Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Wer bremst verliert

Supercharged Exhaust Theory and Practice

I don't have any I'm just interested

Another thread was inconclusive, popular opinions included the absolute necessity of x-over vs the view of going straight out of the shortest headers possible.

Authoritative, opinionated and theoritical posts invited.
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Well if nasty cams are involved, then: I would make a nice set of long tube, equal length, burns-merge-collected headers. Then go into separate bullet mufflers going accross the back of the car and then out.
Now on a race car, you take the merge collectors, extend the secondary side of the collectors, and do the old crayon trick- thus cutting off where the pulses stop hitting the sdes of the pipe.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 03-07-2009, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I suspect, turbo set up is different but super charging mostly follows normally aspirated exhaust theory. As eludes to, there is potential resonance tunning possible that can create a scavenging effect and gain a higher VE where wanted.

Cam over lap, tubing size, length, collect design all have effect in determining at what rpm and how much this will help.

Double check this if you get to actually doing a build.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: