Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Large Member

Garage
soooo - this spring / summah Dragon gtg's gotta find a date <coughJUSTINcough>...

Title seyz it all mefriend!

8-)

Gots me calendar out with Social Events Coordinator, trying to determine / dark pencil in any & all potential (not to mention awesome) auto shenanigans I aspire to achieve this season, and *this* is quickly rising to the top of ze menu yes.

This, despite 24h du LeMons happening to happen this July all of FIVE MILES from my driveway. Sniffle, entry isn't panning out as hoped sooooooo...

Dragon it is!

BSbabble aside... have you or anyone thought of any dates for 'such' yet? Love to see a repeat of youres guyses uber successful Dec. outing down thar, I would.

And meeting some yous would def. be cool. Powerroadtripping down from sunny CT would be killer - I'd surely even pack extra 30w antifreeze and a 7th Fetzer Valve:

Looking forward to hearing hopefully good things on this I am. The Dragon's been on the 'to do' list too long now and gives good reason to gtg, meet new friends, and have some funfunfun...

SO

this all said: make me (us) proud?

8-)!

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
beancounter

Sounds like fun. We could form a 930 posse here in the Northeast you and me (any others here?) and convoy down south. I'm hoping to do my first trackday in late June at Pocono, and really want to hit Watkins Glen in August. July is looking car-event free at the moment. I should probably limit myself to one gearhead weekend away per month to maintain marital bliss.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Here is a link to a planned Dragon drive.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24912

Wish I could make it, wrong weekend for me.
R Gruppe #435

ZUFFENHAUS
Old 02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Justin is in Europe and should be back Sunday. We are planing to have the next Dragon drive around June/July depending on several things..., but keep your calendar penciled on mid-July. But as Aaron said the early911registry has an event in early April... and few of us might be joining that group - sorry about you Aaron :-(

Last edited by Miguel Antonett; 02-27-2009 at 05:12 AM..
Old 02-27-2009, 03:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

God I can't wait for this summer run. I'm stuck at work until then, can't wait to drive the Dragon in the Blackbird, and this time won't have to worry about below 21 degree weather!!!! Damn that was cold!

I can just hear the turbos spooling now....Was hoping for a late June run as I have a wedding to attend the day before my Bday (July 4th).

Paul - can't wait to meet you buddy.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Hey Gabe, YOU are one of the "depending on several things..." I was referring to.

BTW, when is the Blackbird arriving to CLT? Aaron/Keith are waiting on it...

Hope all is well and on schedule with you.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Blackbird Pilot

Oh really? Haha, good stuff - thanks for planning around me I CANNOT WAIT to get on that flight to NC.

She just had her brakes fitted yesterday, (forever and a day behind schedule) now the centerlocks and rotors with custom hats are off to get zinc coated. From there she gets dyno'd and road tested. She should be in NC hopefully around end of March once she stops in Texas to get road registered.

Couldn't fit the 355mm brakes so I had to settle for the Brembo GT 322mm setup.

Just got off the phone with Zuffenhaus about the project - can't wait to get the car there...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Hey Gabe, YOU are one of the "depending on several things..." I was referring to.

_EGG_ZACHRY_

Gabe - you & Justin figger it out. Justin's local and exectued (in *splendor*) before, and molds his recce around your projected itinerary... and herd will flock from there.

It all starts with setting a date, the rest is just details - and inevitable.

As I've always said with my event here: Build It - And They Will Come.

I'm verrrrrymuch looking forward to this all oh yes. Miguel's promised me the first cold after-bev, which would quench so well joined by the likes of Justin, Gabe, Jacob, etc. Now just a matter of con'n you Lincolns / Brians / Jeffs / etcetc. of the world and things would be fantasmagoric.

Dare yas?

Seems there's a solid number of 'yas' that are either in 'that' hub down thar and would likely join, as well as others from afar such as me nutty self.

Love the idea of a caravan down Jacob - being entranced for hours by your blue won't suck, tho I'll certainly feel the mockery of your recent mods LOL'ing in my face the whole while 8-).

Justin... welllllllllllllcome baaaaaaaaaaaaaack from Eu - now - get crackin' heh heh. I'd consider (even almost suggest) aiming for a Thurs. or something to alleviate the crowd factor, if it were possible for all. If not no biggie just a thought.

Gabe, bummer on the 322s - the 355s obviously ahem 'suit' your build. Surpised to hear of the no fit really. What pads will you run w/ the 322s? Sure they can be made to be sufficient, esp. considering the caliber of the rest of the peripherals there.

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-27-2009, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

jwasbury - bring the WU man! No need to run solo - the WAF for the WU to do the summer run was dependant on the WU's attendance I've learned just to keep her away from too much tequila the day before the dragon run hahahaha!

**Note WAF=Wife Acceptance Factor | WU= Wife Unit

Paul - I'm not too worried about running the smaller brakes (322 all around) they're ducted and cooled and will be using Pagid Yellows. After all they're enough brake to completely fill the inside of a 17" wheel. Plus with the amount of weight we've shed from the car with the composite/FG bodywork etc. I should have *just* enough brake to lock up the 315's up front, hehehehe.

When Justin gets back we'll get something together - as far as my plans go mid June and/or prior to July 3 is good for me.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

WU is definitely a determining factor. If W is happy everyone is happy if not it's time to go home...

And YES remember to eat while doing the Tequila thing - even if over overweight!!! no punt intended here.

I'm on 2, just set the date.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Yeah, missed the 1st one, so I'm looking forward to this run!

And of course I can't wait to see the the BlackBird!!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

I am in.

Tell me the date, the time, the rendevous point.

Take a look at this if we going to be out that way anyhow ....

http://www.wayahroad.com/

Nantahala Lake Road - Wayah Bald Road - Thunder Road This little known back road is not too far from the Dragon and Cherohala. It runs from the Nantahala River rafting put-in over the mountain into Franklin. There is very little traffic, some great mountain curves, and minimal enforcement. The road runs along the Nantahala River with a number of small waterfalls as you climb to Nantahala Lake. Great curves here as you cross the river several times. The road is rather flat, but still twisting as you circle the lake. It then begins the final climb to Wayah Bald.

The downhill (if you're heading toward Franklin) is the real ride here - some 4 miles of real steep, tight corners and one switchback after another. After that the road levels again to the intersection at Murphy Road. Watch for deer along this section.

Last edited by Shadetree930; 03-01-2009 at 11:13 AM..
Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

well please count me in!! it was so much fun meeting everyone last time, and hopefully this time i'll actually make it to the dragon!! hahahaha
Old 03-01-2009, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I don't have anything scheduled yet for this summer, but hope to make it this time.

Probably trailer the car to a meeting place from Charleston, SC and then start driving.

Gabe, for the track the yellows are great (and it's what I use), but for the street you may want to think about something else. The yellows will lock up too easy unless there is heat in the rotors/pads.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

My Dad has been wanting me to take him on a dragon drive for years, subscribed.
Peugeot moped
Old 03-01-2009, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
I just found out I need to be in Baltimore on July 20th,, was thinking I'd drive out and hook up if it fits in..

91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 03-01-2009, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: