Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
89 930.

Garage
Angry What is with MOMO?

I purchased a wheel MOMO (Competition), MOMO Hub L231, 1/2 inch spacer also MOMO, for my car.

Quality of the spacer and the hub are very concerning. The spacer was not flat therefore making the wheel sit uneven on it? The Hub, one of the 6 mounting holes was out approx. 1/32 making the bolt impossible to install.

I wanted the trim ring on the wheel but the bolts that came with the wheel, spacer and the Hub were too short?
After phoning MOMO about this issue they told me that they knew the bolts were not long enough and to purchase my own m5 x 40's. Very cheap MOMO.

There were no instructions (that were understandable) on there site or box to install the spacer.
Questions arose about the ground ring as seen here: http://www.momocanada.com/momo/techtips_steeringwheels.html
The ring actually goes the other way (upside-down)when you use a spacer.
The US site is the same.
My 1hr install turned into 3 days.

What a mess!
I guess quality did not follow the wheels that i have installed, years ago.
Shame MOMO, shame.

My 2 cents worth.
Anyone else?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Same here in regards to trim ring, the bolts were too short. Luckily the steering wheel looked 'ok' without it so I never brought the issue to their attention. This wheel was bought about 2 years ago.

I bought a different momo wheel like 6 years ago and did not have this issue.

Cutting costs by not including hardware? Looks like it, lol.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: