Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Twins are more fun!

Borla S-Type Mufflers

Anyone here used these mufflers before?

They are quite small (10" long), which I think would be perfect straight off the back of the twin turbo's

100% Aircraft Quality T-304 Stainless Steel

QUESTION: If these are welded straight off the K16 flanges, will they actually fit in-between the K16's and the bumper bar / valance? Looks very tight under there

(3.3, Protomotive MAP ECU, EFI, GT2 EVO CAMs, Twin Plugged, Twin Turbo's)

Last edited by JMA-RUF; 02-19-2009 at 03:57 PM..
Old 02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

borla bullet

I was thinking the same to run the tubular Borla Bullet off the turbo but found it too loud. I then tried the Magnaflo alone, and again to loud. I ended up putting them together as seen in the photo with a tip extension (below) out the standard driver's side outlet in the rear valance. I finished the look by using black hi-temp BBQ paint on the muffler sets and pipes, except for a little exposed 3" section of SS at the very tip of the extension.

I used the flange off my old cat bypass pipe to attach to the K27-7200. I also upgraded to headers, yanking the emission plumbing, top end rebuild, etc., etc.

on the dyno, the extra tube decreased my HP by 15 settling for 375HP at the wheel, but it sounds great but I don't need a hearing exam after every ride...

Old 02-21-2009, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Twins are more fun!

Nice setup... thanks for the input

I don't mind it a bit loud, but not deafening loud.

(3.3, Protomotive MAP ECU, EFI, GT2 EVO CAMs, Twin Plugged, Twin Turbo's)
Old 02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: