Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thanks guys.. I'm very excited about it, just opening another car chapter in my life!
I haven't picked it up yet next friday! So no impressions, I'm picking up a stock one so modding will be done under my supervision..
But as for stats its 2350lbs, 425bhp twin turbo v6.. That's just begging for more boost there's a 100hp in just a reflash and opened exhaust.. Pretty sick I think.. And just blistering track performance.. Its like a lotus elise with real power.. And wider.. And let face it.. Better looking
No abs no traction control. Just pure sports car!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

Garage
NICE very nice, not too subtle either, the power to weight ratio is awesome, my buddy who was at Chrysler for years in the advance vehicle design department had one, his fuel line popped off and I caught fire before that he was lighting the track on fire, much more powerful cars were having a very difficult time staying with him.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 10-21-2009, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Noble - pretty sweet. I did not see that coming

I would imagine alittle decel fuel enrichment and you'll be flame throwing in no time.

Are those based on Ford V6's?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

Garage
It is the Ford Europe/World twin turbocharged V6. They are finally introducing them in the new Taurus, great engine and relatively light too.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Yep, I finally moved to CLT and the toys are here in addition to 421 boxes to unpack... the hershey bar turbo will be there.
So that's why we've not seen you at Barber's. I see your car still looks great.

Tom Fleming
Alabama region PCA
Old 10-21-2009, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Nice score Brad, post pics when u pick her up!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)

Yes Tom, finally made the move to CLT in August and miss you guys, the local twisites and Barber...; however, there are few tracks around here in addition of being closer to the Dragon and will see in a couple of weeks the "secret" north NC and WV fun roads. The local P-car group is great and this forum keeps us all together supporting our passion for our cars.
Are you coming up for the event? It is going to be fun!
Nice to hear from you and welcome to the forum... and say HI! to the rest of the guys in B'ham.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)

Garage
I would love to join you. However, the job many times gets in the way of my social life. And this would be one of those times. I have driven the roads in north Georgia with Don E and friends. Loved every mile of it. You guys have a great time and be careful. I do hope we'll see you back at Barber in the future. Good to hear from you.

Tom
Old 10-21-2009, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)

well thanks again guys!! good info lincoln, i didn't know the new taurus twin turbo was utilizing the same basic motor, the one thing that i know is different in the m400 is the turbos and head/cam setup were changed and tuned by rousch.. hence the 75hp increase in power.. most amazing thing is how easy it is with these cars to make even more power.. the beauty of turbos!! well i can't wait to see everyone there!
btw lincoln... what have you decided to do with your car?? i saw it at speedwerks today, made me sad to see it sitting there instead of home in your garage!!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)

Garage
I have a 993tt in mind as soon as Speedwerks gets her well again. The horsepower the car makes is outstanding but I not much of a do it yourself type ( I have neither the time nor the patience) so I think I need something that I don't have to ferry back and forth for simple issues that a guy like Jim, Don E and many others could do and they, I am sure, have fun doing. Another reason is that I can't take my wife and daughter in the car at the same time, wait, that seems like a good reason to keep the car.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
I have a 993tt in mind as soon as Speedwerks gets her well again. The horsepower the car makes is outstanding but I not much of a do it yourself type ( I have neither the time nor the patience) so I think I need something that I don't have to ferry back and forth for simple issues that a guy like Jim, Don E and many others could do and they, I am sure, have fun doing. Another reason is that I can't take my wife and daughter in the car at the same time, wait, that seems like a good reason to keep the car.
Linc...IMO you have to keep that car. My good friend has a 993tt with some mods (Ultimate stage 1 turbos). I got to borrow that car over labor day weekend while I was visiting California. Very nice, but IMHO just doesn't have "it" the way our 930s do. My friend says that very few mechanics want to touch the 993tt. In the San Francisco area, all the shops and dealers tell him to go to S-Car Go (Rob King) in San Raphael. Apparently no-one wants to deal with them...something to keep in mind.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Linc, why don't u just do what 'JBL930' did and have the best of both world's? My 930 - 993tt engine project

BTW, what's going on with your ride? Is it back at Speedwerks?
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-22-2009, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #152 (permalink)

Garage
Jake I still have to send you the helmet bag I am going to walk back to my shipping department and send it now. Jake, Justin I think it may have dropped a valve, this project on my car is forcing me to consider my sanity and it seems she always wants more, it would have beeen cheaper to have three mistresses, but somehow I can't seem to break free, just when I think I am out she pulls me back in with her sexy ways. I don't know if I am cut out to handle the Devil's temptress maybe I just want a car to come home to that doesn't quite do "it" for me the way she does but what car could fill the void and be reasonably dependable.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Quote:
(snip) ... maybe I just want a car to come home to that doesn't quite do "it" for me the way she does but what car could fill the void and be reasonably dependable.
But Lincoln, then it would not be A CAR would it? It would just be transportation (albeit, darned fast).
Old 10-22-2009, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)

Thought i would post up a couple more pics...

Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to turboguy934 Send a message via Yahoo to turboguy934 Send a message via Skype™ to turboguy934
noble

sexy, sexy
Old 10-22-2009, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #156 (permalink)

Garage
Schwing
Old 10-22-2009, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #157 (permalink)

Garage
Ooh, that's one trick car! I see that it's located in MO. If it's in St.Louis then send me a PM about its whereabouts. I'd like to see it in person and maybe meet you if you are picking it up!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #158 (permalink)

Turbo Hooligan

Those tail lights look familiar...

things that make you go, hmmmmmmmm.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 10-22-2009, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #159 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
Those tail lights look familiar...

things that make you go, hmmmmmmmm.
C'mon Pete, dont be hatin' a playa...
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #160 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: