Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
sh#t the bed Brad, that's sweet, the standard castings of GTs are pretty ordinary I think, the TiAL housings takes care of that...
Thanks... the cost when buying a new turbo ( to add the cast SS exhaust housing) was only $40 bucks more... If you have a used turbo, and want to buy the SS housing, it was about $400 bucks ( Tial assembles the turbos in house, so they never use the cast iron housing, so most of the cost of the SS housing is absorbed)

For this turbo, it was right around $1400 bucks, and that included all of the V-band clamps

Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-3584RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 07-26-2009, 12:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

I am also not saying that the Garrett GT series turbos are the best... but they are on the cutting edge of technology, just as precision turbos. To be honest, I really dont care for the KKK series of turbos. I know there are some variants of them they are a far cry from the OEM stuff, but I still dont care for them..... but that is my opinion.

I would say either Garrett or Precision Turbos.... and nothing else... ( if you are EFI) .... if you are CIS...then I would say you can run anything including some of the modded KKK stuff that is out there.
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-3584RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 07-26-2009, 12:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

just to throw another name in the hat, I'm extremely pleased with my triple ceramic bb comp turbo. its their CT61 model and it edges out my old GT35r. plus their customer service is great.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 07-26-2009, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
I am running a GT37CR it is a custom turbo with ceramic bearings the spool is unreal and the power is very linear but it seems that the displacement, compression ratio, and timing has more to do with my low end power than the turbo although it is pushing .9 bar by 2600 rpm.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 07-26-2009, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Doug Siegel

What are the compressor and exhaust sizes on those turbo's? (CT61 and GT37CR)

Lincoln, I'm assuming the GT37CR is a Garrett.

I believe these turbos are supposed to be water cooled. How much shorter is the life expectancy when cooling them with oil?
88' blk/blk 930: Haltech EFI, Twin Plug, Pauter Rods, Nascar Bearings, custom crank work, dowel pinned case, ported manifold and heads, Kokeln I/C, SC Cams, Turbonetics ball bearing 62-1, BB headers, RARLYL8 Zork, additional 993 oil filter, plx/inyourface gage, RS style coilover, Fikse FM10-17 wheels, TIAL 46mm 1 bar. (where the heck did all my money go?)
Old 07-26-2009, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Comp Turbo comes with a 1 year no fault warrenty. they told me to just leave the water ports open and don't shut her down hot and It wouldn't affect the turbo life.

taken from their site:
Description: TO4S T4 turbocharger with a CT61 Comp wheel P trim turbine wheel .58 tangential turbine housing with 3V-band. Perfect for 2.0 to 3.2 liter engines with power levels up to 625 HP
Manufactured By: Comp Turbo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available Options:
Turbine Wheel Options Turbine Housing Options
Stage 1 .36 T3 4 Bolt NP
Stage 2 .48 T3 4 Bolt NP or 5 Bolt GP
Stage 3 .63 T3 4 bolt NP or 5 Bolt GP
Stage 4 .82 T3 Non port 4 bolt 2.5”
Stage 5 V band outlet available on NP Housing 2.5”,3”
P Trim .58 T4 Divided 3” or 3.5” V-band
MQ Trim .68 T4 Undivided 3” or 3.5” V-band
Q Trim .70 T4 Divided 3” or 3.5” V-band
.81 T4 Undivided 3" or 3.5" V-band

I'm using the .63 hotside.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 07-26-2009, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
just to throw another name in the hat, I'm extremely pleased with my triple ceramic bb comp turbo. its their CT61 model and it edges out my old GT35r. plus their customer service is great.
Pete,

You forgot to mention the unbelievable sound of your turbo.

Pete has a Zork tube from RarlyL8, and his car sounds like a freakin' lear jet. The turbine whistle from your CT61 just sounds so cool. I can't speak at all to the performance, but I would buy one for my car just to have that sound.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

No zork tube for me They do sound mean though! Here is what I run off my turbo

Old 07-26-2009, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: