Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Large Member

Garage
Interesting feature on PCNA's website

So I got this cruddy email inviting me to further explore the cruddy virtues of the cruddy Panamaxima. Clicking on the link brought me to the Corporate site, something I've not bothered to bother with previously.

Surfed it a bit, stumbled upon a cool feature - 930 year by year features / stats. It mentions a few year over year model changes that I was previously unaware of despite reading a fair amount on the subject.

Maybe you've already seen this. Maybe you already knew all this. Or, maybe you'll find some gems of wisdom:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/world/models/roadvehicles/

Enjoy. Some cool pics in thar too...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 03-03-2009, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Interesting. I think I've been there before, but what the heck....went back and called up my '87. Here's something I didn't know:

To integrate the Turbo into the Carrera family, the rear fog lights were incorporated into the reflector band above the rear bumper as well.

What rear fog lights? Are we talking European models only? I aint got no stinkin' fog lights hidden back there to my knowledge anyway.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

From the picture, it might be for ROW cars only. I know I don't have it on my 87.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Interesting. I think I've been there before, but what the heck....went back and called up my '87. Here's something I didn't know:

To integrate the Turbo into the Carrera family, the rear fog lights were incorporated into the reflector band above the rear bumper as well.

What rear fog lights? Are we talking European models only? I aint got no stinkin' fog lights hidden back there to my knowledge anyway.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Yes, they'd be referring to the Eu models with the hanging ballbag light on the LR (predecessor to Trucknutz?) and then apparently integrating it to the centerstrip. I was unaware of the integration either - so there's a gem 'o wisdom which along with a penny will get you nothing 8-). Such dorks we are heh heh.

On at least a couple of datapoints, I question the accuracy - one was in reference to US import or something that seemed awry for example. But there are def. a few neat year to year changes I did find interesting to know.

Anywho...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 03-04-2009, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Dont visit Porsche.com very often, but this is something i thought was very cool and well done.

http://www.porsche.com/all/targaflorio/usa.aspx

If you enjoy reading about Porsche racing history Paul, esp, the Targa florio, you'll dig it.

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 03-06-2009, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: