Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

GHL - still in business?

So about a year ago I bought a GHL exhaust system from our host and after about 2000 miles they are cracking. When I was shopping for them one of the sales reps from our host stated that it would be advantageous to buy them from him (vs. directly through GHL) as he would take care of any warranty issues should they arise. Now that their is a warranty issue my rep from our host states he is unable to help me- and he has directed me to work with GHL directly. I've noticed that, "Temporarily Unavailable" shows up in the field on our host's website when one looks up the GHL system. I have been unable to pull up the GHL website- I get a "domain unavailable" message when I attempt to. The number that I have rings and rings and there is no answer.

I'm wondering- has anyone heard if GHL is out of business?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Yes, I heard they went under.
Give Ben a call and see if he will repair them for you (for a fee of course).
Old 03-07-2009, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Brian. That really sucks.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

yup gone as far as I know

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 03-08-2009, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Wow! That sucks. I spoke with the owner a couple of years ago when I had problems with mine. He was a real trooper and helped me out.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Jay, where are you seeing the cracks? I have read other threads about cracking in the collector area that may be repairable.
Peugeot moped
Old 03-08-2009, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by William930t View Post
Jay, where are you seeing the cracks? I have read other threads about cracking in the collector area that may be repairable.
I took them to a local aircraft exhaust fabricator today. He pressure tested and found a leak on one side where the heater box is welded to the header. It shouldn't be too difficult a repair- I think he can cut open the rear section of one of the heater boxes and get to the leak. I think I'm in luck- it just sucks that I've got to pay someone to fix an item that would be under warranty if the company was still alive. I guess it's another reminder that makes me realize how lucky I am to have job security and a steady income right now!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

make sure the inside of the tube is cleaned real well slag can form during welding then break loose while the engine is running and trash the turbo.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 03-15-2009, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
make sure the inside of the tube is cleaned real well slag can form during welding then break loose while the engine is running and trash the turbo.
Thanks Ken. I had an aircraft exhaust fabricator (extremely anal, expensive and good!) handle the repair. Turns out someone at GHL may have had a hangover- they missed about 1" of weld on a seam so it was a manufacturing defect. He checked for slag then pressure tested both sides. I installed today and am back in business! Blew the doors off a Vette steadily pulling 0.9 bar the whole time.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: