Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
newb.

Iím turboless; but Iím still wide-bodied, if that counts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

r gruppe #436
zuffenhaus: products|eurowerks
Old 03-12-2018, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #701 (permalink)

I'm around in Charlotte if you guys do anything.
'78 930 #441
'87 951
Old 03-13-2018, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #702 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

This thread brings back a lot of fun memories! The years in my 930, seem like forever ago...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 03-13-2018, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #703 (permalink)

Garage
I am game. I just purchased a huge home in New Hampshire so I would offer that as a headquarters if this party gets off the ground.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #704 (permalink)
Work in Progress

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimkeith View Post
Iím turboless; but Iím still wide-bodied, if that counts?
Keith,

Your turbo is still around. If we're ever together your certainly welcome to spend some time in the driver seat.

I rebuilt the engine and have done some modifications since I bought it from Jim, so I'd love to know your thoughts.

Alex- NH would be bad ass! Congrats on the new abode. I'd love to be able to make a turbopalooza. My damn schedule is crazy though with work and 3 kids.

-Rich
Old 03-13-2018, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #705 (permalink)

I would love to be able to go butt that's a lot of driving for us fruits and nuts that live in Cali.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2018, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #706 (permalink)

Garage
This same subject came up in another thread the Midwest Area was mentioned Branson/Eureka Springs area, lots of night life,lotta twisty roads.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #707 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbodman930 View Post
I would love to be able to go butt that's a lot of driving for us fruits and nuts that live in Cali.

We should set something up for Rennsport Reunion.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #708 (permalink)

^^^^^^^^
Yeah, it is the same subject, just trying to promote it... waiting on more of "the guys" to pop up :-)

Prrrrreeeetycool Frank and Keith, nice to hear...

Last edited by Miguel Antonett; 03-14-2018 at 02:08 PM..
Old 03-14-2018, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #709 (permalink)

That would be awsome.I do plan on going this year and driving the 930.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #710 (permalink)

I know that the 930 population density resides east of the Mississippi, but there are a bunch of us on this...the better side...of that great muddy divide. We have something called the Columbia River, fed from glacier melt from up in Cannuk'dom. A turbolooza outing is on my bucket list before I die, but I can't see a 3000+ mile round trip. Aint gonna happen, sorry.

If we sponsored one way the hell out west where pioneers and Indians still shoot at each other, how many would take on such an epic journey just to swap a few stories, a tour of the countryside, and a few beers?

You guys that have hosted in the past...man, hats off to you!!!! Damn, wish our country wasn't so spread apart. Lots of folks I would love to meet.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #711 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
I know that the 930 population density resides east of the Mississippi, but there are a bunch of us on this...the better side...of that great muddy divide. We have something called the Columbia River, fed from glacier melt from up in Cannuk'dom. A turbolooza outing is on my bucket list before I die, but I can't see a 3000+ mile round trip. Aint gonna happen, sorry.

If we sponsored one way the hell out west where pioneers and Indians still shoot at each other, how many would take on such an epic journey just to swap a few stories, a tour of the countryside, and a few beers?

You guys that have hosted in the past...man, hats off to you!!!! Damn, wish our country wasn't so spread apart. Lots of folks I would love to meet.
Iíd love an out-west trip, I wonder what an enclosed double decker transport would cost? What can they haul, 8 cars? Jump a jet and be there in a few hours.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #712 (permalink)

My intentions are to go to rennsport that would be a lot of fun if we could all meet there.I think there are a few guys/gals and Rawknee hopefully will show up.If you guys go and want to meet up with me just look for about 20/30 hot chicks and u will find me.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #713 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
2nd(ish) annual East coast Summer Turbolooza Fest

^^^ I didnít know you are a Chicken rancher.
I thought you were an auto body repair man with the whole Kevinbodyman name.

Sent from my iPhone while Driving
Old 03-14-2018, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #714 (permalink)

I am flying out for rennsport. Not bringing the 930. I would love to meet up with any fellow pelicans there.
I think a thread for that once we get a little closer is a good idea.

Meanwhile, a more local palooza is a great idea. I'm in if close enough to drive.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #715 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Soooooo OK guys........ close to 10 yrs since the last one....... should we do another Tpalooza?
We should definitely do another Tpalooza!! Let's do it around northern Arkansas...there are lots of great roads south of Eureka Springs. So who's going lead the effort to put this together?!?
Old 03-15-2018, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #716 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
^^^ I didnít know you are a Chicken rancher.
I thought you were an auto body repair man with the whole Kevinbodyman name.

Sent from my iPhone while Driving
That's funny.I actually am a bodyman,at least that's what they tell me..

Old 03-15-2018, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #717 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD930 View Post
We should definitely do another Tpalooza!! Let's do it around northern Arkansas...there are lots of great roads south of Eureka Springs. So who's going lead the effort to put this together?!?
Mike, few guys have suggested that area... sooooooo need a "local guy" to take the lead.... not a big task but need to know the roads and timing for the rides, we can assist but don't know the area/roads/events.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #718 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Whoa. Nicely resurrected, Sir Miguel! SO GREAT to drag some of the unusual suspects out of hiding here.

Damn Alex - well done there good chap! Where in NH? Let's DEFINITELY plan on something around that! BTW... we already booked 2x sites for Watkins Glen Vintage Fest again - so... gidde dafukk UP! Muwahahaaaa.

I'm hopeful you southerner's and westerner's pull something off in your locale's... it is f'n *so great* to hoist a bier and turn a wheel (er, simultaneous?) in anger together with these fellow LOONS here. Such great fun, so just not right.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 03-16-2018, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #719 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Mike, few guys have suggested that area... sooooooo need a "local guy" to take the lead.... not a big task but need to know the roads and timing for the rides, we can assist but don't know the area/roads/events.
Iím local, need to know what everyone would want to do. There is enough to keep people busy for a month.

I need some inspiration so tell me whoís interested and what interests you.

We have all kinds of entertainment, silver dollar city, ride badass go-carts, paragliding, all you can eat sea food, music shows, drive twisty roads,paddle wheel show boat ride on table rock lake, barely clad babes at a water park

Google Branson,MO. If you need ideas and get back with me.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #720 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: