Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Well, just to give everyone an update.. i am now the proud owner of one beastly little noble... unforutnately, its going to be a fight all week to have her ready for our little get together, i lost the clutch on the 800mile trip home from st louis!! could my luck be any worse?? the answer to that question is no! haha
but i'm working on getting a unit taken care of so i can have her ready! otherwise your going to have to admire her sitting over at speedwerks with the black car!! so if anyone is feeling charitable i'm taking donations to get her fixed this week! haha
Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #181 (permalink)

sorry to hear about the clutch man.. that sucks... but look on the bright side.. i'll be picking up that black 930 come december... LOL... how was the drive down before the clutch went out???
Old 11-01-2009, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #182 (permalink)

Garage
What? no road trip impressions or pix (at least before the clutch went)?

Sorry to hear that brad, looks like we're in the same boat.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 11-01-2009, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #183 (permalink)

Justin - at this point i think we would be financially smarter to by a couple boats!!! lol!!

Haha.. sorry i've been in a funk the past 24hrs since it went out... well to recap a little, we got going in st louis in the middle of the huge storm.. and stayed with it, so unfortunately i have only been able to scratch the surface of really driving the car... haha
Its kind of hard to put into words what it has been like to drive the car, its been so surreal, getting in and comfortable is like taking bath in alcantara, the 1 piece carbon buckets are just right too. Once going theres a couple of things that are immediately apparent, one is that commanding the car is almost telepathic, its not twitchy or jerky, but god can it turn quick, and the brakes are so immensly powerful, feel like they could bring a car twice the weight down from speed with ease... and the powerband is so wonderful.. for a stock car its got this great growl, and the turbos making delightful noises at every adjustment of throttle input!! the first chance i had to lay into was coming up an on ramp in 4th at about 55mph and soon as it made full boost the rear came loose, note to self .. too much power for the rain "check", haha.. the gearing is perfectly spaced and just short enough that you would find yourself using all of 6th on a fast track... the little i was able to find out what she was like it was so impressive, in 6th at 80mph just half throttle it just soars past 100 so quickly, when i wanted to go faster my mind kept saying.. time to downshift to get into the powerband but not in this car.. its so wide and torquey just leave it in sixth and give it some gas and i would find myself doing 130+ in just a few sec..
the car has ZERO body roll as expected of a finely tuned track machine but instead of the spine rattling harsh ride i was so pleasantly surprised that this takes a rough road so smooth i kept having to remind myself i wasn't in a luxury sedan.. and god can it cover some miles, it just positively eats the road, i'm not going to lie i was on a huge high the whole time of just experiencing the car, and there are a few compromises, like the carbon seats, and tight footwells and no luggage room.. but who cares!! all i know is i was having alot of fun on the interstate in terrible weather, i can't imagine what its going to be like to have it on a good road in the dry!!
i do have some reasonably good news, if things go really well the car could be back up and running by the weekend.. but bad news is best case scenario it will be fri and the kevlar clutch going in will need several hundred miles of driving to break in before i can give her any boost so she won't be fit for any good driving by fri! but i will be there some how some way!
heres a few pics.. weather kept the picture taking opportunities to a minimum! haha
One thing the is truly indeniable about having a noble is it immediatley elevates you to rock star status.. i never would have believed it till i saw it, but EVERYONE watches you.. and people are constantly taking pictures with their camera phones.. nearly wrecking you and them both to get close.. every gas station you stop at atleast 3 people have to ask about it.. and we stopped at this one wondeful shell/burger king joint.. and i overheard some finely educated man telling a fellow female coworker that he didn't need to go look at it any more because "i've seen dem lambos be-fo in canary yellow, dey always be gett'n busted" .... such a refreshing conversation! hahaha... i only regret i didn't go in to talk with them about the yellow lambo!

this is a great example of what it looked like for 800 miles! haha!

i love this one!!

back at speedwerks...

Old 11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #184 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

nice pics buddy...i guess my first ride is gonna be delayed a bit.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 11-01-2009, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #185 (permalink)

****, I'll ride the Triumph, need to put miles on it anyway. Your fingers will go before your nutz anyway.

but not this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Pete, thanks buddy. It kinda depends on what the weather is going to look like and whether i really want to freeze my nutz off in mountains, although if someone else (Aaron??) is riding, may plan on it anyway. Also, there is the female unit variable, as she has not committed yet to going. Maybe taking the bike will be a good way to ensure an estrogen-free weekend?
R Gruppe #435

ZUFFENHAUS
Old 11-01-2009, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #186 (permalink)

Turbo Hooligan

I take it the 914's not running still???

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 11-01-2009, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #187 (permalink)

I wish, just been too busy to focus on the 914. But getting closer.
R Gruppe #435

ZUFFENHAUS
Old 11-01-2009, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #188 (permalink)

Congratulations! Your car looks terrific. I love the mirror shot but some how I don't think you ere at speed.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #189 (permalink)

Garage
The seller had to know there wasn't much clutch left, squeeze him for some dough. Looks good though.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #190 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
what ^he^ said

congrats tho - that rocks

loved the driving impressions tx for sharing, and great pics - killer lines, amazing presence

'that one' is most certainly on the to-do list - good fer you!

***ENJOY***

(is that an 'ouch' by the RF light or the shadowing?)

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 11-02-2009, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #191 (permalink)

Garage
ok guys trying to get a head count and find out when everyone is leaving. i am leaving on thurs. just to have a little more time so it isnt get there and turn around and leave. planning on hittin road about 9 or 10 am thurs cmon boys!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #192 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

<---- is planning on pulling out of Greenville at about 2:00-2:30 PM on Friday. Will be running up I-85 for the duration. That should put me into Speedwerks at about 5:00 PM. Still at the RRI. Its pretty close to the DoubleTree so the neighborhood should not be too sketchy right?

Last edited by Shadetree930; 11-02-2009 at 10:49 AM..
Old 11-02-2009, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #193 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

nahh, the neighborhood gets sketchy about a mile down the road headed into greensboro. but it stays down there. no worries where the hotels are located.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #194 (permalink)

haha.. the picture was taken by my wife on the hwy at 80mph.. its deceptive isn't it? hahaha ..
don't worry the seller offered to help pay for it without me even asking, he's a good guy!!

and that black spot in the front is just smudged dirt from the rainy ride back! no booboo's on the car that are visable really anywhere.. just some hidden rock chips inside the fender wells..

Everyone gets to see it this weekend one way or another though! hahaa
Old 11-02-2009, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #195 (permalink)

I'll be leaving Gastonia (Charlotte) around 3 to 3:30 on Friday - I hope...

David, we can synch around CLT and tag alone to Speedwerks.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #196 (permalink)

Hey Brad, did you say wife????????

Last edited by Miguel Antonett; 11-02-2009 at 08:04 AM..
Old 11-02-2009, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #197 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
I'll be leaving Gastonia (Charlotte) around 3 to 3:30 on Friday - I hope...

David, we can synch around CLT and tag alone to Speedwerks.

I will be coming through CLT just about then as well.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #198 (permalink)

Miguel- yes my wife.. we got married in april.. haha.. and yes she will be there for all of the festivities! the question still remains will the car be running! haha.. speedwerks is tearing her down now. .and i mean tearing the car apart just to change a clutch! what a wonderfully packaged car, just not made to be worked on..

Last edited by tarheelturbo; 11-02-2009 at 04:59 PM..
Old 11-02-2009, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #199 (permalink)

Paul and I will be getting together somewhere on I-85 near CLT around 3 p.m. on Friday (specifics TBD by Thursday evening) heading to Greensboro. Anyone else to tag alone???
Old 11-03-2009, 03:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #200 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: