to get out fast. Be safe and enjoy it!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

GG - What are the three black dots that look like spot welds adjacent to the exhaust tip on your last pic on the rear valence?

You are running a non OEM muffler ...so I say mod it..someone already started.

Yasin
Old 01-18-2009, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
GG - What are the three black dots that look like spot welds adjacent to the exhaust tip on your last pic on the rear valence?

You are running a non OEM muffler ...so I say mod it..someone already started.

Yasin
Those are the allen-head screws to secure the rear fog light demanded by regulation on the Euro cars. The light was removed, so the valence had holes it it, so the screws fill them in. May or may not mount one. Yes, it is technically correct, but I think it's ugly.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: