Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Twins are more fun!

Electric Scavenge Pump

What do you guys think of this Electric Turbo Oil Scavenge Pump?

Thinking of using it for the TT conversion.

(3.3, Protomotive MAP ECU, EFI, GT2 EVO CAMs, Twin Plugged, Twin Turbo's)
Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Do you think it will matter that the pump will run at a constant flow rate? Where as one driven from the engine, the flow rate is a function of engine RPM. I guess as long as the 3.7 GPM (which sounds like alot) will handle the max flowing from the turbo(s) it might be interesting.
'70 914-6 (looong term restoration)
'74 TR-6
Old 03-11-2009, 02:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

James,

Would this be for oiling and/or cooling?

I use this one from Pegasus (a Tilton) with a little lower gpm, for cooling.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=156

It's meant to deal with the heat. Also, with a closed-loop cooling system, I'm not worried about it running dry. That would be my concern with the oil return, but maybe others can chime in with their solution.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Twins are more fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
James,

Would this be for oiling and/or cooling?

I use this one from Pegasus (a Tilton) with a little lower gpm, for cooling.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=156

It's meant to deal with the heat. Also, with a closed-loop cooling system, I'm not worried about it running dry. That would be my concern with the oil return, but maybe others can chime in with their solution.

Good luck!
It will be used for oiling... not using water-cooled turbo's (k16/16g's).

Your one looks good too... cheaper too! Even better!

The one I list above has a higher GPM flow rate though.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have a Turbowerks pump new never used I'll sell for $150.00 if you want it. I ended up drilling and taping my cam for the factory pump instead if using the electric one.
R Gruppe #435

ZUFFENHAUS
Old 03-11-2009, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Twins are more fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by av winans View Post
I have a Turbowerks pump new never used I'll sell for $150.00 if you want it. I ended up drilling and taping my cam for the factory pump instead if using the electric one.
Might be interested! Which version? Base pump, or Exa pump?

Specs?

Old 03-11-2009, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I have the base model. Here are the specs from their website.

Electric Oil Scavenge Pump

No more limits on turbo location!

Proven, powerful, and quiet. Manufactured exclusively for TurboWerx, this custom engineered pump is designed to scavenge hot turbocharger drain oil from anywhere to anywhere in automotive applications. With its 1.75GPM (105GPH) scavenging capacity, it is powerful enough to scavenge oil from two turbos. It will self-prime/draw from over 5 vertical feet, and pump the oil as high as 20 vertical feet. The custom black anodized finned heatsink lowers operating temperature, further enhancing reliability.

Whether the application moves 1 oz of oil a minute or up to 1.75 gallons a minute, 'under-flow' applications are no problem. In fact, the TurboWerx pump may be run dry indefinitely.

This pump will fit inside a 7.25" x 4.0" x 4.0" box. It weighs less than 5 pounds, and includes anti-vibration mounting hardware. It is specified to handle a maximum oil temperature of 300+F, and the power consumption is 12 volts @ less than 3.5 amps. Pump inlet and outlet fittings are standard 3/8" NPT. Also suitable for other fluids, such as transmission, engine coolant, and water.

This pump is an ideal economical solution for most turbocharger scavenge applications. For higher performance and even greater reliability, see our exciting new "Exa-Pumpô" here.

TurboWerx offers a limited warranty on the parts against defects in material and workmanship.

Download Manual

TurboWerx Part # TWX-175-12V
Price: $229.00
R Gruppe #435

ZUFFENHAUS
Old 03-11-2009, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Twins are more fun!

PM sent

Old 03-11-2009, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: