Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocarrier View Post
oh and i'm just down the road here in pines. If you need help. Just let me know.
any time you would like too see the car please pm a phone number

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-09-2009 at 04:44 PM..
Old 07-09-2009, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

here are a couple of cell mates of my porsches.
two jps lotus's they build a 100 of these, i have #100 and #006
#100 has 84 miles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hukiMK3kpZE

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-09-2009 at 06:03 PM..
Old 07-09-2009, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Dixie Boost Hooligan

Up to now I have watched this thread develop with tortured amusement on many levels. But, I've been called out here; Yes, I was also a skeptic about the 38 mile 930... until I met with Ed to see for myself the cars he kept talking about stored away in a warehouse. I was there to see them first and shot the initial videos of their unveiling. The cars are real and the mileage reported on each is accurate.
However, as was said in an earlier post "that car could be WAYS APPART from a museum piece, unless fully restored" is also an accurate statement. The cars were not stored in any manner resembling collector standards. The reasons for taking off the headlight sugar scoop trim rings, removing the fog lights, the signal lenses wrapping all of it in newspaper to be stored in a cardboard box escapes me. To be fair the 930 has some significant paint issues. The paint on almost every panel appears to have suffered some kind of distortion creating areas that could be described as severe orange peel. The cars were found with cloth covers and apparently have been covered since new for 30 years. Did this affect the paint? Was the defect a result of the paint to sample mixture? The Fuhrmann seats though rare and an expensive option at the time, are bizarre at best and appear as they could have also been designed by the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man.
I have tried to counsel my friend Ed that these cars and their needs at present are way beyond his mechanical understanding and abilities. All the sytems fluids etc, rubber bits, seals and gaskets, etc etc need to be well sorted before they can be safely driven.
To drive, restore, sell??? If an independent Porsche wrench is employed...
The cars will require significant financial expense to bring them up to a useable standard. Then what? The value will go down if the miles go up. I've recommended he sell the cars to someone who is capable and willing; spend the proceeds on something he can drive and enjoy as his first Porsche experience. If its another 79 930...Ok great but there are many well sorted 930's or other 911's that will provide lots of thrill without the issues these cars present. In the end they are Ed's cars and he wil do with them what he wants.
Ed, how bout some pictures of that Miura? Holy bat ****! That will be a project for a true masochist with a very large bank account!

Last edited by turbo3six; 07-09-2009 at 07:18 PM..
Old 07-09-2009, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo3six View Post
Up to now I have watched this thread develop with tortured amusement on many levels. But, I've been called out here; Yes, I was also a skeptic about the 38 mile 930... until I met with Ed to see for myself the cars he kept talking about stored away in a warehouse. I was there to see them first and shot the initial videos of their unveiling. The cars are real and the mileage reported on each is accurate.
However, as was said in an earlier post "that car could be WAYS APPART from a museum piece, unless fully restored" is also an accurate statement. The cars were not stored in any manner resembling collector standards. The reasons for taking off the headlight sugar scoop trim rings, removing the fog lights, the signal lenses wrapping all of it in newspaper to be stored in a cardboard box escapes me. To be fair the 930 has some significant paint issues. The paint on almost every panel appears to have suffered some kind of distortion creating areas that could be described as severe orange peel. The cars were found with cloth covers and apparently have been covered since new for 30 years. Did this affect the paint? Was the defect a result of the paint to sample mixture? The Fuhrmann seats though rare and an expensive option at the time, are bizarre at best and appear as they could have also been designed by the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man.
I have tried to counsel my friend Ed that these cars and their needs at present are way beyond his mechanical understanding and abilities. All the sytems fluids etc, rubber bits, seals and gaskets, etc etc need to be well sorted before they can be safely driven.
The cars will require significant financial expense to bring them up to a useable standard. Then what? The value will go down if the miles go up. I've recommended he sell the cars to someone who is capable and willing; spend the proceeds on something he can drive and enjoy as his first Porsche experience. If its another 79 930...Ok great but there are many well sorted 930's or other 911's that will provide lots of thrill without the issues these cars present. In the end they are Ed's cars and he wil do with them what he wants.
Ed, how bout some pictures of that Miura? Holy bat ****! That will be a project for a true masochist with a very large bank account!
I knew if I used your name you would show up!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

WTH Ed?...is everyday Christmas around your house now Lotus's...Enjoy them all!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Quote:
How about I just drive one of yours !!! (The stay puff man) ,that was just not right!!!

and about the miura just not ready for all that typing !!! this is not my fortay

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-09-2009 at 08:03 PM..
Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
Gasoline User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 930 View Post
Anyone know Sloane with a 1979 930 with 5000 miles blood orange
west plam.
Thanks for posting about your 930, Ed...I really enjoy seeing the pictures.

I know Sloane...heck of a nice guy. He used to post here on occasion, but haven't heard from him in awhile. I've seen his blood orange 930 and it looks brand new. Hereis a pic when he displayed it at RR III in Daytona.

2013 Cayenne GTS Schwarz
2014 911 GT3 Rhodium Silber
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Wow congrats!!! Did you ever get an answer on the jack points? If you are going to jack up the rear use a block of wood or a phone book and place it behind the sump plate.

I like seeing these finds, good for you. There are some funny moments in your videos though like the dog barking and you fumbling to get the hood open and then cramming the PORSH broom in there.

If it was me I would have that thing rolling, the museum...whatever.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1974carrera View Post

I know Sloane...heck of a nice guy. He used to post here on occasion, but haven't heard from him in awhile. I've seen his blood orange 930 and it looks brand new. Hereis a pic when he displayed it at RR III in Daytona.

this is the first and only time sugar scoop headlights have looked good...
Old 07-09-2009, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1974carrera View Post

Thank you he has come to the house to see the cars ! i'm going to see his cars this weekend !
He has told me that his car has some of the same paint issues as my cars have
looking forward to seeing them!!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbush67 View Post
Wow congrats!!! Did you ever get an answer on the jack points? If you are going to jack up the rear use a block of wood or a phone book and place it behind the sump plate.

I like seeing these finds, good for you. There are some funny moments in your videos though like the dog barking and you fumbling to get the hood open and then cramming the PORSH broom in there.

If it was me I would have that thing rolling, the museum...whatever.
That is a porsche broom NOT PUSH BROOM
where in the hell is (oahu)
Old 07-09-2009, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

You gotta go to Oahu if you've never been!

It's in Hawaii.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Blood orange? Looks like Phoenix Red to me; that is a sweet car, I don't think I could not drive it, were my name on the title.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)
Dixie Boost Hooligan

Quote:
(The stay puff man) ,that was just not right!!!
OK so you take offense to my Stay Puff Man comparison; I've thought about it and decided that to be fair and in keeping with an automotive theme... a better comparison of the puffy pillow Fuhrmann seats is in order. Perhaps Bibendum had a hand in their design?

Fuhrmann Seat a $4,000 option in '79

Designed in 1929, the Bibendum was named by Eileen Gray after Michelin’s Bibendum Man.

Whatever the design origin of the seats ...ummm... are they just plain goofy?

never seen them before or after...might be a reason.
Give me Sports Seats...thank you!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Quote:
OK so you take offense to my Stay Puff Man comparison; I've thought about it and decided that to be fair and in keeping with an automotive theme... a better comparison of the puffy pillow Fuhrmann seats is in order. Perhaps Bibendum had a hand in their design?

WOW with freinds like you Who needs the (pelican parts abuse team) . Maybe I can just part the seats out put them in a museum .
You know the most expensive things are allways the best, just ask a woman!!!!

Fuhrmann Seat a $4,000 option in '79

Designed in 1929, the Bibendum was named by Eileen Gray after Michelin’s Bibendum Man.

Whatever the design origin of the seats ...ummm... are they just plain goofy?

never seen them before or after...might be a reason.
Give me Sports Seats...thank you!
WOW with freinds like you Who needs the (pelican parts abuse team) .Maybe I can just part the seats out put them in a museum .

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-10-2009 at 06:53 AM..
Old 07-10-2009, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Mr Sloan is very conversant on early 930 cars and would be a great person to set it right or give you the best advise on how to proceed with it. He has been an interested party in the Red/Black (new never driven or titled )signature (last 50) of the early 930 cars that has been collector kept and maintained that I mentioned previously, and not shy to make a market correct offer. He would be one of the first I would recontact if the before mentioned 930 is ever really seriously for sale.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-10-2009 at 09:14 AM..
Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

hmmmmmmm.... nice informative videos...

Old 07-10-2009, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Quote:
WOW with freinds like you Who needs the (pelican parts abuse team) .Maybe I can just part the seats out put them in a museum .
Other than the color, looks like the same seats in this car..
shaken - not stirred: Martini anyone?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfairman View Post
other than the color, looks like the same seats in this car..
shaken - not stirred: Martini anyone?
I don't care who you are ,that is some funny ****!!!!!

Last edited by 1979 930; 07-10-2009 at 01:02 PM..
Old 07-10-2009, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: