Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Turbo ID

Man, I hate to even post another silly K27 turbo question, but I would really like to have the specifications for a k27 7200. Things like exducer, inducer, turbin and compressor wheels...that sort of stuff. I run across rare occasions on K27's but never have known just exactly what I'm looking at. Like, if it doesn't have a 7200 stamped on the blue tag, then I'm pretty much lost. Here's an example of one that recently came up for sale; who knows, it might be a 7200!!
INLET 2.75"
OUTLET 2.75"
BEARING TYPE WET FLOAT BEARINGS/oil cool
OIL INLET 1/8 NPT
MAX PSI CAPACITY 35PSI
COMPRESSOR 63 AR
inducer 49.15mm
exducer 80.84
trim 36.9
TURBINE .87 AR
INDUCER 67.16mm
exducer 75.85mm
Trim 78.4
FLANGE TYPE T3 FLANGE
DOWN PIPE FLANGE TYPE 6 bolt standard
MAX HP 550hp
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I don't have all the specs but if you do have the blue tag numbers we may be able to figure it out.
The 550HP and 35psi has me a bit puzzled. Those are not typical 930 figures.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Did you try asking Ultimate motorworks or someone at Imagine Auto? They are the retailers of the kkk turbos that most of us buy from....in order to get the detailed info on inducer, trim etc. I think you have to go to the guys that build these things as I don't think that info is stamped on the metal tags or anywhere on the housings.
Let us know if they answer your request.....I tried finding similar info awhile back without success. The internet does not have alot of info on kkk turbos available either....I was looking for a compressor map for the k27 and could not find it. Garret stuff is easy.
Good luck.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 02-27-2009, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
Did you try asking Ultimate motorworks or someone at Imagine Auto? They are the retailers of the kkk turbos that most of us buy from....in order to get the detailed info on inducer, trim etc. I think you have to go to the guys that build these things as I don't think that info is stamped on the metal tags or anywhere on the housings.
Let us know if they answer your request.....I tried finding similar info awhile back without success. The internet does not have alot of info on kkk turbos available either....I was looking for a compressor map for the k27 and could not find it. Garret stuff is easy.
Good luck.
Yeah, I spent a considerable amount of time on the net yesterday with very little success. That information is closely held by someone. I may branch out and seek input from IA or Ultimate.
On this particular turbo that I have my eyes on, I did find out just this morning that it's home was a Toyota Supra...for what it's worth. Currently attempting to get the numbers on the blue tag...if it exists.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
That information is closely held by someone.
From my dealings with turbo manufacturers and rebuilders I can tell you that no one is going to give you a definitive answer. It is considered a trade secret. Don't ask me why but even the rebuilder on my payroll would not give me all the info. It is their specialty - rare commodity that is vital to their survival in the business. The more experience they have the harder it is to get info from them.

I can get the manufacturer's spec but any time a turbo had been rebuilt it is no longer manufacturer's spec as rebuilder uses their own experience and workmanship to rebuild the turbo. A not so experience rebuilder would go by the book and rebuilt using factory rebuilding kit but most of the ones I deal with uses upgraded kits.

Give me a day or two after I get back to the office on Monday and I will dig up the manufacturer specs on the 7200. I know for a fact that 550HP is not correct because upgraded ones that we rebuild are rated at 570HP.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecartoys View Post
Give me a day or two after I get back to the office on Monday and I will dig up the manufacturer specs on the 7200. I know for a fact that 550HP is not correct because upgraded ones that we rebuild are rated at 570HP.
That would be great if you could post the build specs on the 7200, and maybe the 7006 as well. I can understand the proprietary nature of turbo builds beyond stock, but having the stock specs at least gives one a point of comparison.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: