Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB: 1976 930 Turbo

Looking for a project, must have turbo motor (3.0L or 3.3L). Ready to move quickly for the right car. Please PM if you have one.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

bump
Old 02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

I believe there was an ad in the latest issue of Pano for one.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

There's one on Samba VW's . It's in SB Calif.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
beancounter

one in the pelican classifieds:

1976 Porsche 930 -- Fantastic Car

oops you want a project

Last edited by jwasbury; 02-24-2009 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: add
Old 02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
1976 Porsche 930 -- Fantastic Car

oops you want a project
I like it a lot. That is one neat Porsche Carrera Turbo . If it is as the seller says, the project would be just to keep it serviced, drive and concours it it. I just bought a similar Carrera turbo as the early ones will be the hardest to find as the collectability of the turbo approach critical mass. The early ones are lively and a real treat to drive with more feed back and built closer to the original intent of the model in its stock configuration.

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-24-2009 at 01:15 PM..
Old 02-24-2009, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
I like it a lot. That is one neat Porsche Carrera Turbo . If it is as the seller says, the project would be just to keep it serviced, drive and concours it it. I just bought a similar Carrera turbo as the early ones will be the hardest to find as the collectability of the turbo approach critical mass. The early ones are lively and a real treat to drive with more feed back and built closer to the original intent of the model in its stock configuration.
I talked to the seller and he sent me some more pictures and it does look nice. I also spoke with someone who looked at it and he indicated it was repainted a slightly different shade than the original color which was paint to sample, and the RR fender/flare was reworked. Tony since you are collector (or anybody for that matter) if that is the case, do you think it really detracts from the value of the car?

I wish I could get up there to look at it. I looked at another 76 earlier this week for more $$$.

Tony do you know of any other 76/77s out there for sale?

Any one know anything about the white/black 76 in California now on ebay that apparently has gone thru a complete restoration?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/rare-numbered-930-turbo-carrera_W0QQitemZ250378961123QQihZ015QQcategoryZ64 33QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Was the car that is now Pelican for $29K totally repainted due to the minor accident that required the mentioned rework of the rear quarter? This is a common problem with turbos as people did not know how to regulate boost surge when new when in the wet or on roads with gravel. To bad they did the whole car but that was almost normal as body shops unfamiliar with the 2 stage paints could not blend and just got the insurance COs to pay for the whole repaint. Now the value differential is probably not that significant however in the big dollar of icon collecting ( sometime later down the road ) excellent original preferred next Correct restoration ( ebaycar is missing the original radio and who knows what else if that flew under the radar) next would be a similar car to the blue if a reasonable reason for a entire repaint can be verified. No significant accident history, just light damage or poor paint maintenance and/or storage/sun related deterioration. If its a nice car otherwise it seems like a good deal to me compared to what some expect for their early Turbo Carrera's I will post photos of the one I just got that I have been waiting a long time for. It has had one panel nicely blended and will require the inside of the tail repainted as they are glass and prone to engine heat causing the paint to fail on it.They do come up for sale now and then. Just have to decide when to pull the trigger.

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-26-2009 at 03:28 PM..
Old 02-25-2009, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Tony, is the ice Green 930 you just picked up and in the pictures from RM auction in FL a couple weeks ago?
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Tony - once again / as always... you score the coolest examples. Niiiiiiiiice...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Krasuskyp .. Thanks, for your kudos.. Ice green is a cool color ( of course no pun intended )....... Cellison ... Yup, this is that one......... It was a rare opportunity to get one this way. One family owned since new and stored for some years in the family named ( Gilmore ) car museum. Left front fender well blended ( due to his kids bike scratching it when he had it at his home years ago ). As I mentioned in the previous post the inner portion of the tail will need some attention otherwise the rest of the original finish is still nice. Even the air has been kept working. I bought it post sale through the RM auction company as it did not sell on the block ( although I did telephone bid as I had investigated it at length prior to the sale) . When I talked to the owner he had the reserve pretty high as he did not want it to be sold just to be flipped by some Florida dealer. When he became aware of my interest he seemed relieved that it will get good care. Sometimes things work out well for both seller and buyer due to a auction offering. P.S.... I have located many exceptional Porsches over the decades for mine and others private collections as it is a favorite thing for me to do.

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-26-2009 at 10:29 AM..
Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
I wish you had posted this two weeks ago. I just sold my lovely 43k 1977 Turbo Carrera. I will miss him like you can't imagine ,, On to bigger and better things. It was a great car. Maybe a GT2 someday. Good luck in your search.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
I wish you had posted this two weeks ago. I just sold my lovely 43k 1977 Turbo Carrera. I will miss him like you can't imagine ,, On to bigger and better things. It was a great car. Maybe a GT2 someday. Good luck in your search.

Beautiful car. I have been looking and looking for a 76-77. Wish I had known about it. Would you mind telling me wehat you sold it for so I have a current data point?

Tony, I sent you a pm
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Thank you. I can give you info on where to find this car if you really, really want it! The engine is now out and being rebuilt. It may be on it's way down to Barrett-Jackson Auctions. But, anything could happen.

If you were to end up with this car,, with it being rebuilt, it would be like owning a new '77 for sure. Wow. What are the chances of that. I mentally dismissed myself from this car,,, but,, the ending and saga of this story has certain ended well for me.

Last edited by Hayabusa; 02-26-2009 at 11:08 PM..
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you. I can give you info on where to find this car if you really, really want it! The engine is now out and being rebuilt. It may be on it's way down to Barrett-Jackson Auctions. But, anything could happen.

If you were to end up with this car,, with it being rebuilt, it would be like owning a new '77 for sure. Wow. What are the chances of that. I mentally dismissed myself from this car,,, but,, the ending and saga of this story has certain ended well for me.
Chris, I sent you a PM.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 02-27-2009, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Thanks, Bro. I really didn't know how to tell this forum that I had lost my friend. Part embarrassment, part pride. I really miss 'Turbo C'. I never knew a car could have so much influence in my life. It was six years of pure bliss. Thanks for the message. I shot you my phone number.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellison View Post
I talked to the seller and he sent me some more pictures and it does look nice. I also spoke with someone who looked at it and he indicated it was repainted a slightly different shade than the original color which was paint to sample, and the RR fender/flare was reworked. Tony since you are collector (or anybody for that matter) if that is the case, do you think it really detracts from the value of the car?

I wish I could get up there to look at it. I looked at another 76 earlier this week for more $$$.

Tony do you know of any other 76/77s out there for sale?

Any one know anything about the white/black 76 in California now on ebay that apparently has gone thru a complete restoration?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/rare-numbered-930-turbo-carrera_W0QQitemZ250378961123QQihZ015QQcategoryZ64 33QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I know the white one and have seen it in person. Its nicer then a car that had 800 miles on it at the local show. Its amazing how nice that car has been restored to the details are better then showroom new.

I also have another 1977 with the original paint that's not so perfect in the same teal color that I will be selling soon. Price I think will be 24k. It has 25kmiles on a master Porsche rebuilt at a cost of 13k. Nice cold AC to!!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschepilot79 View Post
I know the white one and have seen it in person. Its nicer then a car that had 800 miles on it at the local show. Its amazing how nice that car has been restored to the details are better then showroom new.

I also have another 1977 with the original paint that's not so perfect in the same teal color that I will be selling soon. Price I think will be 24k. It has 25kmiles on a master Porsche rebuilt at a cost of 13k. Nice cold AC to!!
PORSCHEPILOT I sent you a pm.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 03-03-2009, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:

Progress being made
Old 03-05-2009, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Nice looking 77 for sale....
Can anyone else out there appreciate this as much as I have??
Old 03-12-2009, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: