Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porschaholic

Garage
fuel pump delima

Greetings boyz your tard P-Car Regular here...

Okay, so I had a bad back injury and my car sat for about 2 1/2 weeks... I had my girl on trickle charge and all was good. The day came when I could actually get inside her (don't get all upside down, you know what I mean) any she was turning over strong but would not fire. I could not here my front fuel pump so I knew there was an issue. Keep in mind I just had the front front fuel pump replaced. So I changed out fuel pump relays I & II plus the fuel pump fuse, and still no fire. I tested the electrical and if I grounded it... it indicated power to the pump but still no fire when removed.

So gent respectively I ask respectfully... what the ***** is my major malfunction?

1986 930 Meteor Grey
Yes it's fast... and no you can't drive it!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Check and make sure you have fire by pulling the coil wire to see if there is a spark.

If that's good, I'd pull the blue connector off the back of the air metering plate. Try to crank the engine.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Check and make sure you have fire by pulling the coil wire to see if there is a spark.

If that's good, I'd pull the blue connector off the back of the air metering plate. Try to crank the engine.

With the key on, you should hear the pumps fire up immediately when you pull that connector off. At that point, crank the engine over and she should start. If not, then it's not fuel related.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Porschaholic

Garage
I don't think I was clear due to a typo... the problem is that I do not hear the front pump fire at all... silence. Maybe I'm in denial that the new fuel pump is bad.

1986 930 Meteor Grey
Yes it's fast... and no you can't drive it!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Can you jump the 30 and 87 connections (IIRC) at the front relay to get it to run? Otherwise, I'd check the wiring to and possibly run a new wire to it.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: