Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Ebay 1986 @ $27K less than advertised

The current NO RESERVE Ebay item #230384724414 an 1986 930 that is from Eldorado Hills ( Sacramento area ) is depicted as a 24500 mile near perfect example. I had my son who lives near by take a peek as I had already bid over $25K. He reported that it was about as nice as my 61K mile 1978 930 ( which is not , in my opinion, a perfect example ). When you read the description you would swear it was like new. Low miles when used in stop & Go freeway traffic with AC on and less than frequent service can really add some wear and tear. The seller seemed to have never been to a Porsche Concours. Must just think it looks in nice condition ( and it does but not really pristine) for a 23 year old car. How much more than the current $27.1 K it will get ( based on the low miles ) we will see. I'll take a well cared for, correctly driven and serviced higher mileage car for the same price ( or less as some seem to be offered for recently ) any day.

Last edited by voitureltd; 10-07-2009 at 09:35 AM..
Old 10-07-2009, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
A buddy just bought a nice '86 for $25.5K. Normal mileage but a nice well cared for example. Another purchased an authentic 25K mile garage queen bone stock for $25K. The car immediately began to fall apart as it was driven. Sitting kills these cars.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

When I bought my 28k miles 930, I have to spent a lot of money to get the car properly running again. However, the interior reflects the mileage because it is in awesome shape. You have to calculate the money that you will be spending to get the car in tip top shape again or unless the PO has already done that. Check invoices before you buy.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
The current NO RESERVE Ebay item #230384724414 an 1986 930 that is from Eldorado Hills ( Sacramento area ) is depicted as a 24500 mile near perfect example. I had my son who lives near by take a peek as I had already bid over $25K. He reported that it was about as nice as my 61K mile 1978 930 ( which is not , in my opinion, a perfect example ). When you read the description you would swear it was like new. Low miles when used in stop & Go freeway traffic with AC on and less than frequent service can really add some wear and tear. The seller seemed to have never been to a Porsche Concours. Must just think it looks in nice condition ( and it does but not really pristine) for a 23 year old car. How much more than the current $27.1 K it will get ( based on the low miles ) we will see. I'll take a well cared for, correctly driven and serviced higher mileage car for the same price ( or less as some seem to be offered for recently ) any day.
SOLD $37900 WOW that is a lot of money in todays market for a car with some needs according to some on this forum.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Made in Flacht

The economy must be turning around. I can't see paying that kind of money for that car unless you are looking for an unmolested copy that will sit in the garage.
1995 International 9200 Road Tractor 11 Litre Single Axle Daycab Eaton Super 10 Tranny
Old 10-12-2009, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksd3 View Post
The economy must be turning around. I can't see paying that kind of money for that car unless you are looking for an unmolested copy that will sit in the garage.
I just sold a unmolested 1988 930 factory ( just turned 30500 miles) SN that was perfect ( and I mean perfect by my standards in every way) for close to $60K and the buyer has already put on over 2000 miles in just over a month. Some people do like to drive them, as how much is a car worth that just sits? Sure it will be worth less in a few years with more miles however the value of this model may rise in the meantime. What about the guys that bought water cooled Porsches and the Turbos are selling for close to 100k less than new?? I'll take a 930 at todays ( even the high sold prices mentioned here) anyday. 930's represent a realitively good buy for the performance and cost minded.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: