Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Adrenaline Junkie
 
Hayabusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mukilteo by the Sea
Posts: 886
Garage
** PAGE EIGHT **

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 930 View Post
Wow !! must be nice being that smart. You know Seattle has the highest suicide
rate .
Dude, I am just busting your chops. I'd love to hear you get passionate about driving it,,, unless you are old and have already registered it to a museum.

Maybe I am missing the point in all the time that I have been away from your thread. These 930's are cool cars, as I am sure you know. A lot of people have a lot of passion for them. I just hope you are one. Don't take it personally. Maybe you are one of those that should have one!

I wish you the best.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)
Registered User
 
1979 930's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
I was just at the ford dealer and they had a red 928 tucked back in a corner of the detail shop that had fuhrmann seats in it.
pic's would be nice, what color?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering
 
gsmith660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,175
It was red and the guy is evil I was only out there trying to negotiate a price on a car for a friend but there is no way in hell I would go back there to take pics sorry.
__________________
" Porsche there is no substitute" I always liked that saying. Air cooled is the only way to go!
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)
Registered User
 
1979 930's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
It was red and the guy is evil I was only out there trying to negotiate a price on a car for a friend but there is no way in hell I would go back there to take pics sorry.
Boy that must have been a very low offer on the car he has .
First rule never get mad just kept offering less!!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering
 
gsmith660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,175
No the reason he is evil is he is a swindler a used car dealer with a big 3 dealership he offered my mom a trade in of 850 for a 3 year old merc. sable with less than 30000 miles on it for another sable loaded. I caught his service manager doing a recall on my brake lights by spliceing in wire with crimp fittings so he wouldn't have to use the factory supplied wire harness. The car I was out there to get a price on was a 85 crown vic and he wanted 2800 for it not running. I wasn't mad at the price he had on the car just the lowlife that owns the dealership, the couple i went out there for is in a hard way with cancer and other problems and I was just trying to help I offered 1500 and he said 2800 (book was 1750) was the lowest he could go because he had put money in it. So I asked the salesman to come out front and I pointed at my car and said I have probably 60000 invested but I would be dreaming to get 20000 for it. having money in a car doesn't warrent jacking the price up. Then I left and told him if he changed his mind to call me. When I got there the owner pulled in ahead of me and he got out of his car and looked at me and then looked at the car and sneered at me and walked toward the door he let the door close on me, we really don't like each other.
__________________
" Porsche there is no substitute" I always liked that saying. Air cooled is the only way to go!
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)
Registered User
 
1979 930's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
No the reason he is evil is he is a swindler a used car dealer with a big 3 dealership he offered my mom a trade in of 850 for a 3 year old merc. sable with less than 30000 miles on it for another sable loaded. I caught his service manager doing a recall on my brake lights by spliceing in wire with crimp fittings so he wouldn't have to use the factory supplied wire harness. The car I was out there to get a price on was a 85 crown vic and he wanted 2800 for it not running. I wasn't mad at the price he had on the car just the lowlife that owns the dealership, the couple i went out there for is in a hard way with cancer and other problems and I was just trying to help I offered 1500 and he said 2800 (book was 1750) was the lowest he could go because he had put money in it. So I asked the salesman to come out front and I pointed at my car and said I have probably 60000 invested but I would be dreaming to get 20000 for it. having money in a car doesn't warrent jacking the price up. Then I left and told him if he changed his mind to call me. When I got there the owner pulled in ahead of me and he got out of his car and looked at me and then looked at the car and sneered at me and walked toward the door he let the door close on me, we really don't like each other.
Man where is not one good thing in that whole story I would never go back!!
I have a lincion you can have, just have to come get it 40,000 miles black on black
1980.was sitting from 1982
Old 07-20-2009, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)
 
Registered User
 
1979 930's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
** PAGE EIGHT **



Dude, I am just busting your chops. I'd love to hear you get passionate about driving it,,, unless you are old and have already registered it to a museum.

Maybe I am missing the point in all the time that I have been away from your thread. These 930's are cool cars, as I am sure you know. A lot of people have a lot of passion for them. I just hope you are one. Don't take it personally. Maybe you are one of those that should have one!

I wish you the best.
Dude, just busting your chops back. The passion I have is to not f*** up a
nice car.I think driving this one would do just that !! I have a offer on my boat
so will use some of that play $$ to buy a nice driver and maybe get some
of that passoin you write about for 930's!!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite
 
NathanUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 2,002
Garage
Plenty of other 930's out there that are drivers IMO.
__________________
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
** PAGE EIGHT **



Dude, I am just busting your chops. I'd love to hear you get passionate about driving it,,, unless you are old and have already registered it to a museum.

Maybe I am missing the point in all the time that I have been away from your thread. These 930's are cool cars, as I am sure you know. A lot of people have a lot of passion for them. I just hope you are one. Don't take it personally. Maybe you are one of those that should have one!

I wish you the best.
Chris, i sent you a PM
__________________
Charles
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 07-21-2009, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)
Registered User
 
1979 930's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUK View Post
Plenty of other 930's out there that are drivers IMO.
OK I GIVE UP!!!!!!! (IMO) WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN????????
Old 07-21-2009, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...
 
A930Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Posts: 7,359
IMO = In my opinion.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)
Registered User
 
1979 930's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
IMO = In my opinion.
Do you know a boat at the city docks THEMIS 156 trinity. a guy by the
name of motley
Old 07-21-2009, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie
 
Hayabusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mukilteo by the Sea
Posts: 886
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellison View Post
Chris, i sent you a PM
Hit you back Charles. Man, I can't believe you missed out on my car. I wish you had it. I haven't a clue as to where it is now. ,,and I have the maroni to give that person.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...
 
A930Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Posts: 7,359
No, I sure don't. Sounds like the law firm guy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 930 View Post
Do you know a boat at the city docks THEMIS 156 trinity. a guy by the
name of motley
Old 07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)
Registered User
 
1979 930's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
No, I sure don't. Sounds like the law firm guy though.
That is the guy!! big bucks likes fast cars !!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #156 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cl8ton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 1,533
Ed do you have any more info on the direction your gonna take with that 930?
How about some more pics front lid open...fuse box exposed! yea its a fetish
__________________
Rod...
2010 - 997 PDK, Black on Black, Daily driver.
1987 - 930 Grand Prix White, Not looking for crazy HP, just harmony!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #157 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...
 
A930Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Posts: 7,359
He's one of the guys (Mottley and Rice Law Firm) that won the HUGE lawsuit against the tobacco companies years ago. They do big lawsuits like 9/11, airline crashes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 930 View Post
That is the guy!! big bucks likes fast cars !!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #158 (permalink)
 
Registered User
 
1979 930's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
He's one of the guys (Mottley and Rice Law Firm) that won the HUGE lawsuit against the tobacco companies years ago. They do big lawsuits like 9/11, airline crashes, etc.
He was one of my HUGE sells spent a lot of time in mt pleasant great town!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #159 (permalink)
Registered User
 
1979 930's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl8ton View Post
Ed do you have any more info on the direction your gonna take with that 930?
How about some more pics front lid open...fuse box exposed! yea its a fetish
Sorry I got the post but the car is under the vette right now.
I know this sounds like **** but I had to buy a enclosed trailer to put two cars in
and am building a temp structure to house the others.
I just have not been able to touch that car yet but will take pic of the fuse box for you.

As far as the direction I have talked to alot of guys and it seems like two types of porsche owners, race guys and purists both very passionate about their do's and
don'ts .
I trying to figure out which one I am !!!! just do not want to **** this car up playing with it before I know what I doing!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #160 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:34 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.