Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

inefficent IC?

My '87 930 has what appears to have an excess amount of motor oil in the IC inlet pipe. I sense the seals within the turbo must be leaking and am planning an update soon. Question: If the interior surfaces of the IC have become coated with oil, and buildup would naturally follow, how would this affect the heat transfer of the charged air and the volumetric capacity of the IC.
Thanks in advance,
John G

Old 02-08-2009, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930cabman View Post
My '87 930 has what appears to have an excess amount of motor oil in the IC inlet pipe. I sense the seals within the turbo must be leaking and am planning an update soon. Question: If the interior surfaces of the IC have become coated with oil, and buildup would naturally follow, how would this affect the heat transfer of the charged air and the volumetric capacity of the IC.
Thanks in advance,
John G

It does effects heat transfer.

Take IC and flush it with some degreaser and rinse completely with water. Just remove the sensors and cap off all the opening except the inlet. Mix a 75 concentrate of water adn a good degreaser like simple green. Pour in fill up 1/2 way and swish around. Fill it up 100% and let it stand for a bit. Repeat the swish then rinse. get all major water out of it. Doesn't ahve to be super dry when it goes back on, a little water vapor in the motor won't hurt and thing.

good luck

Old 02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: