Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
MiamiTurbo

Finally Turbo Power for my Carrera!

So I have been wanting to do this since I purchased my car in Aug 04. About 2 months ago I purchased some used turbo pieces on eBay and took my car to Vertex in Miami to have it all installed. Monday morning they called me to tell me they were done. And I have to say FREAKING WOW! Boost is GOOD! How about wheels breaking loose in second! The sound of Bens exhaust is crazy! Waste gate, blow off valve, uh man. Its great. Short lived, but great. Barely made it home, and the intake pipe they fabricated failed and I have to have it fixed. I will post more pics and comments as I go. I will also post my thoughts on what I feel where mistakes on my part and my installer, and how I plan to fix them.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Congrats dude. How bout some good pix when u come down off that Crystal meth high? Which chip did u go with? Which FPR?
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
MiamiTurbo

Protomotive stage 1 chip and Bell FPR. I will take some better pictures tomorrow!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
...... How bout some good pix when u come down off that Crystal meth high? ......
I pee'd on that one, juicersr! LOL

Congratulations wannabe. Boost is just addictive, isn't it!?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Man, I was hoping for good pictures.
who's idea on the intake coming up through there?
I'm assuming that's what that pipe is by the fuel filter?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
How bout some good pix when u come down off that Crystal meth high
LOL!

Yeah the intake thing is a bit strange but great stuff, it must work. Boost is so good, it's exactly what Carreras are lacking! Looks like you went OBX headers, I did too just because I thought it they would be better than a J-pipe and they have held up really nicely after a year, still shiny too but winter is a ***** without heat.
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 01-21-2009, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Wer bremst verliert

Aw c'mon spence. There is no winter in Australia, just a cooler part of summer!

Congrats AF, but you need to change your username!
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 01-21-2009, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

More non-camera phone pics please...!

Yasin
Old 01-22-2009, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
R&D guy

Intercooler or not?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
MiamiTurbo

Non Intercooled for now.

Non Intercooled for now, (did not want to move my condensor and fan for my A/C )will take better pics when i'm not at work. This is for juicer: Don't smoke crystal meth since your Mom broke up with me ;-) Intake will have to be reworked. If anyone has any ideas, please share. I am very happy so far and I have the intercooler already. I am looking for a Turbo wing to start, and would like some wider rear wheels. Here is another cell phone pic at night!
Here is a pic of my condensor and fan from before the turbo install.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

that's a big condenser, you ice boxing the car?
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 01-22-2009, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
MiamiTurbo

Yes Sir!

Yes it works great, you should see the evaporator up front, it came from an M3 BMW and its huge. Works great in the humid jungle conditions of S Florida.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

A shot of the evaporator would be great, an outline of the system would be even better . I'm in the process of planning out a system, I really want to move the condenser out of the engine bay though. But this is all for another thread I guess.
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 01-22-2009, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe911 owner View Post
. This is for juicer: Don't smoke crystal meth since your Mom broke up with me ;-) ]
Guy, that might almost be funny except that, 1) I dont know u 2) I finished Jr high many years ago 3) My mother passed away. However, i still say your are on Crystal, because i cant see $hit about your intall from those pix... is that heater duct and PVC piping from Home Depot? Still scratching my head as to WTF a pix of the AC condensor has to do with the Turbo install.

This is a very cool board, and we keep it civil and constructive, and have a lot more fun than what i've seen on other sites. You will learn everything you need to know about getting your newly turbo'd Carrera running right and more from the guys here. My comment was meant to be light hearted. Sorry if u took it the wrong way. Peace.

BTW, i just have one more burning question... do you have a mullet?
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
MiamiTurbo

Mullet ummm yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Guy, that might almost be funny except that, 1) I dont know u 2) I finished Jr high many years ago 3) My mother passed away. However, i still say your are on Crystal, because i cant see $hit about your intall from those pix... is that heater duct and PVC piping from Home Depot? Still scratching my head as to WTF a pix of the AC condensor has to do with the Turbo install.

This is a very cool board, and we keep it civil and constructive, and have a lot more fun than what i've seen on other sites. You will learn everything you need to know about getting your newly turbo'd Carrera running right and more from the guys here. My comment was meant to be light hearted. Sorry if u took it the wrong way. Peace.

BTW, i just have one more burning question... do you have a mullet?
Must have struck a nerve. Your comment was stupid. And has nothing to do will 911's or Turbo's or anything remotely related to the great stuff posted here. I have been posting on this board since 2004 and no one, NOT ONE PERSON has ever made such a retarded statement as you did. So here goes.

1) dont want to know you, 2) perhaps you finished Jr High, but your still acting like a f!@#$ child. 3)I am truly sorry for your loss. And the number ONE REASON your an IDIOT is . Its your meth smoking sister who has a MULLET ;-)
Old 01-22-2009, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

sorry miami, the meth comment was funny.

that's a normal comment about ****ty pics on lots of boards.

it's ok that you put up ****ty pics, just expect ****ty comments about them.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
MiamiTurbo

Then I completely apologize!

If that's the case then I completely apologize 100%. I was reacting to what I thought was an unwarranted comment. I do agree the pictures are terrible. I will take better ones this weekend and repost. I was so excited I wanted to post something asap! I have to take the car back to these guys anyway since the crappy heater hose, ducting the used for the intake does suck and failed on the way home.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
yer muther?

Holy crap - did I just read a *mother joke*???

Man, way to make friends there chiefy.

I see you've apologized which is of course cool. Unfort. you've set your stage with your initial reply, then with your even worse subsequent reply.

Good luck to you, and you very much might want to... lighten up Francis 8-):

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-23-2009, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

MiamiTurbo

I get it now...

I screwed up, I get it. I am sorry in advance to everyone else who is going to chime in here. Can I be so bold to ask a question. What is the safest amount of boost I can run on a non-intercooled system like im running here. And how can I change the boost level, is this wastegate adjustable or do I need to change the spring inside?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

yes the WG needs a spring. you don't know what's in there? boost gauge?
way too much unknown to guess what you should run. I don't know? .6 or less. .5 even? tough to say.
that's a loaded question, how quick does the oil cooler fan come on? what's the oil temp like? what kind of driving?
you get the idea
Old 01-23-2009, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: