Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Hooligan

OT: This is Crap!

http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/federal-car-scrappage-plan-spawns-protests/

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
abit off center

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to cgarr
Kind of makes your local junk yard your new 401K retirement!
Twinplug, head work, case savers, rockers arms, etc.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Wer bremst verliert

Can I buy 27 novas and pintos, turn them in and use the vouchers for a GT3?
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 02-06-2009, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Green Do Gooder's trying to impose their will and ideals on us Clueless of the repercussions!

I agree that there is a Global problem and everyone can contribute in positive ways, but lets look at the big picture and target the real offenders.

The Hobbyist, car collector, enthusiast's, vehicles contribute such a minuscule portion of total Global air pollution that in my opinion is hardly worth pursuing!

What they are proposing is comparable to taking a tea-spoon of water out of the Ocean and saying oh look what we did to reduce pollution! lol

Their proposal would do more harm to the economy than any potential benefits!

Personally with the snow we get I could use a little more Global Warming!
And here is one the hypocritical Do Gooder's can wrap there carbon free minds around. Think of all the reduced emissions from me not running my old inefficient fossil fuel, carbon spitting, snow blower at full throttle six months of the year once Global warming melts it!!!

I would be willing to wager that my Occasional use, polluting for pleasure, summer car, aka my Porsche contributes far less in pollution than the seasonal use of my snow blower! Oh! I better watch what I say, or next thing they will force me to junk my snow blower or fit it with the latest pollutions controlling devices that will contribute more pollution in the manufacturing than what there proposed legislation would save!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

It is something a moron would think of.... possibly Obama bin Ladin? Not going political or anything, but... leave it to our new communist to get the government's hands involved in the private sector...

Now on the other hand- I'm not worried because it doesn't affect our cars and it isn't mandatory that people trade in their junkers- it is an incentive. I think the worst that will happen is maybe a 928 may get scrapped (wouldn't kill me to watch one get crushed...)but no 930's will make it to this fate. I just think its funny that America has made such bull$hit products for so long that the government has to drastically intervene. Great job Big 3...
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 02-06-2009, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamohum View Post
!
Personally with the snow we get I could use a little more Global Warming!
And here is one the hypocritical Do Gooder's can wrap there carbon free minds around. Think of all the reduced emissions from me not running my old inefficient fossil fuel, carbon spitting, snow blower at full throttle six months of the year once Global warming melts it!!!
There is no global warming, just normal warming/cooling trends- Gore's doctor'd Excell sheets don't fool me for crap.
The wheather is the most normal I have seen in years.... Snow in the winter, warmth in the summer.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 02-06-2009, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
There is no global warming, just normal warming/cooling trends- Gore's doctor'd Excell sheets don't fool me for crap.
The wheather is the most normal I have seen in years.... Snow in the winter, warmth in the summer.
Eh! I'm Still waiting for the Global Warming heat wave to come melt us out of our glacier snow banks. Then I could park the dam carbon spewing snow swatter and in the name of Science balance my carbon footprint by driving my pollute for pleasure Porsche more often!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

hahaha
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 02-06-2009, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
hahaha
Really! I could use some Global Warming right about now! lol

Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: