Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Make sure the axles don't have any damage to the outer surface, as a small nick can develop into a stress riser that will quickley fail. I would suspect that there might have been some damage to the original axles that failed as your power doesn't seem that overwhelming to have broken them as stated.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 02-09-2009, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Could this be

something for you?
The big ones are the new ones.
Adapters to both wheel and LSD to fit. 128 mm CV joints. They are made by a Swedish company, a special crom molly metal. Cost about 3500$
www.sellholm.com

Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Ahh...the excavator stuff Personally, I find it a bit of overkill for a race-car (quite heavy). Spring-steel axles are probably enough for occasional sprurt in 1:st gear but if you want to be absolutely safe, this stuff will do the job.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Yepp

they are the same as in the Itsfun3 car. The car that you, Goran played a part in creating, if I'm not wrong.

I wanted to be 100% sure that there wouldn't be any problems at all with my axles.
The company says that this axles will hold for any abuse I can make on them.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Aspemo those axels look up to the job but at the expense of other driveline parts, clutch, tranmission etc.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 02-10-2009, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Thanks for you help - I will contact this Swedish company
rgs
Old 02-10-2009, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Thats a good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
Aspemo those axels look up to the job but at the expense of other driveline parts, clutch, tranmission etc.
hopefully it will hold for our purposes. The gearbox is totally rebuilt with new parts, and a new LSD is in place, a Hargett gear shifter.

The clutch is the weak point, still an organic one (specification is 840 Nm) , we will try to use this but we are prepared to use the 962 clutch with sinter plate.

The future will show if our application is up to date or not. I will give you feed back how every things goes.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebba911 View Post
Thanks for you help - I will contact this Swedish company
rgs
They do a lot of reinforced gerboxes to different cars. And also chassie parts although I don't think that they do so much for our cars.

They are reliably and old company with a good reputation in Sweden.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: