Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I just wanted to thank everybody for being so supportive & teaching me a lot about my car! I love all the videos & pictures and I hope you all enjoy some of our pictures as well. (Vicky will be posting soon)

I'm tempted to buy a turbo to rag on. hahaha

I'm still digesting the weekend & am wondering what a track event would be like. If anybody wants me to look into Monticello raceway track in Sullivan County, NY, if you want to come up this way, I'll check it out......
Old 11-10-2009, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #261 (permalink)

more pix

Day One.

Justin's breakdown "lane"

Ouch.

view from the passenger seat

just roadside "dressing". No police around.

Oh! So THAT'S what the countryside looked like.

The Day Two group

great photo!

taking some time out to re-group

Happy Udo

Old 11-10-2009, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #262 (permalink)

and just a few more pix to drool over

GETTING READY FOR DAY ONE

THE NEW GUY GETTING SOME HELPFUL ADVICE

NEED TO KEEP THE VIEW CLEAR

AND THEY'RE COMING 'ROUND THE BEND

BRAD'S RIDE

THE DOG'S OUR NEW MASCOT

Old 11-10-2009, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #263 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Awesome pics John! don't worry about another turbo for the track, you have a great car, very well sorted, and a perfect candidate for a track day. just put painters tape over the nose and wheel wells and anywhere prone to stone chips, and have a blast with it!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #264 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Ok damn it!! Schedule the next one and I'll be there!! I may have to ride Beotch with somebody (but I want someone who drinks and drives so maybe Frank or Paul hahaha)
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 11-10-2009, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #265 (permalink)

Garage
ok guys i am back to reality....yuk but i have started working on turbopalooza 4 for mid january here in sunny west palm beach. drove out to morosso park, which is now palm beach international raceway (after getting a major facelift and the passing of mr morosso hell i havnt even been on the new track.) just kinda planted a seed with some of the ladies i remembered there from the racing days. so even though its a little early now start thinking about it guys, the weather here that time of year will be awesome and i will make sure we all have a good time. i gotta keep up with justin and pete right?great seeing everybody again and look foreward to mid jan. palooza 4!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #266 (permalink)
R.I.P.

well, PBIR is right up my alley... sounds great.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #267 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
don't worry about another turbo for the track, just put painters tape over the nose and wheel wells and anywhere prone to stone chips, and have a blast with it!
Exhibit A:

Sir Toddalot... you must be referrin to the 'other' Paul... no D&D (no *not* "Dunkin Donuts") for moi - btdt 1000yrs ago nothing good comes as result 8-). Then again, I know nuthing... nuthhhhhhhing...

Love the vids Paul, keep the pics / stories coming boys. Those shots of Andy sitting helpless riding gun w/ Petey had me flashin back... 40, 40, 40, 40, snore, 39, 32... 147. Bwhahahaha...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 11-11-2009, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #268 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post

Sir Toddalot... you must be referrin to the 'other' Paul... no D&D (no *not* "Dunkin Donuts") for moi - btdt 1000yrs ago nothing good comes as result 8-). Then again, I know nuthing... nuthhhhhhhing...
Not this Paul either. It's hard enough to keep these things on the road when you are sober.

And no ... you still can not see THAT video
Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #269 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Uhm yeah my imaginary friends with turbo's those are the guys....
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 11-11-2009, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #270 (permalink)

John's brake test!

Paul - thanks for the driving videos... your car sounds great, the engine AND the squealing tires!

Justin - your laugh is great at 53 seconds!

John/Vicki - Paul's video catches your smoky "brake check". We all had a great laugh about that at the cool little pit stop location.

Wow that was too fun. I need to follow Justin's lead and ship my car back to the old country and spend a week at the ring, then roam around Europe for a couple more weeks....

R Gruppe bicycles - Cannondale, Titus, Specialized, Bridgestone, Raleigh, Schwinn Paramount, and Scattante TT bike.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #271 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney265 View Post
I need a zork!!

BTW: can you email me that video clip?? Please!!

mooney265@aol.com
Sure will. Let me figure out the best way to package it.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #272 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Exhibit A:

Love the vids Paul, keep the pics / stories coming boys. Those shots of Andy sitting helpless riding gun w/ Petey had me flashin back... 40, 40, 40, 40, snore, 39, 32... 147. Bwhahahaha...
Paul, you crazy coookster, T3 just wasn't the same without youse wise-guys from 'Hampsha'.... one way or another we have to concoct another rendevous, esp after Jake gets done with his monster motor (he's gonna have to paint *****in' flames over that minerva blue after all is done) Did u ever source a replacement eyeball for your lady?

We'll, if there was ever proof positive of the old adage, 'don't bring a knife to gun fight' here it is... 'Palooza carnage

Both alternator bearing let go, probably somewhere around my last 6800 rpm shift as i mercilessly flogged the 'Chickarrera' at a faster pace in an increasingly futile attempt to keep up. While the fan housing cracked and bearings simply melted (probably from the vibration and alternator heat) the fan itself miraculously survived.

Well, i have had a pretty much complete 3.2 turbo conversion kit gathering dust since i bought the 930, so it think it's time to slap her on. Resistance is futile to the lure of the boost

Hey Udo... just do it! Being Austrian, how can you NOT take that 964 on a 'drift' tour back to the motherland??? BTW, remind your bro to upload that great clip of you sliding that curve!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 11-11-2009, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #273 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

OK I did my part ... now I want to see the rest of the vids

Post em if ya got em!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #274 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Miguel, Brad, where you at??? I know you both took some vids.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 11-11-2009, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #275 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jettat View Post

Justin - your laugh is great at 53 seconds!
I agree ... it epitomizes the spirit of TurboPalooza
Old 11-11-2009, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #276 (permalink)

I know Pete... since we got back it's been crazy at work, in addition I'm still waiting on Victoria to figure out how to retrieve the videos and pictures from the new camera; we know they're there but may be the flames from your car burnt it up... we might have to get an electronics guru to figure it out OR EVEN BETTER we might have to do the whole T3 thing again next weekend or so... what a suffering :-)

Orgasmic times!!!

Last edited by Miguel Antonett; 11-12-2009 at 05:09 AM..
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #277 (permalink)

If the camera has a USB port and you're on a windows computer just plug the USB cable into the camera and right click 'start' in the bottom left corner of the screen.

In the menu that pops up click 'explore'
In the folder tree that shows up in wndows explorer along the left side of the screen your camera will show up as a removable and alphabetically listed drive down towards the bottom of the folder tree.
You will probably have to scroll down to get to it.

Click your camera to select it and all the files on it's memory card will eventually show up depending on the speed of your computer and camera connection and the file sizes.
They will appear faster if you click view up on the toolbar and select 'list' instead of thumbnails.

Then select some or all of the files by clicking on them once and copy and paste them or drag and drop them to your folder of choice. You can make a new folder and name it.
The desktop is an easy to find place to drop them if you can't decide on a location right away.

Do yourself a favor and do not install the camera software. It's garbage software and problematic clutter you don't need.
Windows explorer is all you need to download and organize your files and the other programs are actually using the explorer engine in their crappy software anyway.

This is all very quick and easy once you've done it a few times.
You can select groups of files by holding down control on the keyboard while selecting the files or hold down shift and click on a file and then another file in the list and all the files in between will be highlighted so you can move them all at once.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #278 (permalink)

Alex video

Quote:
Hey Udo... ...remind your bro to upload that great clip of you sliding that curve!
My brother is also experiencing "technical difficulties" getting the video to upload... He put everything on a DVD which will be here in a couple days... I did see the "slide" before he left... lots of tire noise before I head off around the corner out of sight.

He also took an awesome clip just hanging arm straight down out the window and shooting the rear of the car. It was on a nice section of road and perfectly catches the suspension travel of my car, while seeing the cars behind dance around the curves. He also has more pics, which I'll also post when the DVD arrives.

Justin-
Through these posts a friend and former colleague contacted me. Jamie Novack (jpnovack)... we worked together back in the day. I didn't know he was a Porsche freak ALSO...

Best,
Udo

R Gruppe bicycles - Cannondale, Titus, Specialized, Bridgestone, Raleigh, Schwinn Paramount, and Scattante TT bike.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #279 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Still drumming my fingers on the keyboard waiting for the rest of the vids ......
Old 11-14-2009, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #280 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: