Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Had a Rennlist Moment...

I did this all by myself tonight. Opening the wife's car, door slipped past my hand...

One of those moments that reminds me I can be as careless and oblivious as the next dolt in a parking lot. I jynxed myself to this too, today I ran into Circle-K for my RockStar fix and some turd parked half into my spot and I blurted out at him " Gosh I didn't mean to park so close to you" then realized what a Porsche-A$$hat I sounded like.

Now shopping for mobile dent removers... I'll probably delete this post as soon as I've self-depricated long enough.

"It's OK Eleanor, it can be fixed"

Old 01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

HAHAHHAAAAA, Rennlist moment....that was classic.

Well while it was a momentary lapse of awareness, it happens to the best of us when we least expect it. Don't be too hard on yourself, your fenders are steel and it can easily be fixed. Imagine if your fenders were 'glass.........it could be a lot worse so be thankful for that!

But I don't think you were out of line chastising that guy for parking so close...we're all protective of our babies and there is nothing wrong with that. I used to complain with my 5 series when people would do that, because we take pride in having cool stuff, not simply transportation.

Put down the rockstar and pick up a nice dark beer, go watch Le Mans...you'll feel better.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Cynical Misanthrope

Actually I picked up my black Fender Jazz and I'm practicing my thumb. I haven't been practicing for months. I prefer my Rickenbacker's sound... but the Jazz just begs to be slapped (kinda like another black instrument here in the garage).
Thanks for the moral support.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Sorry about the dent! That sux the big salami, for sure! However, a real "Rennlist moment" occurs when you take a picture of said ding, you ensure that your expensive wrist watch is also in the photo! Also try to capture your wine and cheese spread in the background!!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 01-29-2009 at 04:16 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 02:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Sorry about the dent! That sux the big salami, for sure! However, a real "Rennlist moment" occurs when you take a picture of said ding, you ensure that your expensive wrist watch is also in the photo! Also try to capture your wine and cheese spread in the background!!
LOL Jeff! That's some funny $hit!!!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-29-2009, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
...a real "Rennlist moment" occurs when you take a picture of said ding, you ensure that your expensive wrist watch is also in the photo!
Sorry, my watch, a crude and well-worn '97 stainless Tag Chrono, would not qualify. If I could afford a $12,000 Breitling I'm not the kind'a guy who would. Dat's why I come 'n hang here wichoo guys!

Last edited by AFM744; 01-29-2009 at 08:28 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFM744 View Post
Sorry, my watch, a crude and well-worn '97 stainless Tag Chrono, would not qualify. If I could afford a $12,000 Breitling I'm not the kind'a guy who would. Dat's why I come 'n hang here wichoo guys!
LOL! I hear you! I wonder whatever became of the Rennlist watch guy?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 01-29-2009, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
LOL! I hear you! I wonder whatever became of the Rennlist watch guy?
Rennlist doesn't have the "LookatmywatchcuzI'mRICH" market cornered. I've seen it on BMW, Audi and Merc forums too.

But "Look at my Genyooine SPEEDLINES! Only the REAL Speedlines have the etching like THIS>>"

(couldn't help it)

Last edited by AFM744; 01-29-2009 at 07:02 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I wanted to tell all of you; you are rude, crude, and totally socially unacceptable.

God it's great to finally find a place where I belong !!!!
Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
I wanted to tell all of you; you are rude, crude, and totally socially unacceptable.

God it's great to finally find a place where I belong !!!!
Cole

|m|/ \|m|
Old 01-29-2009, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

I love the wheels!

However the "money shot" should include the wheels parked next to one of your prized basses. Maybe lay your Tag wrist watch in the rim dish! It's all about image! Don't ever forget this kids: it's better to look good than feel good!

Last edited by sand_man; 01-29-2009 at 08:47 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
I love the wheels!

However the "money shot" should include the wheels parked next to one of your prized basses. Maybe lay your Tag wrist watch in the rim dish! It's all about image! Don't ever forget this kids: it's better to look good than feel good!
Not my wheels, I poached the pic from FleaBay. But here's a gratuitous money shot:
Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Not my wheels, I poached the pic from FleaBay. But here's a gratuitous money shot:
That's what I'm talking about baby!!! At some point we will need to discuss basses! I'll save it for another thread. But I always thought it would most awesome to have a Lemmy Kilmister-like Ric, all beat to hell and covered with god only knows what!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Wow I would jam the hell out of that bass.

The car doesn't really do anything for me however.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Cynical Misanthrope

The car wasn't much to look at, but it was very, very fast. I liked taking lunch money from the guys with chipped 996TTs in that car.

BTW Jeff, notice it's LEFTY. Ain' nobody ever played that bass but me. I custom-ordered it... and waited a long time too.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Manassas, VA

Garage
A lefty bass player, IT weenie. That explains A LOT!

Mark

Old 01-29-2009, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: