Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
LOL!! Quite similar! Good for a laugh! Wasn't it Morgan that used the headlight (or was it tail lights) from a Volkswagen New Beetle for their latest machine?
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Totally off topic but...

All to save a buck!
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 10-22-2009, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)

Pete your such a hater!! hahaha.. i knew my punishment for selling the 930 was coming sometime!! lol
Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

I know I know....
It was poor taste but I couldn't stop myself...Remember when the Lotus Esprits used the toyota corolla tail lights? and Brad you know how much I'm an Esprit fan! Its all in jest, You know I love the noble. and like I said, imagine what it could do with GT-28's straight pipes, and 20lbs of boost!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...

Last edited by pkracer21j; 10-22-2009 at 05:46 PM..
Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

just don't let me adjust the boost...we've all seen that end result.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 10-22-2009, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)

Garage
Well, have spent the last couple of weeks getting the girl ready for T3.

Valve adjustment. Check. Oil Change with new non-leak silicone gaskets. Check. New plugs. Check. Replaced worn braided oil scavenge line. Check

As u guys at at T2 this past summer may remember, on the last day (sunday) my starter quit and we were having to roll start the old girl. Well, after pulling my starter, it turns out that the starter and solenoid were actually ok, but the old (POS) yellow solenoid wire is at fault. This is a common problem on old 911's and 930's, where the yellow solenoid wire, somewhere along it's path from the ignition switch to the starter, gets worn, or loses conductivity, and not longer can supply enough juice to crank the car. Couldnt seem to find out where along the line the loss was occurring, no matter where i tested.

So, i bought the 'hot start' relay kit from our host, and installed the same set-up Gabe has in blackbird (which i really liked).... a push button starter. Found a perfectly sized switch from autozone for 5 bucks, and drilled a hole in the pre-marked 'hole' spot just to the right of the steering column.
Ran a fused wire from the pos. terminal of batter to dash, then another wire from the relay kit though the rear tranny access panel, under carpet and to the dash, and 'Voila' got push button starting. Just turn the key to juice up the ignition, and push the starter... she never started so good

Anyhow, to make a long story longer, after zip-tying everything and double checking all work, finally took her for a short spin last nite. Ran great, even after having sat for basically several months while i got the SC ready for Europe, and euro trip.
Pulled back into bay, and while running, looked underneath for leaks... and saw there was oil running out of the turbo exhaust outlet where the zork tube flange meet the exhaust housing. Was no smoke at all. Promptly shut her down and unbolted the zork and cold side inlet pipes. Was oil residue on inside of ehxhaust housing, but very little on cold side, other than some which had leaked down.

More significantly, when i checked the turbo shaft, and there was a ton of lateral (but no axial) play. The impeller spins freely,with no grinding of the housing or of the shaft itself. Bad seal???

So, i guess she is finally is getting back at me for cheating on her for 3 weeks in Europe with my 'other' girlfriend.

Anyway, the turbo is off to Tim's Turbos next week (he got a good rap here in one thread, anyone here dealt with him for Garret rebuilds?), Tim's Turbos - Turbo Rebuilding for a rebuild and the 930 will not be coming to T3. The cabrio is down at the moment until i have time to replace a bad crank sensor resulting in a no-start condition, so that leaves either the Ducati or 350Z
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 10-30-2009 at 07:05 AM..
Old 10-30-2009, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)

Turbo Hooligan

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear it, the 350z will work, there used to be a couple on our sunday drives and they weren't loosing any ground.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

If you decide to bring the duc, let me know so I can line a bike up for the weekend.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)

Garage
juice as you and i spoke the other nite i am coming in thurs. so you can drive mine to cure the BOOST FIX!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #169 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmwguy View Post
juice as you and i spoke the other nite i am coming in thurs. so you can drive mine to cure the BOOST FIX!!!
frank, you rock bro! that would be awesome for just a little seat time over weekend!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-30-2009, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
If you decide to bring the duc, let me know so I can line a bike up for the weekend.
Pete, thanks buddy. It kinda depends on what the weather is going to look like and whether i really want to freeze my nutz off in mountains, although if someone else (Aaron??) is riding, may plan on it anyway. Also, there is the female unit variable, as she has not committed yet to going. Maybe taking the bike will be a good way to ensure an estrogen-free weekend?
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #171 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Justin, maybe you can ride beeotch in Miguels Caymen (sorry had to say it )
Wish I was going to be there...
Bad luck on the turbo,,
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 10-30-2009, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #172 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dreizig View Post
Justin, maybe you can ride beeotch in Miguels Caymen (sorry had to say it )
Wish I was going to be there...
Bad luck on the turbo,,
Damn Todd, Ouch ! (No offense Miguel)

Gonna miss u this year, hope to get out to west coast sometime in near future.
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-30-2009, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #173 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Damn sad to hear Justin - wish you the best in getting her back together with the new turbo. Looks like it'll have to wait until T4 when we'll run all the turbos in another historic chapter of our sweet forum crew.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #174 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Damn sad to hear Justin - wish you the best in getting her back together with the new turbo. Looks like it'll have to wait until T4 when we'll run all the turbos in another historic chapter of our sweet forum crew.
Thanks Buddy, but hey, as far as i'm concerned, if you aren't breaking $hit, you aren't running your stuff enough.

Plus, could have been doing 7000rpm in the mountains T3 weekend when the turbo decided to grenade itself, instead of just doing a test drive.

Hope all ok over there. Sorry SA didnt work out, but don't worry, it's gonna happen next year! BTW, we are planning a little salute to u and Blackie, so stay tuned
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-30-2009, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #175 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

BTW bro - love the toggle - can never have enough
Old 10-30-2009, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #176 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
BTW bro - love the toggle - can never have enough
LOL! True that! Toggles do indeed rock, especially in the controlled explosion environment which is a modded 930, where the car's life (or your's) may depend on them.
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-30-2009, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #177 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Paul I'm not sure where everyones staying but I know the double tree hotel is nice and has a somewhat secluded parking lot around the backside of it.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #178 (permalink)

OK guys no MCS or CS or V-rod this time, the chock rocket will be there...

Sorry Justin, the beeotch seat is already taking by the ***** :-)... Victoria.

BTW where are you guys staying? It'd be nice to hang out in the same hotel, it'll be easier to get together in the mornings.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #179 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

DoubleTree had no availability.

I made a 'backup' reservation at the Red Roof while I investigate options.

I am traveling without the wife and suspect the Paloozers will spend hardly enough time in the rooms to really matter anyhow so ... it will be sort of like camping.

Last edited by Shadetree930; 11-01-2009 at 09:29 AM..
Old 11-01-2009, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #180 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: