Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Talking Finally Done Strosek 930 What do you think !!!

Just got back after a year from the Body shop, the interior shop, and then the service shop. 2,000 on the engine 8.0 cr, powerhaus stage 3 turbo, tons of head work, 964 cams, ic, exhaust, Wow it runs better than i ever thought it would. Had the car completely stripped all glass taken out then repainted the shop used self healing clearcoat from sherwin williams, and then the interior redone, with new carpet, door panels, and some redying. I am ready for your praises and critisism.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Even though I am not a fan of the Strosek front lights, the car looks really good. I bet you are glad to be driving it again... one thing... you must get rid of the shifter boot!!!! Looks like a big pen!s, that you have to grab ahold of every time you shift!!! Look into these shifters....

http://www.hargettprecision.com/index.php?cPath=36
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-3584RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 06-14-2009, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Car looks nice! Tell us more about this self healing paint. How does that work.

Oh and #1 on getting the sifter boot circumcised.

I though the same thing before reading turborat's post.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sorry never noticed the profile view of the shift boot will get fixed, the clear was from sherwin williams i was told it is used on mercedes slr mcclaren, my car was in the body shop and he gave the body shop manager the clear for free to use the car for photos and he told me the clear is if you get fine scratches in the finish that it will heal them in the sunlight i was sceptical about it until i read some articles the bonus side to it is that it is suprisingly hardened we had a tough time color sanding and buffing it, the pictures dont do justice it is glaring to look at if you type self healing clearcoat into google you will find more info on it.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I am just wondering how much do you guy think this cars worth it is a 1986 930 turbo bought it after the conversion as a rebuilt salvage, the motor has 2k miles on it and the body paint and everything has been replaced i am contemplating getting a 997 twin turbo ? but will probably keep this one ?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Post some pics of the engine shot from above, and then below, when the car is on a lift.

Since the engine has had some work done to it, and the body has the Strosek kit on it, you will be hitting a smaller crowd if you want to sell it. You will need to find that one special person that wants exactly what you have. The salvage title will hurt you as well. I say, if you have the engine work all documented, and dont want to get rid of it in a hurry (IE: you are willing to wait for that special person), then I think you might be able to get low 20's for it. With a clear title, maybe mid to upper 20's...but like I said, it would be a waiting game. (and that pricing may be optimistic)
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-3584RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk

Last edited by turbobrat930; 06-14-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Old 06-14-2009, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Very nice. What color would you call that? Blindingly white? Xtreme arctic white? Ohio winter white?
Old 06-14-2009, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Are you Crockett or Tubbs? j/k

The car looks great, but the salvage title will scare off some potential buyers. It will also affect the pricing for the car. I think turbobrat is spot on regarding the pricing and our current car market.
14 535i M Sport
Old 06-14-2009, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I was thinking of selling it for 20k so thats good that i am not far off, as for the color its white basecoat untinted it is actually whiter in person but looks amazing at night.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Engine and under carriage pictures would help... Also, Fuch wheels...; however, more money into a salvage titled car? may be not.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
18K tops
AMG V8 SL55 Mercedes, 993 C2, 86' Carrera 3.6 hot rod, Purple 1998 993 that didn't make the cut, 3 very old 930s, A/Fuel Dragster CH3NO2 (R.I.P.), Blown Alcohol TAD, AA/AA, 360 Maxim wingless, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Amateur Welder, Painter and sculptor sort of. -
Old 06-15-2009, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenshane237 View Post
I was thinking of selling it for 20k so thats good that i am not far off, as for the color its white basecoat untinted it is actually whiter in person but looks amazing at night.
Do you have the records on the engine rebuild? If so, you might do better parting the car. The engine and tranny will get you a tidy sum, as will the interior. Then just sell the rolling chassis.
14 535i M Sport
Old 06-15-2009, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Where is the car?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

the car is located in ohio around akron area, i will try to take some pictures of the engine above and below as soon as i get it on a rack.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Great stuff man, fantastic.
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 06-17-2009, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Awww crap!

I meant TURBOBRAT not "turborat" like I typed it above.

Sorry bout that dude was totally a typo!

As they say...............My bad.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocarrier View Post
Awww crap!

I meant TURBOBRAT not "turborat" like I typed it above.

Sorry bout that dude was totally a typo!

As they say...............My bad.
HAHA, I laughed when I read it.... Its cool.... If I got mad at something like that...I would need to be medicated!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

There is too much white you need to break it up with some other colors even the black from the shark fender guard.

-or-

Different rims that are less bling. Rims can transform a car.

Yasin
Old 06-19-2009, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Beautiful!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Looks great and that is a lot of car for the money. The conversion is a double edged sword, some won't like it but it makes the car more unique. I like bone stock cars, but good customs make life much more interesting.

Dan

Old 06-23-2009, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: