Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
I'll try to keep this open on my calendar, guys! My birthday is in June, so perhaps this will be my 40th b-day present to myself! Will there be hookers and blow?
The blow... nah, but the hookers? Still in negotiations with these chicks, as they expressed interest in our event...

40th huh? Isnt '40' like the 'new' '20'? May have to arrange some late night activity for you Jeff at one of Charlotte's finest establishments, 'Uptown Cabaret'

Jeff, not gonna let u back out of this one, no excuses.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 03-15-2009, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Just and update for those of you who have already let me know they wish to participate in the track day, as well as those on the fence.

The CMP track service, 'Turn One' is REALLY making this easy for us.

Here's the deal. Go to this link for starters http://www.turnonetrackevents.com/t1m_trackdates.php

Read the rules of the track day and DOWNLOAD the '2008 Enrollment' Form

It explains the levels of participation on the track day, which for us, is either 'DE' or 'Solo'

RULES
If u have no track experience, but some track experience with DE, but have never signed off as a 'solo' driver, u MUST have and instructor, no exceptions!!!

If u are driving solo, u have to have been signed off on by a DE instructor for solo (example, NASA HPDE 3 or higher) or have a competition license by SCCA, NASA,. You need to list this on the form, along with the guy who signed off on you, or licensce number, etc. Do not bull$**** on this, for your own and others safety, and also, for the fact that they will check on your credentials, and u may not be able to participate if you put down false info.

Fill out the form and fax if back to the number listed, along with you credit card number. Your card will not be charged until 2 weeks prior to the event.
If u dont like faxing your card number, let Sylvia know on the form so she can call u

NOTE: WHEN U FILL OUT THE FORM AND FAX IT BACK, MAKE SURE YOU PUT MY NAME, JUSTIN BROUGHTON, ON THE TOP OF THE FORM SO THAT THE 'TURN ONE' COODINATOR SYLVIA PATTERSON MAKES SURE TO PUT U IN OUR GROUP SO THAT WE CAN HAVE THE GREATEST POSSIBLE DISCOUNT!!!!!

COST
Bascially, THE MORE GUYS WE HAVE, THE LESS WE PAY.

We have about 10 guys already, so the cost for those with instructors is about $240 each, and those without instructor about $50 less. For each group of ten past ten, we get a greater discount, so if you are interested, go ahead and register!!!!

This is a basic overview. Please call Sylvia Patterson at 803-669-4561 for further questions, and tell here u are with the group of Porsche guys with Justin Broughton on that weekend in June so that she will know who u are.

This is gonna be a great event. I am trying to book out a place in Charlotte for get-together dinner Sat nite, late nite activities, etc, so stay tuned for all that. Just trying to get the track day stuff nailed down now.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 03-16-2009, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Awesome Justin. Good werk. That was fast to get 10, bet we're going to have a heckofa turnout.

Regarding these late night activities (ohso important with a group / gathering such as this)... thinking this may prove a _bit_ of a challenge for an *early* a.m. departure to hit the Dragon for a run early enough to beat law / traffic. Esp. considering by my calc it's a 250++mi. drive that a.m., no?

Just a thought / trying to get a feel of the flow, not beochin or nothing butofcourse.

and

If you're able / when time comes... any suggested Motel No-tell info appreciated.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Sounds awesome- now need to work on wife hall pass. On that note- is this guys only for the most part or are people bringing wives/kids?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Justin,

Quick thought. Can we take passengers in our cars? Some who might not be driving might want to go for rides with solo approved drivers...

Jim
Old 03-16-2009, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Justin,

Quick thought. Can we take passengers in our cars? Some who might not be driving might want to go for rides with solo approved drivers...

Jim
Not sure on that one. When u get ready to send in your enrollment form, call Sylvia Patterson at Turn one and she will be able to tell u you their policy.

One thing i forgot to mention, track insurance is included in the fee, but call Sylvia for specifics and those of u who have never tracked your ride, make sure u call your insurance company and find out what their policy is.

Paul, am still in the planning stages for events of Sat nite following track day. Plan to get a group rate at Charlotte hotel, and place where we can all meet for early din-din that nite for those inclined (at lot of the 'elbow rubbin' will be at the track Sat), so that we can be fresh for the am. Obviously, those who want to continue their, ahem, late night activities, can join Gabriel and myself. That's why they invented Redbull. Option B would be to have a get together dinner Friday nite in Charlotte after meeting at Zuffenhaus, which i still have to arrange. Lots of stuff to decide on so have patience.

As to the wifey/ BFF factor, do what u want. I'm bringing the GF and Gabe his wife (i think), so the estrogen will be present.

Much more to follow so stay tuned.
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 03-16-2009, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Will there be hookers and blow?
Sand_man..

There'll be hookers blowing what?
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
gotchya ;-) I'll dial in accordingly.

*epic* pic...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 03-16-2009 at 05:30 PM..
Old 03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

one quick note, the mountain run day...near me there is a stretch of hwy 421 called the striped snake. IMO it's alot better than the dragon. something to consider
Old 03-16-2009, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Yup the wife unit will be there - she wouldn't miss it for the world. I think there might be a wife group meeting during our track session though, doing all the gossiping/social drinking etc.

Can't F'in wait man....and yes that's why they made Redbull/Rockstar/Monster/AMP and chocolate covered espresso beans We're gonna rock n' roll IMSA style, terrorizing the good people in a fair town with our zorks, rippin' and snarlin' the whole way. Acting like gentlemen some of the time

Edit: Application Submitted Sir

To continue with the epicness:

Last edited by Reaper930; 03-17-2009 at 03:17 AM..
Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Putting the BS aside, this is a friendly P-cars event to meet each other, have fun with our cars and drive them as they should be driven. All within SAFETY boundaries. Typically it is for "the guys", but wives, gf, kids, others... will be there - guarantee. I know my wife will be there with bells... However, I also know that there will be plenty of entertainment before/during/after hours...
Old 03-17-2009, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
have fun with our cars and drive them as they should be driven. All within SAFETY boundaries. ...I know my wife will be there with bells... However, I also know that there will be plenty of entertainment before/during/after hours...
Well spoken, safety is of paramount importance. None of us want to experience what the guy in the white '77 911 and Ferrari 430 suffered. I just know this will be the weekend to remember for quite some time.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
I'll be bringing my ***** (pic below),, Gonna make sure all my bugs are ironed out before I commit to the track day.. Should be an epic road trip
Hey Gabe, when you figure out your itinerary maybe we can hook up on the way out ..
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

That's one hell of a look that dog's givin' us haha nice animal.

Def. we'll convoy as far as is convient, hopefully we'll have a nice blast westward.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

What does the ol' Almanac show for weather in the area in June? Hot as hell or not so bad?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

... as hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCulp View Post
What does the ol' Almanac show for weather in the area in June? Hot as hell or not so bad?
I suspect the end of June in NC will have the potential for being kinda warm. I would love to pencil in, sound like a great time, however my 930 has been running hot. Not sure where to start looking, but I want to make it to Hershey and hopefully I can get it resolved to make both of those events.

John G
Old 03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCulp View Post
Actually June in NC, especially closer to the mountains (Charlotte and to the west) is usually quite mild. The hotter months are July and August. The coast, where i live, is another story, but i like it hot.
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
BE SURE THERE ARE NO OTHER CAR OR MOTORCYCLE EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR THE SAME WEEKEND

That would be a nightmare! You can get stuck in traffic for hours.

I had to make an unscheduled run to the Dragon area this morning. Left at 4:30am. It's a 4 hour drive for me. BEEEAAUTIful in the mountains right now. The trees are all in bloom and not so many leaves.

I'd hate to see your leather seats after that dog spends a day in the twisties!!!

Last edited by RarlyL8; 03-17-2009 at 06:10 PM..
Old 03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Hey Brian, I've been at the Dragon while major events (Pelican weekend, Mini weekend, Harley ride, Vete club ride, Moto weekend..) and never experienced hours of traffic. If a wreck occurs - and it does - then it's a different story, but that could happen any time. IMO the issue with busy weekends is the traffic density, but early or late drives solve that. Hope to see you there in June.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I'm talking car shows, like the Grand Rod Run or Shades of Past. THOUSANDS of cars show up and clog the entire area. I don't know what other mega-events are hosted in the area so just gave a general heads-up.

I've got to yank the engine out of my car a couple of times before June. Will do my best to be there.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: