Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thank you for finally coming out of the closet Jeff!! I was always worried about using your name on here since you never did. It was weird always referring to you as SandMan even though I know you, and have met you in person many times. We have even shared beers, tools, and timing of engines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
You have no idea how embarrassing it is having to go through life with a name like Long Duck Dong. So can you guys just call me Jeff?

06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 01-22-2009, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

I tell ya, buddy...it's a slippery slope! Oh the humanity! My true self revealed to all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngM018 View Post
Thank you for finally coming out of the closet Jeff!! I was always worried about using your name on here since you never did. It was weird always referring to you as SandMan even though I know you, and have met you in person many times. We have even shared beers, tools, and timing of engines!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 01-22-2009, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Certified User

Garage
+1 to all this.

I never could get my head around corresponding with someone with a name that looks like a keyboard smash or a license plate number.
As a relative newcomer here (and to discussion boards generally), I find it off-putting trying to exchange information with ilweuc, ytery and qwer56.
Apart from that, I couldn't think of anything half smart when I first setup my profile!

Must admit though, if you ask a lot of dumb-aaase questions, a more anonymous tag might be useful. Maybe I should have two names - one for the dumb-aaase Qs and one for my witty and intelligent responses

Gratuitous pic to brighten up this thread ...

PCWA club day at Collie, Western Australia.
Memories: '68 912, '72 911T, '80 911SC, '84 911, '85 930, '86 930, '87 911
Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
I've often wondered why nobody asks one another, where the hell they came up with their log on name.

I at least did not come up with my own, it was handed to me by a past business partner, while he was setting up our first shop computer, when the internet was about 2 days old!

It came to him, as I was returning from a completely insane blast down our shops country road, on my Ducati 888. Ducati's are often referred to as a "duck", so when riding at full throttle, he referred to me as going "full quack", (that of course does not explain why I keep using it though....Hummmm).
Anyway, when I write any response or start a thread, I always sign my name.

So there you go, way too much useless information. And no I'm not holding anybodies hand, nor will I be singing anytime soon.

Mark
Old 01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125shifter View Post
I didn't use my real name when I joined because I figured you were all a Porsche pr!cks who I wouldn't like
Now THAT'S funny!

Don E
Old 01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

A930Rocket is my real name. The numbers correspond to the alphabet and my last name is rocket.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
A930Rocket is my real name. The numbers correspond to the alphabet and my last name is rocket.
Your secret is safe with me, Barack Obama...or should I say, "Mr. President"?!?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 01-22-2009, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I dunno, sometimes it is better to remain hidden. I wasn't so thrilled when I found out my pen pal from Morocco, Sofonda Peters, was actually an overwieght hairy guy from Tennessee named Fred ...
hahahahahhahaahahahahahahahaha......rolling on the f'n ground man...good stuff
Old 01-22-2009, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Good idea, but I've had mine there since I joined Pelican. Perhaps adding my name in that manner will free up a line in my sig for more useless stuff. lol
14 535i M Sport
Old 01-22-2009, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Ok, I'll bite...

not an exciting pic, but gotta have some fun
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Quote:
Your secret is safe with me, Barack Obama...or should I say, "Mr. President"?!?
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, please allow me to present Exhibit A. I secretly took this video of Mr. "A930Rocket" (yeah right) during one of his races at VIR. He was hanging out in the garage area, trying to cool off and was feeling generous with his racing homies:

The glove fits...you must NOT acquit! I rest my case!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to crimson ghost Send a message via MSN to crimson ghost
Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, please allow me to present Exhibit A. I secretly took this video of Mr. "A930Rocket" (yeah right) during one of his races at VIR. He was hanging out in the garage area, trying to cool off and was feeling generous with his racing homies:

The glove fits...you must NOT acquit! I rest my case!
Mr. Obama please make it rain so I can get a 930 this weekend.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

MN

Garage
Pat (aka: infraredcalvin) - Cool...you got 930 for your car #. Me too....was psych'd when the 930 # was available for me to snatch.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
I just spat coffee on me monitor - you bastage!

8-)

awesome

I'm relieved you all didn't throw me under the bus for suggesting this, and that it was quite better received than my ahem 934 build 8-). Good to see so many not only agree to add the name but also share my same sentiments as to why.

and LOL @ er... "billjam's" idea on dual screen names (uh, you're 'bill' then I assume??? D'oh). Tho sadly 'one' of mine then would get tremendously more use than the 'other'. Hmmm.

and bwhahahaha to the Obama stuff Bender (even tho I know you're Jeff I'll likely just keep calling you that) - love the laughs to be had when I come here surely.

Now, Mark... you elect to sign your name manually to your post, as well as include it in your sig. So we shall call you MarkMark, or Mark Squared yes?

While me name's Paul... you're all free and encouraged to call me whatever the F you'd like, really. Shoe typically fits, so...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-23-2009, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

I'm just stuck on myself and like to see my name. It helps me to never forget who the f... I am! I think maybe I'll go back and think up some cute little handle for myself. But until then, MarkMark works (kinda sounds like a dog with a hair-lip).
If I wasn't so computer challenged, I would got into my profile and fix things up, but then you all wouldn't recognzie me anymore.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Champagne on Beer Budget

Garage
My nickname today should be Helmet Hair!

www.einarsgarage.com
Instagram @einars_garage
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Einars-Garage/375533809160797
Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Heh heh heh Mark... I was talking about Full Quack Mark being MarkMark - but yours now that I look is MarkMark too. I'll leave it to yous 2 to duke it out as to who's the more suited hair lip'd dog.

8-)

Fri. laughs - priceless. And, further reinforcing a greatgreat community here. Hey if you don't like holding hands and singing Kumbaya, I think I can drum up some nice soothing Gregorian Chants we can all engage in or something in lieu maybe?

BTW Mark (FQ)... I've always wondered what your screen name did mean and was fun to learn the story - good stuff heh heh...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

I'm in. We name all our cars. Gumba is my '68 v.w. crewcab w/3.2. Short for Gumbajive, based on a song by Johnny Clegg. A song about, if you don't change with the times, you'll get left behind. The theme song of the crewcab's transition from a 1600cc 53 h.p. to 3.2 245 h.p., 5 sp, and a bunch of other mods.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumba View Post
gumba is my '68 v.w. Crewcab w/3.2.
TPIWWP

Last edited by AFM744; 01-23-2009 at 08:11 AM..
Old 01-23-2009, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Great to 'meet you', Harold - and agreed with Jon... THIS I GOTTA SEE!!! Tease!

See, I have this rather disturbingly unhealthy warped fascination with dropping a 3.2 or even a full C4 drivetrain into a '79 Westy, Fuchs, lowered, etc. I *vow* to have another Westy!

Someday, someday, someday (mumbles nonsensically to self as looks for that $ tree I planted).

and

also funny as I also had wondered wtf a Gumba was. I figured it was some sorta Eyetalian reference or something 8-).

Let's have it! Sounds wayway cool...

ps. Jon, hilarity is your linking your abbrev. to an intarweb to engrish dictionary for the older gen... too funny...

Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: