Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Light on a gauge.

Hi all,

I have a question on my 77 930. On my temp/oil pressure gauge I have three lights. None are working. The question is I know the idiot lights on two of the three. I have had 2 other 911 and they all had two. This gauge has three. One extra on the top. I will try to take a pic tomorrow and post it. But for now. Anyone know what it is.

Rob
Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
its the e-brake warning light on top (red). on = release the parking brake idiot...
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by occb2 View Post
Hi all,

I have a question on my 77 930. On my temp/oil pressure gauge I have three lights. None are working. The question is I know the idiot lights on two of the three. I have had 2 other 911 and they all had two. This gauge has three. One extra on the top. I will try to take a pic tomorrow and post it. But for now. Anyone know what it is.

Rob
My '77 is not a 930. But it has a generator (alternator) warning light (with the symbol) as the bottom red light, closest to the center.

Next light up is the oil pressure warning (idiot) light, that's green.

Pretty sure the red light above that does nothing. Has no markings, has no bulb in it, no floating holder on the harness that I can see.

Bought a spare oil temp/pressure gauge from another '77. The PO had sealed that bulb holder off with electrical tape.

The e-brake warning is on the dash on a '77.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
I drove my car today, it's not for the e-brake, the owner's manual says it's for the brakes - can't confirm if it has bulb, or even works, would rather not find out.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 10-09-2009, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

If the owners manual says it's for the brakes, that would mean some type if brake failure. There's a piston in the master cylinder and if it gets off center too much, it sets off the light. At least that's the ways it is on other cars.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredcalvin View Post
the owner's manual says it's for the brakes - can't confirm if it has bulb, or even works, would rather not find out.
You have a '76. On a '77, the brake warning light is fitted to the center of the dash, next to the seat belt warning light.

The '77 911S/Turbo Carrera owners manual shows a picture of the gauge with 3 lights. Two are labeled (alternator and oil pressure).

The top warning light in the '77 gauge is for the oil temperature warning light on a car fitted with a Sportomatic.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

BMW Roundel Lumma Design takes on the Porsche Panamera with the CLR 700GT

Lumma Design takes on the Porsche Panamera with the CLR 700GT

Lumma Design takes on the Porsche Panamera with the CLR 700GT | AutoShortNews

Old 10-11-2009, 01:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: