Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
89 930.

Garage
1978 intercooler?

Hi,

Just wondering what a 1978 intercooler will fit(its on a 78 now)? Or are they all the same?

I have a 1989...

Thx

Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Answer

The IC from a 78 turbo should be able to fit all the way up to an 89 and be a bolt on application. I'm guessing that it is an aftermarket IC that you are looking to buy... the reason why I ask is that you would not want to put a stock one one since it would be the same as yours.

Best of luck. Provide pics when you get them.

Bryan
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Depends on the manufacturer if it's aftermarket and a short neck intercooler that needs the intermediate diverter manifold to fit.
As far as I know all the origonal 930 intercoolers were the same.

The only change in that area of intercooled 930's was the mounting angle position of the auxiliary air slide valve that bypasses some air around the throttle body during cold starts.
Because of that the air hose fitting on some intercoolers like the Garretson halfbay is at a little different angle for different year applications so the hose going to the aux air valve would fit better.
The difference in the hose fitting angle is small and you can cut out sections of preshaped generic heater hose from a watercooled car to make a good fit with different intercoolers and aux air bypass valves and make it look like an origonal fit, if your inclined.
Some people don't like the high idle during cold starts, or the extra weight and clutter of the parts and remove that stuff and plug the fittings.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
89 930.

Garage
Thank-you all,

Im awaiting pic's from seller.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: