Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
Jesper,
Do you know if the master cylinder was upgraded when the rotors and calipers were upgraded? A photo may help.

Since these are aftermarket rotors, I wonder if it is a question of rotor thickness versus brake caliper. It looks like the pads are new.... Maybe the pads are fully retracted when you turn into a corner and can't retract any further? Also, have you checked to see if there is some looseness in the front wheel bearings?

Since the early 930's used 911S calipers/rotors, the Boxster "upgrade" would be better than the 911S's.
Hi WERK-I

Where do I locate the master cylinder? I have checked the wheel bearings they are no looseness at all.

Thank you all for the replies, Ií am so thankful.

Best regards
Jesper, Denmark
Old 02-01-2009, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Me like track days

If not, the MC will be asked to push a LOT of fluid - and the pedal will always feel soft.
This is completely separate from your current problem, but if the MC is original, I would change it.

But - I do not know the compatibility with earlier smaller-braked 930s - others here probably will -
Old 02-01-2009, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Jesper, it is located in the front trunk area. Just line yourself in line with the steering wheel and look straight ahead towards the bulkhead and you will see a white plastic liquid reservoir on top of it. The master cylinder will have two metal lines attached to it.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 02-01-2009, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 930 RS View Post
If not, the MC will be asked to push a LOT of fluid - and the pedal will always feel soft.
This is completely separate from your current problem, but if the MC is original, I would change it.

But - I do not know the compatibility with earlier smaller-braked 930s - others here probably will -

Hi Craig, that is why I will locate the MC and take a picture of it.

I am aware of, that the problem with my breaks is some ware else, but I would like to know if the MC are upgraded.

Thanks

Best regards
Jesper
Old 02-01-2009, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Oh, almost forgot. You will have to remove the carpeting in the trunk to see all of the master cylinder.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 02-01-2009, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

If it has had new brake pads installed recently, then that could be your problem. The outer metal edges of the pad body sometimes need minor skimming to slip into the caliper slots. I've seen were new pads are literally crammed in those caliper slots and then cause rubbing and binding because the pads cannot release from the rotors.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

On 76 Turbo the master cylinder is under the front splash pan, covering the rack on the bottom of the car. Early cars came with 19 mm , it will have 19 stamped on it. The one you want is Merc. Benz with a 23 mm stamped on it, will try to find the part number for you.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: