Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2.7 oil return

Hey:

Finally have enough parts to start my conversion. I'm using a BAE connector pipe with a T3 turbo on the driver's side. Should i plumb the oil return into the passenger side cam chain cover?

Would someone out there with a 2.7 turbo post a pic of their return plumbing please?

Thanks

Pat

'74 911 options delete no sunroof. lowered, swaybars, tie bar, braided brake lines, corner balanced, "s" gauges, 993tt seats, Momo wheel and knob, 993 mirrors, blacked out window trim, H4's, short gearing, S pistons, stand alone EFI, other stuff.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Just curious, are you using the original Rayjay turbo?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Mine goes into the sump plate.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 07-19-2009, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

My sump plate is flat, what year is that plate from?

I am using a Garrett T3 TB0339 from an SPG Saab 900.

Pat
'74 911 options delete no sunroof. lowered, swaybars, tie bar, braided brake lines, corner balanced, "s" gauges, 993tt seats, Momo wheel and knob, 993 mirrors, blacked out window trim, H4's, short gearing, S pistons, stand alone EFI, other stuff.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

That is an aftermarket sump plate that Ben had on his car and he welded a drain on to it he sold it to me when he went to a scavenge pump setup You could adapt a fitting to your drain line or I would get a new alu. sump plate and have a welder modify it for you the consensus is that draining back to the sump is better than the chain cover.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the tip on the cover. Is Ben the same Ben from M&K?

Is your cover "domed" on the bottom?

Mine is flat. Do you know who made yours?

Thanks

pat
Old 07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Happiest when Tinkering

Yes, Ben from M&K and it is domed and Ben made it. I dont know if he has any more but you can get any welder to tig you one.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: