Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Pic of my old C2T intercooler. However, the intercooler was modified with a thicker core (S2 style).

http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/gandara_/?action=view&current=DSC00978.jpg

Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Not when I tried to install it on my car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
That is a good question. The C2Turbo did not have a condenser in the back.

Maybe make a new post asking that question.

I belive the Koklen, B&B, and most of the Andial units fit to the side in the area of the original unit.

The C2T dose have a tilt that may let it clip under the end of the 930 condenser.

???

Old 03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Not when I tried to install it on my car...
Did you install the I/C from a 964T in your 930 and kept the stock A/C?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
George: 911st did a great write up of the various stages you can consider. I was pretty much in line with what you want to do and I got together with Brian (RarlyL8) and Ben (M & K) and bought up the various components they talk about, then had Brian pull it all together with a custom Y pipe. Brian and Ben are a great team and put out some great bolt on systems. I went with the K27 7200 also and have been very pleased with the performance and reliability of the car.....but it did take some time, and you will run into issues that will put the skids to your project till you can figure out what's going on.

If I had it to do over, I would have just had Brian and Ben build me the complete system rather than buy up all the parts like I did, then ship it to them. Doing it my way creates problems because all the parts may not be compatible and require custom work. I'll tell you one thing though....you won't find better quality and workmanship than Brian and Ben can crank out. You can beat their prices by going with the cheaper chinese/Taiwanese products that might look pretty, but can be a PIA and can be short lived with cracked welds, fitment issues etc. Follow what 911st said for Stage II and you'll be very pleased....plus the Stage II doesn't overtax your system and is truly the "sweet spot". I'm not the fastest 930 on the block, but I have put a few folks in my rear view mirror....much to their surprise.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Infidel

The C2T intercooler won't fit with the 930 aircon compressor or the condensor, you will also need to remove your rear wiper assembly. Probably the best intercooler you can put on your 930 though, especially if you're on CIS. Blown6 do a copy, but have a look how different the cores are when compared side to side, they will not be as efficient as the real one.
If you wantto leave everything in the stock location you're best to go with the B&B, Garretson, Andial, Ruf style bolt in ones. Or have a look at the GSF one, JMA-RUF has one for sale i believe?

Edit: Here's a pic of my 930 when it had the 964t (C2T) intercooler fitted

87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan

Last edited by JBL930; 03-19-2009 at 03:37 AM..
Old 03-19-2009, 01:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Are you talking about the smaller update compressor?

Or are you just referring to the original one that stands up tall?

Looking at that picture it looks like the later compressor would fit and there should be room for the 930 condenser but not sure enough to say go for it.

Any of those IC's are great for a well tuned turbo.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
Here's what it looks like with the half bay BlownSix intercooler which allowed me to keep my A/C in place..however the B6 is not exactly a bolt-on application and takes some finnegeling to get to fit right. I had to weld some of the mount tabs shut and re-drill the holes that were off as much as 1/2 inch. Once in place, the B6 performs rather well.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: