Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Caveman Hammer Mechanic

Garage
New Here!

Hello,
I am just getting started here! I have always wanted a 911, since 1972 or so. Not having a drivers license slowed down the quest in the early years. Not having any money further slowed the later years, now I figger if you are gonna be poor, you might as well be dirt poor, and a Porsche will speed that along quite nicely. I recently just purchased this car, due to my preference for the mid year cars:

First order of business will be to mod the exhaust to eliminate the cruddy 1975 kluge fest.
Anyone have a 1974 exhaust system they wanna sell(the previous seller left some change in the ashtray)
Hola
eric

Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Welcome aboard...

Click the link as I think that fiorum will be more useful to you... good luck!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Manassas, VA

Garage
That could be my previous car. I sold mine back to Alan Johnson Porsche when they were in San Diego. Please send me the $1.25 I left in the ashtray...

Seriously, nice unmolested silver car. If it is a 1975, you have to watch out for rust. Hopefully it was a Cali car all its life. I'm sure you will get razzed for the extended headlight chrome covers and the cookie-cutter wheels.

Welcome,
Mark
Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Caveman Hammer Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucittm View Post
That could be my previous car. I sold mine back to Alan Johnson Porsche when they were in San Diego. Please send me the $1.25 I left in the ashtray...

Seriously, nice unmolested silver car. If it is a 1975, you have to watch out for rust. Hopefully it was a Cali car all its life. I'm sure you will get razzed for the extended headlight chrome covers and the cookie-cutter wheels.

Welcome,
Mark
Mark,
I already spent the change on cardboard, sharpie and a garbage bag, so I can beg at the off ramp without getting too wet! Car had spent most of its life in Modesto, Redwood City, Napa and now Boulder Creek. A few rust spots lifting the paint, will be planning a paint fest for the touch-up work. I actually spent alot of time on my back with a mirror and flashlight looking for icky stuff and was pleased to find a very clean undercarriage. I got a complete tool kit as well as a nifty compressor hidden in the smugglers well. Actually the car spent most of its life garaged. As far as being made fun of for the totally pimp chrome and wheels, Oh well it's still a Porsche, and still funner than He!!.
Hola
eric

Last edited by ClickClickBoom; 02-04-2009 at 03:23 PM..
Old 02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: