Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Happiest when Tinkering

Turbo engine tin

Can anybody show me a picture of how they modified their engine tin to accommodate adding the turbo.

76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Do you mean on a stock unit?? If so I can take a pic in the morning.....
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 02-20-2009, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Yeah a stock unit would be great, Thanks, I dont know why but my turbo sticks up above the tin so I am going to have to get inovative to make it look good but does make it easier to drain the oil back to the sump.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
Old 02-20-2009, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Engine tin has been modified to suit my application, thanks.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
Engine tin has been modified to suit my application, thanks.
Post a picture for us. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Its rough I have not cleaned it up yet or anything and my welding skills are rough but here goes

It shields the dizzy and altenator from the heat of the turbo
Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Yeah a stock unit would be great, Thanks, I dont know why but my turbo sticks up above the tin so I am going to have to get inovative to make it look good but does make it easier to drain the oil back to the sump.
Quote:
Its rough I have not cleaned it up yet or anything and my welding skills are rough but here goes

It shields the dizzy and altenator from the heat of the turbo
The turbo looks like it's at the factory or very close to it. I'm more concerned about how close the the turbocharger outlet is to the chain covers. There doesn't seem to be enough room to attach the downtube for the IC.....or is that an optical illusion.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 02-22-2009, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

No it's an optical illusion I am not using a stock intercooler so I can actually rotate the compressor if needed. I haven't started the plumbing issues yet I want to get the turbo in its location and secured with all the brackets then work my way up. I am going to work on the intercooler bracket soon when I don't have anything else to do.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: