Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Beautiful car. Will you sell it? What a wonderful colour! I would have the engine dropped and gone through.

One thing is for sure though,, this car is not, nor never, meant to be put in a museum! It is meant to be driven!

If you do sell it, please don't sell it to someone that will put it in a bubble to look at. That would be such a huge waste!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
DP935 member

The rear center reflector seems to be broken. The section on the drivers side of the reflector is gone.

You may know that but not sure.

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 07-06-2009, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycarguy 935 View Post
The rear center reflector seems to be broken. The section on the drivers side of the reflector is gone.

You may know that but not sure.
two things in the car then i got in it a front rubber spoiler lip
and the rear lens the guy who trucked it did both, but have not touch it yet.
but thank you for the feedback!! and looking at the video!!

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-07-2009 at 08:35 AM..
Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
Beautiful car. Will you sell it? What a wonderful colour! I would have the engine dropped and gone through.

One thing is for sure though,, this car is not, nor never, meant to be put in a museum! It is meant to be driven!

If you do sell it, please don't sell it to someone that will put it in a bubble to look at. That would be such a huge waste!
two ways to go, start it and drive
the wheels off it!!!!!

or

I can buy one if need to drive one , but ten years this will be one hell
of a story !!!!

and i think it willl be the only one left unmolested and under a 50 miles!!!!

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-06-2009 at 04:31 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

You'll have more fun stories driving it.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 930 View Post
two ways to go, start it and drive
the wheels off it!!!!!

or

I can buy one if need to drive one , but ten years this will be one hell
of a story !!!!

and i think it will be the only one left unmolested and under a 50 miles!!!!
When you leave this earth,, I hope that wringing out a 930 as raw and wonderful as that one would be one of the stories you had the pleasure of speaking about,, and not one that pathetically stayed below the 50 mile marque.

That would be a wasted story in any circle.

Live life,, don't watch it go by through others' stories. That car is begging to be driven. If not by you, then someone else.

Just my thoughts. Museum pieces are meant for old people and corporations.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
struggled to hold back, succuming to my feebleness

So

My wife is hawwwt with a *schmokin* bod (after 3 kids to boot!) - what - I'm supposed to just 'look at' her too???

I don't get it.

Cool find (really), but I don't get it - at all. Sorry. Cars are made to be driven. Build a model or something. What a waste.

Oh man was I dying over the bit about July being the 5th month in one dem vids, better than reality TV that was. And that was your daughter posing? Golly I wouldn't be parading my daughters as such but hey that's just me. And then I was struggling to understand the 4min of the ashtray / glove box, had to stop watching as the motion sickness was getting me, reading was senselss as the typing was hard to read.

regardless

(SORRY I'm being a *total* pennis here - I need another beer or 5 apparently)...

welcome (srsly), congrats on the find, and please enjoy it 'some' way other than 'looking at it'. Me I'd LOVE to hear some stories about them Fuhrmann seats after mile 1284 or something...

8-), of course

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-06-2009, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
struggled to hold back, succuming to my feebleness

So

My wife is hawwwt with a *schmokin* bod (after 3 kids to boot!) - what - I'm supposed to just 'look at' her too???

I don't get it.

Cool find (really), but I don't get it - at all. Sorry. Cars are made to be driven. Build a model or something. What a waste.

Oh man was I dying over the bit about July being the 5th month in one dem vids, better than reality TV that was. And that was your daughter posing? Golly I wouldn't be parading my daughters as such but hey that's just me. And then I was struggling to understand the 4min of the ashtray / glove box, had to stop watching as the motion sickness was getting me, reading was senselss as the typing was hard to read.

regardless

(SORRY I'm being a *total* pennis here - I need another beer or 5 apparently)...

welcome (srsly), congrats on the find, and please enjoy it 'some' way other than 'looking at it'. Me I'd LOVE to hear some stories about them Fuhrmann seats after mile 1284 or something...

8-), of course
That was not my daughter and as far typing so be it! .
Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

'87 930 45k
paul
sorry but you must think mileage means something!!!!

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-07-2009 at 09:10 AM..
Old 07-06-2009, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
That was not my daughter and as far typing so be it! .
Do what you want with the car. I'd probably do the same as you as it is a museum piece. I rarely drive my 964 turbo because I hate putting mileage on that car as it is @ 20k right now. If you want fun with a 930, just buy another one and have fun driving that around. That is what I do!

About 4 years ago a friend had a pristine 79 930 with 1400 miles on it. A customer wanted the car and so it was sold to him. It comes in for regular maintenance/repairs, but I cringe when I look at the mileage in excess of 50k nowdays. He also let his car roll off his driveway into a ravine. Luckily a tree stopped its progress, but it also left a dent in the front bumper.
14 535i M Sport
Old 07-06-2009, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

1979 930, You prolly already know but Mothers "Back to Black" works wonders on all rubber
items including them faded Rock Guards on your rear flairs.

May take a few treatments, but the results are amazing!

Btw, nice find! I watched all the vids...good luck!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ View Post
Do what you want with the car. I'd probably do the same as you as it is a museum piece. I rarely drive my 964 turbo because I hate putting mileage on that car as it is @ 20k right now. If you want fun with a 930, just buy another one and have fun driving that around. That is what I do!

About 4 years ago a friend had a pristine 79 930 with 1400 miles on it. A customer wanted the car and so it was sold to him. It comes in for regular maintenance/repairs, but I cringe when I look at the mileage in excess of 50k nowdays. He also let his car roll off his driveway into a ravine. Luckily a tree stopped its progress, but it also left a dent in the front bumper.
The car I want to drive is miura sv .that one i will drive.
and I do have a 930 anytime i want to go for a drive

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-08-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Oh man, I'm sorry but this thread just kills me, you seem like a great dude, but seeing someone not really that into 'Porshes' fumbling around with that baby with no intentions of even firing it.... It's driving me to drink.... I can't take this anymore.
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 07-07-2009, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Keep the Miura in the garage. Parts for that are nowhere to be found. And are space program expensive.

If i recall, front rotors for that car were somewhere around $4000.00

Keep that in the museum.

Also, what are you plans for the engine in the 930? I am really curious how much work would be needed to get her running again.

I wonder what kind of condition the fuel system is in with it being empty for so long in our humid climate.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Talk about getting lucky.. If i'm not mistaken, someone left all these cars to you??
Old 07-07-2009, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris2600 View Post
Talk about getting lucky.. If i'm not mistaken, someone left all these cars to you??
No had to buy them , knew about the cars for fifteen years while
the onwer lived in a gated community.

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-07-2009 at 09:12 AM..
Old 07-07-2009, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
No had to buy them , knew about the cars for fifteen years while
the onwer lived in a gated community.
That's awesome man.. Congrats.. He bought all these cars and had no interest in driving them? I would ask how much you paid for the 930 but if that's too personal for you don't bother answering.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris2600 View Post
That's awesome man.. Congrats.. He bought all these cars and had no interest in driving them? I would ask how much you paid for the 930 but if that's too personal for you don't bother answering.
i think he knew he was not going to be driving for a while. as far as what i paid (would you believe me if i told you any ways) but i will say i had too buy all fourteen cars and the deal was made over many years. had to buy alot of
cigarettes!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

That is some story and cars you have gotten yourself there. As far as the 930 goes it should be in a museum or such. There are thousands of driver 930's but as a reference car it should be left alone. Plus to get her going will cost you about 1/2 what a 930 would cost anyway.

No insult meant but from some of the vids it does not appear that you are a serious car guy. PLEASE do yourself a favor and bring that car to a REAL shop that knows how to deal with a car of that importance. Going to PEP Boys and getting some turtle wax, WD40 and assorted other spray cans is going to make a mess out of that car. Even the paint requires care after all those years. Hate to see you make a mess or ruin something.

Enjoy and do as you wish as they are yours!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANNA930 View Post
That is some story and cars you have gotten yourself there. As far as the 930 goes it should be in a museum or such. There are thousands of driver 930's but as a reference car it should be left alone. Plus to get her going will cost you about 1/2 what a 930 would cost anyway.

No insult meant but from some of the vids it does not appear that you are a serious car guy. PLEASE do yourself a favor and bring that car to a REAL shop that knows how to deal with a car of that importance. Going to PEP Boys and getting some turtle wax, WD40 and assorted other spray cans is going to make a mess out of that car. Even the paint requires care after all those years. Hate to see you make a mess or ruin something.

Enjoy and do as you wish as they are yours!!!
No insult taken !!!!!!!! Thank
you for watching the videos they were posted to share!! As far as the cleaning of the cars I
own a shop the does yacht detailing and I employ ten guys that do just that!!
As far as the mechanical I'm three back in line for Richard Devers' shop in Hallendale
Fl, he has been working on these cars since the cars were new!! The 911 goes first!!

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-07-2009 at 08:49 PM..
Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: