Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 930 View Post
Paul,
This is where I got my switches; "onlinecomponents.com". 1220 Olympic Blvd, Santa Monica, Ca., 90404. Fone=414-371-1500. Fax=414-365-3288.
Part number is "831330C1LR". Mfgr. is Crouzet-Schneider. I think that you have to buy a minimum of ten but the switch is only a couple of bucks each.
Good Luck,
The folks at Onlinecomponents.com must be members of this forum and saw a demand surge coming:

Pricing for 831330C1LR
Quantity Price
1 - 9 $6.31
10 - 24 $5.90
25 - 49 $5.46
50 - 99 $5.19
100 - 249 $4.90
250 + $4.64

What price are you willing to pay for heat? Priceless....
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Thanks so much for the detail. I can finally see the path forward for this repair. Gonna order a few of these and fire up a soldering iron.

Will report back once complete (or in the interim if I hit a speed bump).
Old 11-05-2010, 11:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

It Is Alive!

So I finally have my autoheat and footwell blowers working.

I ordered the micro-switches from Onlinecomponents.com (Thanks for the info Scott & Mark) and dove into this yet again.

Here are my findings.

There are two micro-switches mounted on the side of the autoheat control mechanism.

The inboard switch acts as a limit switch. It stops the servo motor when the contact is fully depressed. Wired as shown ...

The outboard switch completes the footwell blower circuit when the contact is fully depressed. Wired as shown ...

I tested each OE switch with a multimeter. The inboard switch was good. The outboard switch failed to complete a circuit in the fully depressed mode.

Ah Ha!

I replaced the outboard microswitch and retested ... Whirrrrrrrrrrrr ... the footwell blowers sprang to life!

I buttoned up everything and sat in the driver's seat to admire my handiwork.

When I reached down and turned the rotary knob to hear the satisfying siren's song of my blowers ..... I got ... silence.

Hmmm. Not what I was expecting. So I tore everything apart to see what I may have missed.

Long story short, the electrical work was done correctly. However for some reason unknown to me, the servo 'fulcrum' was not depressing the new microswitch contact fully enough to clomplete the circuit.

I did some McGuyvering to the fulcrum to fix the problem. I used a screwdriver to expand the gap in the fulcrum by maybe 2mm (at the point indicated in the pic below), moving it closer to the microswitch contact.

Autoheat problem is now solved.

Thank you all for your contributions.

Last edited by Shadetree930; 11-19-2010 at 07:01 PM..
Old 11-14-2010, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Heat for the fall! Far out Paul good on ya.

I have had mine all apart before too and the control unit checked out fine. The issue that I found was that the temperature sensor was too covered in dust and debris. This is the round vent looking thing to the right of the steering column.

There is a small fan behind the grill to move cabin air across the sensor. After cleaning cabin temp actually cycled like it was supposed to. With the age of the cars this would be a good thing to check.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Do you need the knob for the outside air fan lever? I have spare knob but would have to check to see if it is that particular one.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Thanks for the offer Paul. Since the picture was taken I purchased some knobs. Enjoy the heat!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

I've been troubleshooting my autoheat system for about a week now. The prices for replacement components is unbelievable and worse yet may not be available. i found that my heat duct sensor (external) has failed open. I had a supplier tell me that the sensor would be over $600...if they could even get it!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: