Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Boost Freak

Garage
Question Any 930 winter storage tips?

I'm getting things ready for winter around here and wondered what the norm is for storing a 930? I kind of worry about the injectors or fuel system plugging up more than anything. I plan on topping the tank off and using some kind of gas stabilizer. Is one brand better than the other? I was going to try Seafoam.

Is it a good idea to put the car up on jack stands or not? I usually leave it on the ground in case we get a break mid winter where I can take it out for a spin, but too, notice the tires get flat spotted after sitting for more than a month.

Of course I'll keep a Battery tender on the battery to keep it charged. Anything I am forgetting, or any suggestions?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Do a search. Just recently was discussed in detail.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Use it!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Maybe I missed something but this is about what I do........

Fresh oil change
Gas up with gas stabilizer. STABIL!
Float Charger
Leave doors and windows open
Get off ground or park on plastic. If you use jack stands, the stands should be on plastic.
Put blocks under wiper arms
Inflate tires to the max. ~50lbs That'll prevent flat spotting
Cover it
Old 10-02-2009, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc View Post
Maybe I missed something but this is about what I do........

Fresh oil change
Gas up with gas stabilizer. STABIL!
Float Charger
Leave doors and windows open
Get off ground or park on plastic. If you use jack stands, the stands should be on plastic.
Put blocks under wiper arms
Inflate tires to the max. ~50lbs That'll prevent flat spotting
Cover it

Why would you leave the doors open?

I have a supposedly breathable cover, but it still condenses moisture underneath, so I quit using it and just let the car get dusty.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx1 View Post
Why would you leave the doors open?

I have a supposedly breathable cover, but it still condenses moisture underneath, so I quit using it and just let the car get dusty.
I leave the doors open or on the first 'click'. I do this because it allows the door seals to relax and expand back to their normal round shape instead of being squished all winter. It makes for a tighter seal and less wind noise in the spring. Of course that doesn't matter now because I run a straight pipe...

I've used many different types of covers, Wolf, Porsche, I can't think of what I'm using right now but none of them ever left condensation under it on the car when I took it off. You may consider getting a new one? I cover mine and put it up on the lift so it's outta sight outta mind. Makes winter a little easier if I don't long for it all winter long. I'll be storing mine too here pretty soon.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I came across a Northeast PCA site a while back which details winterizing quite well. You may want to check it out. Porsche Club of America, Russell's Tech Tips
Old 10-08-2009, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Bill's recommendation on the doors also applies to the hood and trunk, I believe if you leave them cracked open don't need to leave the windows down... picky, picky, picky...
Old 10-09-2009, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Bill's recommendation on the doors also applies to the hood and trunk, I believe if you leave them cracked open don't need to leave the windows down... picky, picky, picky...
Yup, I leave the trunk and hood open as well...

I also put in dri-gas in the fuel when I top it off.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Do not forget to thank the neighborhood hungry cat that is on patrol if you leave the doors, trunk, windows ajar. I just noticed one near my garage today.

Last edited by voitureltd; 10-15-2009 at 04:55 AM..
Old 10-14-2009, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: